• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rob the Badger

I didn't think that this would be a championship team

Rate this topic

Not a single win in 8 games? Only one point in the last 8? Not a single home victory and it's almost Thanksgiving? What the hell? The hole they're digging is getting bigger and bigger. They're going to have to get on a blazing hot streak just to catch up to the .500 mark? I know things can get disorganized when you get a new head coach, and there has been a lot of personnel turn over, but this is getting rediculous... rediculous and down right scary!

The longest losing streak in franchise history is 9 (12/17/04 through 1/8/05). A couple more losses and this team rewrites the record books.

But look on the bright side. They're only 5 games below .500 and there's still a lot of hockey left. Don't write them off yet.

Is this a surprise? the Wings have no talent in the Griff's. Its what we got to look forward to Wings fans.

I plan on making my way out to a few Griffins game to see what they got to offer first hand, Since i live relativly close. Im hoping to see something worth my while.

Is this a surprise? the Wings have no talent in the Griff's. Its what we got to look forward to Wings fans.

I plan on making my way out to a few Griffins game to see what they got to offer first hand, Since i live relativly close. Im hoping to see something worth my while.

Yes, it is a surprise. The Hockey News, and other sites put the Griffs in the top 5 (even contending the for the cup). They have a solid group of guys, they shouldn't be getting pushed around. They're just taking dumb penalties, are out of position, Jimmy is in a "slump". They have no leader, to get them to put their butts in gear. Coach Stothers is looking pretty bad at the moment, because he is the only one to really blame. The wings were so high on him, yet he isn't doing jack. He doesn't challenge the refs when they make a bad call, he doesn't say anything in post game interviews that 95% of the coaches would. He is doing nothing in the media to get the team fired up, or anything to repair a broken team confidence. I'm getting dangerously close to throwing him under the bus, and the wings for pretty much only interviewing him. It was a BIG mistake. This team shouldn't be under .500, and shouldn't be out of the playoffs. They are a couple good bounces away from turning it around, they need to get Jimmy a win that he can use as motivation. Cullen, Staford or Hartigan needs to step up and take the C. Enough with this rotating "c" crap. Hartigan has been very impressive lately. Galvin and Insana have as well. Other than that one game I've thought Keefe has a been big. He's hit eveything and just filled his role. We have some good players but they just cant seem to get this going.... I'm definitely sticking with it, but something has to give.

This is the most ignorant attitude ever.

"Our farm club is doing X, which guarantees our big club will do X in a few years."

This was the attitude used to say 'The Wings are fine now, but they'll be terrible in a few years" all through the 90s, because the A-Wings didn't win a playoff round in their final five seasons. The 1999 Adirondack team's most accomplish players to play 15 or more games were Petr Klima and Doug Houda, both of whom were ENDING their careers. Of prospects playing that much, the only ones to ever earn a regular spot in the NHL would be Darryl Laplante, Shane Hnidy, Jesse Wallin, Yan Golubovsky, and Maxim Kuznetsov. Hnidy is the only one still playing. If you projected the Wings' success based only on their AHL team, the Wings would be the worst team in the league. The 98 team featured Laplante, Kuznetsov, Golubovsky, as well as leading scorer Stacy Roest, goaltender Norm Maracle, and Tampa Bay prospect Pavel Kubina--the only player from either season of A-Wings to establish himself as more than a depth player at the NHL level.

An interesting comparison is to look at the first quarter of the season put in by the San Antonio Rampage (head coach: Greg Ireland). This team was supposed to do nothing....but hmmm....look at them go.

Great coaching decision by the Red Wings brass....