• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingswillwincup

2008 nhl free agents

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup

i just found a site with the list , thought some of you might be curious ..... http://hockeyworld.wordpress.com/2008-nhl-free-agents

here are some names with any significance

ilya bryzgalov

marian hossa

bobby holik

aaron ward

brian campbell

craig conroy

daymond langkow

cory stillman

martin lapointe

joe sakic,

andrew brunette

john-michael liles

sergei fedorov

adam foote

ron hainsey

rob blake

ladislav nagy

brad stuart

pavol demitra

brian rolston

michael ryder

cristobal huet

jean-pierre dumont,

mike comrie

ruslan fedotenko

sean avery

wade redden

gary roberts

ryan malone

dan boyle

vaclav prospal

chris gratton

mats sundin

markus naslund

olaf kolzig

restricted free agents

cory perry

kari lehtonen

dion phaneuf

tuomo ruutu

brent seabrook

marek svatos

wojtek wolski

pascal leclaire

jay bouwmeester

antoine vermette,

andrej meszaros

jeff carter

mike richards

marc-andre fleury

kyle wellwood,

alexander semin,

alexander ovechkin

depending on our goaltending situationid like to see kolzig he still plays well on a crappy caps team , imagine him here ...... and no i didnt forget about ozzie and i think bryzgalov would cost us a nice amount

adam foote

brian rolston

markus naslund ( wouldnt cost much and still has talent )

david legwand

those are the ones im interested in, who u guys like

It's not a new idea by any means but I am still from the camp that would like to see Fedorov finish his career as a Wing. On the goalie front next year I'd like to see Ozzie, Bryz, or Howard performance permitting. Of course if Dom can finsh this year in form and he wants to give it a go next year I am ok with that too.

I wouldnt object to many on the list. but there are a good chunk on that list that will end up like Freisen,O'Neil,Peca,Sopel all solid players who either didnt even get a try out. or were signed after a try out to a less than lucrative contract..

id wait for those guys. and i think some of the older guys could end up that way..

I would love John-Michael Liles, he is a great offensive defenceman. I would also love Chris Gratton he is good with his fist, but also can put up some decent numbers offencively. I know many of you will disagree with me on this one but I would like Sean Avery back in the winged wheel, There is something to be said for having an agitator like that in your line-up. I also would like Ilya Bryzgalov.

Hasek will (or at least should) move on after this season, opening up a spot for Howard -- and thus, an Ozzie-Howard tandem. Howard is being groomed for the #1 role, so, barring a complete meltdown between the pipes on the part of both Ozzie and Howard next season, we won't be seeing an outside goalie (e.g. Bryzgalov) joining the ranks. Especially when this team's biggest holes are in the top 6 and top 4. It's becoming more and more obvious -- win or lose -- how badly this team needs a big-name scoring winger and a smart, safe, big-bodied top-4 guy on the blue line. I'd say looking at the team right now, the former hole is bigger than the latter. If management doesn't plug it at the trade deadline and Hank doesn't ask for too much, I'd say give Hossa a call.

Maybe send him some chocolate too.

And a box of puppies.

I don't know why only two people have said Phaneuf. I realize we'd have to give up some sort of royalties since he's a rfa. Still though.... That guy is a force on defense. I'd rather have him than any other D guy on there.

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Forwards - Gratton, Holik

Defencemen - Foote, Blake

Wouldnt mind seeing Naslund/Sundin coming for a cheap price in hopes of a cup.

yuck, I couldn't think of 4 more washed up old guys...

I am a strong believer in youth - the younger the better. Do you think the Wings should send an offer to Phaneuf? He would be a nice replacement for Lidstrom once he moves on. Out of the forwards, Legwand may be a nice addition.

Edit - oh and i have been really impressed with Daymond Langkow. The Flames will have to part with him or Phaneuf - i'd take either.

Pascal Leclaire might be worth taking a look at - I think he could be a long term solution to goaltending in Detroit. Howard has not impressed thus far...

Edited by Yzerfan1999

Step 1: Make an offer for Kari Lehtonen. Atlanta wouldn't match (they have Pavelec).

Step 2: Get SOMEONE on his ass IMMEDIATELY to leave the Twinkies alone & get his ass in shape! SOMEONE will be able to stay on this kid & keep him going in the right direction (he's only 24 - he CAN be taught yet!)

Step 3: Have a nice day.

i want feds back, but i would like to make an offer to phaneuf, imagine that blue line if lids and cheli come back...and of course fisher rejoins the team and grgs makes the team out of camp

all of those unlikely, i dont see us making any big moves unless we lose big players...if ozzie doesnt re-sign(which he should) than we'll need a goalie otherwise i see a ozzie-howard tandum, i do want to have a consistant second line scorer such as feds just so we can keep our top line next yr

Our Guys

UFA:

Nicklas Lidstrom-give him 2 more years at $12/y

Kris Draper-He signed

Dominik Hasek-Even if he still wants to play next year don't bring him back

Chris Chelios-If he wants to play he'll be back here

Andreas Lilja-I say its 50/50 but they should bring him back

Chris Osgood-depends

Daniel Cleary-give him 2+years

Dallas Drake-probably retire

RFA:

Igor Grigorenko-he aint coming back so whatever

Valtteri Filppula, Jimmy Howard, Kyle Quincey, Jonathan Ericsson-lock them up long term (3+) while they are relatively cheap

Logan Koopmans-WHO?

Ryan Oulahen-struggling in minors I believe

Other Teams:

Sergei Fedorov-He owes us fans something for leaving like that and played for Babcock

Todd Fedoruk-one word ENFORCER

Bryan Smolinski-From Michigan, probably a little pricy though

Sean Avery-likeable tough guy that never wanted to leave Detroit

I would be fine with losing Lilja, Kopecky, or draft picks and money for the following, ignoring whether or not gaining these players is possible:

Hossa

Rolston

Langkow

Ryder

Prospal

Sundin

mats sundin

Dion Phaneuf

Any of those would bolster our blue line, or give us offense.

yuck, I couldn't think of 4 more washed up old guys...

I am a strong believer in youth - the younger the better. Do you think the Wings should send an offer to Phaneuf? He would be a nice replacement for Lidstrom once he moves on. Out of the forwards, Legwand may be a nice addition.

Gritty Washed Up Old Guys.. Get it right.

If we could get Dion, i would love it, but if we are going after a RFA, go for Ovechkin. We got young talent to replace Lids.

Gritty Washed Up Old Guys.. Get it right.

If we could get Dion, i would love it, but if we are going after a RFA, go for Ovechkin. We got young talent to replace Lids.

Bobby Holik isnt gritty by any strech of the imagination. I friggen hate that guy. The others were good choices though :P .