• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
HockeyCrazy3033

Happy Birthday Ozzie!

Rate this topic

Would we all bow our heads for a moment of silence. to thank god for giving us such a great goalie to take over for a miserable excuse of a goalie known as hasek.

p.s. happy berfday Christopher Osgood

Happy Birthday Oz!

Here's to your health, happiness, and continued success.

Thank you for being there for us in the crease and on the bench with the clipboard, and for doing it all with a smile and charm that have endeared you to Wings fans around the globe.

Thank you for the saves, big and small. Thank you for being in goal and winning us a Cup. Thank you for the memory of you fighting a certain Avs goalie. (OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE)

Thank you for putting up with us, the fans, when we try to mix you up in goalie disputes, either in your favour or not in your favour. Thank you for handling yourself with a style that combines humour and class.

Thank you for being a Red Wing, not just on your contract, but in your heart.

Happy birthday, and many more.

Edit for speelling

Edited by 55fan

Happy Birthday Oz!

Thank you for being there for us in the crease and on the bench with the clipboard, and for doing it all with a smile and charm that have endeared you to Wings fans around the globe.

Thank you for the saves, big and small. Thank you for being in goal and winning us a Cup. Thank you for the memory of you fighting a certain Avs goalie. (OZZIE OZZIE OZZIE)

Thank you for putting up with us, the fans, when we try to mix you up in goalie disputes, either in your favour or not in your favour. Thank you for handling yourself with a style that combines humour and class.

Edit for speelling

::wipes aways tears:: that was so beautiful! :D:lol:

Happy Birthday to the best goalie on the planet! To a man who has given us so many wonderful memories in a Detroit Red Wings uniform, and who will continue to do so in the future!

Just this weekend I noticed this sentence on Ozzie's player profile on NHL.com:

Note Worthy

-Made just 12 saves in recording his 44th career shutout 11/21 vs STL.

-Recorded 5-4 shootout win at CBJ 11/18.

-A 3-2 loss to Chicago (11/11) ended a 9-game win streak and 20-game streak of at least one point per game (15-0-5).

-Against CBJ (11/18), stopped 36 of 40 shots in regulation and OT (the most saves by a Wings netminder this season) and denied three of five Jackets in shootout for 5-4 Wings win.

-Stopped 26 of 27 shots and was first star in 4-1 win at Calgary (11/1), leading Wings to first-ever sweep of western Canada road swing vs. Vancouver, Edmonton and Calgary.

-Tallied an assists in both games vs. the San Jose (10/18 & 26) and is third in points scored among acive NHL goaltenders (Brodeur-28 and Hasek-19).

-Entered his 14th NHL season as one of five active goaltenders with 300 wins (Brodeur, Belfour, Joseph, Hasek).

-43 shutouts rank 5th among active netminders.

-Ranks 2nd all-time in Red WIngs' history in wins with 262.

-Would like to become a bullpen catcher for Detroit Tigers when his hockey career is over.

HAHA... classic Ozzie...

Happy Birthday Oz!

Edit for speelling

Well said... Happy Birthday to THE Chris OsGREAT

Happy Birthday Ozzie!!!!

35...Wow...You don't look a day over 20 ;)

Are you kidding? Twelve tops, fifteen with wrinkles.

No but seriously, he's got that lucky youthfulness. I want that when I'm hitting my thirties.

Okay so I don't know if this belongs in this thread but it kinda relates I guess..

My Dad works at the Detroit Medical Center and he called me up around 12 and told me that all the Wings would be there in an hour. He then told me and my bro to come down there and that he'd get passes for us. I was excited as heck because well for one it's Ozzie's b-day and I get to see him, haha and for another I get to see ALL the Wings. :)

Anywho, we got there, got our passes and just sat down on the benches they have in the main lobby and just waited. Little by little players started coming in. Everytime one of them would come in they'd look to my bro and I and say hello. It was fabulous. LOL then they'd go into the 'devolpment' room and get their jerseys on and come back out and go to visit the kids around the hospital. Ozzie, Downey, Lebs, Meech, and Malts went as a group and when Downs came out with his jersey on we were all laughing so hard. He had his pants wayy over his jersey, and up to his chest. Kinda like the Steve Urkel look. It was freaking hilarious. He did that to make the kids laugh and I just thought it was so cute and sweet.

Another funny thing was when they started leaving to go home they all left and had a cookie in their hand. Homer passes us by and my bro was like "How does that cookie taste, Tomas?" and Homer takes a bite and is like "Mmmm it melts right in your mouth" and then we all started to laugh. It was so funny. Gotta love him.

It was a great afternoon. Babs talked to my bro and I for like 10 seconds lol and after that Huds, and Kronner came by and Jiri waved and smiled at me. I nearly died. :P Of course though everytime Ozzie came by I just froze. I was just trying to get out a Happy Birthday to him, but couldn't so my brother did instead. haha you'd think I'd learn how to talk when around him by now. Geez.

Anyways, just thought I'd share that with ya'll!

Edited by HockeyCrazy3033

Ozzie, Downey, Lebs, Meech, and Malts went as a group and when Downs came out with his jersey on we were all laughing so hard. He had his pants wayy over his jersey, and up to his chest. Kinda like the Steve Urkel look. It was freaking hilarious. He did that to make the kids laugh and I just thought it was so cute and sweet.

Another funny thing was when they started leaving to go home they all left and had a cookie in their hand. Homer passes us by and my bro was like "How does that cookie taste, Tomas?" and Homer takes a bite and is like "Mmmm it melts right in your mouth" and then we all started to laugh. It was so funny. Gotta love him.

Reem... tell me that you have pictures. Or beat up a children's hospital patient to get his. :P

That's funny though. And I can imagine Homer responding just like that too, thanks for posting the story! It's just cool to read.