• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RedWings Gone Wild

Central Division, finally strong?

Rate this topic

I've been thinking about this...

How's for example going 0-8 against the Blackhawks this season is going to help us in the playoffs?

Thats the whole point though. The Wings WON'T go 0-8 against the Bhawks this season. In fact, I wouldnt be surprised to see them end the season 4-4 against the Hawks. It really does take a while to get it through your head that you need to elevate your game against a team when theyve been such a poor squad for so long. Columbus played us hard last year, the Preds have had some good years, and the Blues have been battling us off and on for the division title for years. Not surprisingly, the team that theyve owned the most through the years is the team theyre having the hardest time with.

The whole point people are making when they say its good for the Wings that the division is tough, is that it allows them to learn from past mistakes before it costs them their playoff hopes. If they develop the mentality where any team, any night can kick their collective red wing asses (and I dont mean just saying "oh yeah the Hawks are good this year". That doesnt necessarily mean they believe what theyre saying), theyll go into the off-season knowing that not bringing their A game every night is too big a risk to take.

Just wanted to point out that if the playoffs started today, only 1 team, nashville, would not be in the playoffs from the central... that is quite a statement

I know its early but just saying, I dont know if we would be able to say that this early in a season since who knows when

Right now the Central is by FAR the best division in the league. All five teams are good. The only other division you could say that for is the Northeast but they aren't as good.

And FRW, come on man. We won't lose 8 to the Hawks. After 4 games it's pretty clear who the better team is. The scoreboard should start to reflect that. I hope anyway.

Edited by Doggy

Guest Blackhawkdown

And FRW, come on man. We won't lose 8 to the Hawks. After 4 games it's pretty clear who the better team is. The scoreboard should start to reflect that. I hope anyway.

So after 4 games which you are 0-4 in, its clear who the better team is? Going by that i'd say its the Blackhawks are better, I just dont understand your logic.

I think the Red Wings right now are still the best team in the division (obviously), but the Hawks arent that far behind. And having Havlat back only makes us that much stronger (as long as he stays healthy).

Only time will tell if we can continue to win, but I really believe we will, so much talent on the Hawks this year.

And to answer the question, yes, im glad the division is strong and we can actually give you a challenge this year :)

So after 4 games which you are 0-4 in, its clear who the better team is? Going by that i'd say its the Blackhawks are better, I just dont understand your logic.

I think the Red Wings right now are still the best team in the division (obviously), but the Hawks arent that far behind. And having Havlat back only makes us that much stronger (as long as he stays healthy).

I've been hoping that the blackhawks could become a contender for a long time now. Their fans deserve it, and it's beneficial to the sport of hockey. However, they aren't quite there yet. They are becoming one of the top teams in the division, and with a young core they stand to get better and better. They need to work on their consistency before we can call them a contender though. The Hawks are still dropping games to teams they should be beating every now and then.

Fair enough allow me to explain. After 4 games, I believe the Hawks were the better team in only one of them. Let's be serious here - two of the games the Wings dominated. However yes, the Wings are still only 0-3-1. Hats off to Chicago for achieving this feat. Being able to win when you have no right to is a characteristic of a Cup winner.

Moreover, the Wings are leading the league while the Hawks are far from it, that should also make it clear that Detroit is a better team.

Fair enough allow me to explain. After 4 games, I believe the Hawks were the better team in only one of them. Let's be serious here - two of the games the Wings dominated. However yes, the Wings are still only 0-3-1. Hats off to Chicago for achieving this feat. Being able to win when you have no right to is a characteristic of a Cup winner.

Moreover, the Wings are leading the league while the Hawks are far from it, that should also make it clear that Detroit is a better team.

Detroit is fortunate they got off to such a great start, because they have cooled off quite a bit. The Wings are 2-4-1 in their last 7 games against teams chasing them in the division. I wouldn't think they could keep that up and still win the division. We'll see if they turn that around.

The only thing that is stopping St. Louis from being neck and neck with Detroit (besides having played 2 less games than the Wings), is the Blues power play...which needs work. It's hard to go on long win streaks without a good power play, yet the Blues have done it going 8-1-1 in their last 10 and moving into 2nd place in the Central. Having a great PK and solid goaltending has been the key. And if the PP was any good, they'd probably have at least a couple more wins.

From what I remember, the Wings had trouble beating the Hawks when the Hawks sucked...so this is nothing new.

I think it's great the Hawks are competitive again. Detroit is due to finish 3rd in the division for a change....behind St. Louis and Chicago. ;)

Guest DetroitIan

Don Cherry even said the central might be the strongest in the NHL. So I would LOVE to hear what all the people who were saying the Red Wings are only good because of being in the central, have to say now. Despite being in a strong division, look whos not only the best in the west, but the best in the league right now. Lets see what all those morons have to say now.

I've been thinking about this...

How's for example going 0-8 against the Blackhawks this season is going to help us in the playoffs?

I sure hope all of you are right...sure i see how playing hard everynight helps you prepare for the season finale but at the same time we are the oldest team in the league. Breezing through a few games here and there isn't a bad thing. Won't be that kind of game tonight against Montreal.

Don Cherry even said the central might be the strongest in the NHL. So I would LOVE to hear what all the people who were saying the Red Wings are only good because of being in the central, have to say now. Despite being in a strong division, look whos not only the best in the west, but the best in the league right now. Lets see what all those morons have to say now.

Ummm...Detroit's record against the Central hasn't been good lately. 2-4-1 in their last seven...and they haven't beaten Chicago in four tries.

You would have a point if the Wings were actually beating the teams in the division on a consistent basis.

Detroit's good record says more about how they have played against teams outside the Central.

Guest DetroitIan

Ummm...Detroit's record against the Central hasn't been good lately. 2-4-1 in their last seven...and they haven't beaten Chicago in four tries.

You would have a point if the Wings were actually beating the teams in the division on a consistent basis.

Detroit's good record says more about how they have played against teams outside the Central.

Ummm...that wasnt my point at all. My point is, tons of non-Wings fans like to try to say we're only good because of the division we're in. And this year the central is quite strong. Yet who has the best record in hockey? Oh thats right, the Detroit Red Wings. And we're obviously not that bad against the division, considering we still have the most points in the NHL. The only team giving us problems is the Blackhawks. Other than that, we have been quite stellar(for the most part)all season.

Ummm...that wasnt my point at all. My point is, tons of non-Wings fans like to try to say we're only good because of the division we're in. And this year the central is quite strong. Yet who has the best record in hockey? Oh thats right, the Detroit Red Wings. And we're obviously not that bad against the division, considering we still have the most points in the NHL. The only team giving us problems is the Blackhawks. Other than that, we have been quite stellar(for the most part)all season.

It's babcock's plan to get us league-wide respect. Simply beat everyone in the league and lose to everyone in our division. The cup is ours!