• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingslogo19

Redskins' Taylor dies of gunshot wound

Rate this topic

http://www.tsn.ca/nfl/news_story/?ID=223755&hubname=

This is a sad story.. Sean was such a great young talent and will be missed on and off the field by his team mates, coaching staff, his family, gf, and his little kid. He was starting to turn his life around off the field when his little kid was born.. RIP Sean Taylor

Why would someone want to kill him?

Im sure he probaly is involved in something that he shouldnt of been involved in..

Nonethe less its a loss for the NFL,Redskins and the people who mean the most to him his family. sucks that it happend. but people dont just get shot outta no where, something in his life led up to this event.

such a sad news story. Here is a guy that comes out of "the U", and has all the signs that the "thugs" that come outta "the U" show. He really impressed me last 2 seasons in that he has matured a ton and been a qualify NFL player. So sad to see his life cut so short. He will be missed.

Similar thing happened in Denver this year - New Years Eve to be specific - Bronoco's corner Darrant Williams was murdered when his limo was gunned down by some gang members.

First of all, nobody deserves to have their life ended needlessly this way. However, these guys need to learn to leave the bad crowd behind them when they move onto the NFL. The fellow here was at a party in which there were gang members present - and there was a "disagreement" earlier. You have to just NOT go to parties where these bad characters hang out - and not associate with those people AT ALL - even if they used to be your so-called friends.

NFL players have enough money to move out of the ghetto and leave that life behind - hopefully this will help others think about this. It's just sad that this guy had to die because he wouldn't leave his Miami roots behind - and that his family was put in danger because they were still there.

This all may sound harsh, but I really have a thing against the whole "gangster" mentality. And I don't think law enforcement is tough enough on these losers - they just released the key witness in the Denver case - they should have kept here in jail forever until she agreed to testify - makes me sick.

Now this felllow Taylor won't even get a chance to mature and move on with his life.

Similar thing happened in Denver this year - New Years Eve to be specific - Bronoco's corner Darrant Williams was murdered when his limo was gunned down by some gang members.

First of all, nobody deserves to have their life ended needlessly this way. However, these guys need to learn to leave the bad crowd behind them when they move onto the NFL. The fellow here was at a party in which there were gang members present - and there was a "disagreement" earlier. You have to just NOT go to parties where these bad characters hang out - and not associate with those people AT ALL - even if they used to be your so-called friends.

NFL players have enough money to move out of the ghetto and leave that life behind - hopefully this will help others think about this. It's just sad that this guy had to die because he wouldn't leave his Miami roots behind - and that his family was put in danger because they were still there.

This all may sound harsh, but I really have a thing against the whole "gangster" mentality. And I don't think law enforcement is tough enough on these losers - they just released the key witness in the Denver case - they should have kept here in jail forever until she agreed to testify - makes me sick.

Now this felllow Taylor won't even get a chance to mature and move on with his life.

While I agree with you that they need to lose the whole "gangster" mentality, it is probably easier said then done.

Most of these players have very poor upbringings. They are surrounded early by thugs, just interested in riding these players coattails to their paycheck. When they reach professional status, they are nothing more than a kid who was given his first allowance. They spend the money and/or do stupid stuff with it, that its very rare that they ever lose that past.

The thing i don't get is, that who ever shot Taylor could of easily shot his gf as well since they were in the bedroom together. Thank god they didn't.. The only reason Taylor was at his Miami home was because he had a injury and coaching staff allowed him to stay there, rather that travelling with the team.. This is really a sad story, and the fact that the police have pretty much no idea who killed him.. Its really sad it really is

While I agree with you that they need to lose the whole "gangster" mentality, it is probably easier said then done.

Most of these players have very poor upbringings. They are surrounded early by thugs, just interested in riding these players coattails to their paycheck. When they reach professional status, they are nothing more than a kid who was given his first allowance. They spend the money and/or do stupid stuff with it, that its very rare that they ever lose that past.

Of course it's hard. However, it would be much easier for these professional athletes to do it, solely because of their paychecks. Many of the people left in the ghetto would have a much harder time ditching their past. Yes it's hard to tell bad influences to get lost once you move on, but they need to start doing it before more things like this happen. I know it's easy for us to sit here and judge, but these guys are grown men that need to start taking responsibility for themselves and their families - they can do it!

From what I have read/heard, this sounds like some person returning to the scene of the crime (remember, Sean's home was broken in a few days prior, so it's possible the same person came back for more). Sean heard something, grabbed a machete (since he cannot legally own a gun due to a prior gun offense), and went to see what the issue was. Two shots were fired, one got Sean in the leg and the other hit a wall. The bullet damage the femoral artery, the majory vessel in the leg. He probably lost so much blood before he got treatment that his body went into severe shock, which, sadly, he never recovered.

I think the thug was surprised that someone was in the house and fired his weapon. I hope that they find the lowlife and prosecute him/her to the fullest extent of the law. RIP Sean, you finally started turning your life around and this happens :(

Edited by commadore183

Guest jaytan

Why would someone want to kill him?

Why wouldn't someone want to kill him, or at least attempt to rob him?

For starters, he's rich and NFL athletes tend to have plenty to steal. It's the middle of the season, so it would be reasonable to assume the guy wouldn't even be home.

But add on to that the fact that the guy was a total dick by all accounts, and a thug with a rap sheet to boot, and this shouldn't have surprised anyone. He was probably killed because he wronged somebody else at some point in the past or owed someone money or something. It's his fault for being so stupid that he would stay in that house when he knew it was targeted and he'd been told to stay away from South Florida for his own safety.

From what I have read/heard, this sounds like some person returning to the scene of the crime (remember, Sean's home was broken in a few days prior, so it's possible the same person came back for more). Sean heard something, grabbed a machete (since he cannot legally own a gun due to a prior gun offense), and went to see what the issue was. Two shots were fired, one got Sean in the leg and the other hit a wall. The bullet damage the femoral artery, the majory vessel in the leg. He probably lost so much blood before he got treatment that his body went into severe shock, which, sadly, he never recovered.

I think the thug was surprised that someone was in the house and fired his weapon. I hope that they find the lowlife and prosecute him/her to the fullest extent of the law. RIP Sean, you finally started turning your life around and this happens :(

It's not that simple.

From the report I read, it was like this:

In the first break in, NOTHING WAS TAKEN, and a butcher knife was left on Taylor's bed.

In the second break-in, NOTHING WAS TAKEN, and Taylor was shot and killed.

That sounds much more like a targeted killing than a robbery with a shooting.

Why wouldn't someone want to kill him, or at least attempt to rob him?

For starters, he's rich and NFL athletes tend to have plenty to steal. It's the middle of the season, so it would be reasonable to assume the guy wouldn't even be home.

But add on to that the fact that the guy was a total dick by all accounts, and a thug with a rap sheet to boot, and this shouldn't have surprised anyone. He was probably killed because he wronged somebody else at some point in the past or owed someone money or something. It's his fault for being so stupid that he would stay in that house when he knew it was targeted and he'd been told to stay away from South Florida for his own safety.

Well I don't think its a good reason to just shoot someone dead. And Sean was turning his life around after his child was born. so you saying that he was a dick, i don't know how you know that. But yeah he had in the past done things that were bad. but NO ONE deserves to die IMO

Guest jaytan

NO ONE deserves to die IMO

It's the price we've all got to pay for being born in the first place.

It's the price we've all got to pay for being born in the first place.

not at the hands of another person, unless youre in the army and head out to war, fully knowing its a possibility

What did taylor do to merit it? Working hard and making something of himself in the NFL?

Guest jaytan

No. He probably crossed someone or made an enemy or two. And it's not like he didn't know he was a marked man down there. It's already been reported that his friends from Miami have been warning him for three years that he should avoid the area. He was known for getting involved in violent altercations (including one which resulted in him getting his vehicle sprayed with bullets) and run-ins with the law, and even on the field he got himself into trouble with the garbage like spitting in other players' faces.

Whether he cleaned his life up or not in recent months is irrelevant. If he had any sense he would have done what was necessary to protect himself and his family - especially after receiving such a clear warning as having his home broken into with nothing stolen and a knife left in his bed. What kind of fool would stay in that home afterward - with his fiance and infant child - and think sleeping with a machete by your bed is a decent security plan.

No. He probably crossed someone or made an enemy or two. And it's not like he didn't know he was a marked man down there. It's already been reported that his friends from Miami have been warning him for three years that he should avoid the area. He was known for getting involved in violent altercations (including one which resulted in him getting his vehicle sprayed with bullets) and run-ins with the law, and even on the field he got himself into trouble with the garbage like spitting in other players' faces.

Whether he cleaned his life up or not in recent months is irrelevant. If he had any sense he would have done what was necessary to protect himself and his family - especially after receiving such a clear warning as having his home broken into with nothing stolen and a knife left in his bed. What kind of fool would stay in that home afterward - with his fiance and infant child - and think sleeping with a machete by your bed is a decent security plan.

That's because by court orders he isn't allowed to have a gun

Guest jaytan

Which only adds more to the argument that he had this coming.

It's not difficult for a guy making that kind of money to stay out of his hometown and maybe rent a nice condo in Virginia or something.

Another thing that I forgot to point out is that the assailant apparently shot him in the genital region. That, to me, sounds like somebody was sending a really personal message. Maybe he was doing some guy's wife or something.

Which only adds more to the argument that he had this coming.

It's not difficult for a guy making that kind of money to stay out of his hometown and maybe rent a nice condo in Virginia or something.

Another thing that I forgot to point out is that the assailant apparently shot him in the genital region. That, to me, sounds like somebody was sending a really personal message. Maybe he was doing some guy's wife or something.

Hey got shot in the leg, and it hit a main artery.. Pretty much lost so much blood that his body could not recover.

But here's another good article

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/foot...r.ap/index.html

That's because by court orders he isn't allowed to have a gun

For good reason. He threatened someone's life with a gun during an altercation and then pistol-whipped him with the gun - most guys would have done at least a little time for this, but he probably got off on probation on account of his NFL influence.

Above poster said "he was turning his life around". This is just a euphanism for "he hasn't gotten into trouble for awhile". None of us will really ever know for sure. The fact that he was still hanging onto his house in a bad neighborhood instead of moving his child and himself to a safer area (maybe move up to D.C. where he worked) makes me kind of skeptical about the "turning around". In the end, it's just sad that these guys choose to live these kinds of lifestyles.

The likelihood of finding the thug shooter is pretty low too - they STILL haven't arrested anyone in Denver 11 months after one of their players was gunned down here most liikely by a gang member - total ineptness of the justice system.

For good reason. He threatened someone's life with a gun during an altercation and then pistol-whipped him with the gun - most guys would have done at least a little time for this, but he probably got off on probation on account of his NFL influence.

Above poster said "he was turning his life around". This is just a euphanism for "he hasn't gotten into trouble for awhile". None of us will really ever know for sure. The fact that he was still hanging onto his house in a bad neighborhood instead of moving his child and himself to a safer area (maybe move up to D.C. where he worked) makes me kind of skeptical about the "turning around". In the end, it's just sad that these guys choose to live these kinds of lifestyles.

The likelihood of finding the thug shooter is pretty low too - they STILL haven't arrested anyone in Denver 11 months after one of their players was gunned down here most liikely by a gang member - total ineptness of the justice system.

A good example, is that college football and basketball players lived in the "ghetto" then go to the show and have all that money and they get greedy with it and flaunt it around the wrong people sometimes.. I think they just need to let go of there past, which is easier said than done.

And like i posted before, the only reason why he was at his Miami house was because he was injured and had coach permission to not be with the team..

A good example, is that college football and basketball players lived in the "ghetto" then go to the show and have all that money and they get greedy with it and flaunt it around the wrong people sometimes.. I think they just need to let go of there past, which is easier said than done.

And like i posted before, the only reason why he was at his Miami house was because he was injured and had coach permission to not be with the team..

The fact that he was still hanging onto his house in a bad neighborhood instead of moving his child and himself to a safer area (maybe move up to D.C. where he worked) makes me kind of skeptical about the "turning around".

His house was broken into a few days ago prior to the shooting and someone left a knife on the bed. DC ain't exactly a safe area either. I have been to the Miami area, some of it is fine, some of it is not fine. Same as it is in any major city.

Guest jaytan

Kinda makes me want to get into the armed robbery business.

Guest DetroitIan

Looks like it wasnt an arm robbery afterall. From what I've been reading, Taylor was stalked by a frickin killer. Who broke into Sean's house a week before that and put a knife on his pillow. Pretty f*cked up right there. I hope they catch this bastard.