• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

11/27 GDT: Red Wings 5, Flames 3

Rate this topic

well said marcus. I don't see how hudler standing up to Dion is a joke or its as if he deserved what he got. If anything it took courage and a nice set of you know what to stand up to someone atleast 5 inches taller who weighs much more than you do.

To call hudler a whiny ***** and saying he had it coming is ridiculous. You know why hudler did that? Cause he knows there are actually people on this team that will stand up for him now. And that in my book is A-ok

Ummm....yeah..... Babcock is. Which is the same guy who said it will be Dom in the playoffs. ;)

Gah... he did that s*** again? Didn't he learn anything with manny... calling the PO starter so early

LOL you are playing WORSE but hell we will give you the nod... NO NO don't improve you are fine you have the Playoff starter position lol no wonder we suck every year after April 8th. :rolleyes:

Ummm....yeah..... Babcock is. Which is the same guy who said it will be Dom in the playoffs. ;)

Oh dude.. you're forgetting something... this isn't EAS Sports' NHL 08.

this is real hockey !

So Ozzie lets in three and that's that for a good goaltender ?

It doesn't work that way.

Every noticed that most, by us considered as great, goaltenders finish the 82-game season with a GAA above 2.00.

That's because besides all those shutouts and all those 1 / 2 GAA games, they have games with 3, 4 even 5 goals against.

Check out it this season:

Martin Brodeu: 3 x 3 GAA, 3 X 4 GAA, 2 x 5 GAA

Mika Kiprusoff: 7 x 3 GAA, 7 x 4 GAA, 0 x 5 GAA

Roberto Luongo: 8 x 3 GAA, 3 x 4 GAA, 0 x 5 GAA

Chris Osgood: 2 x 3 GAA, 1 x 4 GAA

So all things considered, Ozzie is really not doing that bad.

Sorry to wake you up from your fantasy game..

[edit: spelling]

Edited by interminded

LOL you are playing WORSE but hell we will give you the nod... NO NO don't improve you are fine you have the Playoff starter position lol no wonder we suck every year after April 8th. :rolleyes:

We sucked last year? News to me.

I have zero idea why anyone was calling Hudler out for facewashing Dion and talking at him though. You people want toughness and backbone and then say that the smallest guy on our roster should sit down and shut up. Well, fantastic. Really hope that works for you.

I disagree on it being very courageous of Hudler though. To an extent it takes balls for him to do that, but at the same time I think anybody on the ice (or off) knows it'd be ridiculous for Dion to seriously throw down with him, so there aren't any real immediate consequences - beside maybe a one-punch fat lip or black eye.

Or, non-immediately, an open ice hit later.

Great game. Datsyuk is tha man.

Phooneuf's hit was way late. Lilja gets A+ for guts, C- for fighting skillz.

He could use some boxing practice in the off-season.

Wings win by dominating one (2nd) period over a very motivated and physical Calgary team.

Osgood played well.

Now lets do something like this to Chicago, Nashville, and the rest of the Central division.

if "way late" is like 1/4 of a second i agree

Hey its probably good it ended fast though for the Pain Train, he couldve ended up getting knocked on his caboose in that one!

When have you ever seen the "PAIN TRAIN" get knocked on his caboose? The Gauthier fight doesn't count, since he wasn't ready, plus he wasn't the "PAIN TRAIN" back then. Phaneuf got lucky Lilja didn't hit him when he was down, though I would have.

When have you ever seen the "PAIN TRAIN" get knocked on his caboose? The Gauthier fight doesn't count, since he wasn't ready, plus he wasn't the "PAIN TRAIN" back then. Phaneuf got lucky Lilja didn't hit him when he was down, though I would have.

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

Are you being sarcastic? I can't tell.

I'm just excited. Like I posted yesterday, I've been waiting all year for the 'PAIN TRAIN" to drop the gloves. I thought Phaneuf went down a little too easily, though, so I didn't get to see what I wanted, which was Phaneuf's blood. Oh well, I guess we'll wait till the next game between the 2 teams to see that.

I'm just excited. Like I posted yesterday, I've been waiting all year for the 'PAIN TRAIN" to drop the gloves. I thought Phaneuf went down a little too easily, though, so I didn't get to see what I wanted, which was Phaneuf's blood. Oh well, I guess we'll wait till the next game between the 2 teams to see that.

The reason I asked is because I find it hard to believe that Lilja wouldn't have been crushed given that the fight lasted more than a few seconds. However, the fact that he stood up to Phanuef for Hudler's sake speaks volumes about him.

Good job Lilja! :thumbup:

Edit: Spelling

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

We sucked last year? News to me.

I was namely talking about the year he named DOWNWARD spiriling Manny starter in Jan/Feb... cause he was gods gift to hockey in October...

But babs is stubborn and this is to be expected.

So why not name Dom the starter in the playoffs this year... He will be a 2007-2008 all-star after all :rolleyes:

Personally i say quit naming the starter 4 months early and go with who is winning at the time when they actually start.

Edited by OsGOD

Saw the hit on huds. It Looked a little dirty.

I looked at some replays.. he definitely shifted his weight high into it.

It wasn't dirty though, although I do wish we had somebody who could seriously smoke him after. Lilja was the necessary guy to stand up but somebody who intimidates would be even better.

I looked at some replays.. he definitely shifted his weight high into it.

It wasn't dirty though, although I do wish we had somebody who could seriously smoke him after. Lilja was the necessary guy to stand up but somebody who intimidates would be even better.

Fan-oof is like Pronger. He can't help it if he's taller than Jiri, especially when he jumps a little. :P

Good for Lilja, at least he made the effort!

Phaneuf's hit wasn't especially dirty. Hudler had it coming, and he was a fool for keeping his head down late in the game.

Question: When you say he had it coming do you mean

Hudler should have been expecting it after facewashing/punching Dion

or

Hudler should have been expecting it because he didn't "know his role"

He probably learned it. We'll see.

I definitely think he earned himself that hit for playing like he did, but saying he deserved it because he's 5'8" is just as stupid as all the people eager to rip Ozzie or Dom apart. It doesn't surprise me, but it does make me wish they'd go find a hole somewhere.

Hudler got caught admiring his pass a little bit. I'm not one of those guys who justifies every hard hit by saying "he should've kept his head up," but he does need to have his head on a swivel when he's making a play through the neutral zone like that.

If Scott Stevens were making that hit, he likely would've killed him.

For the record, the first thing i thought of when Lilja's gloves hit the ice was you! I was thinking in my head "holy s*** theres GMRs' enforcer actuallly enforcing!! lol i love it! I do agree, he shouldve hit him when we was down. Lou Siffer's hockey rule 13b dictates - "continually pound downed opponent if you've landed nothing prior to him being downed."