• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barrie

Dressing up like Steve Yzerman

Rate this topic

Apologies if this is in the wrong Discussion Board, but I just wanted to let everyone know...

Every year I go to these Christmas Banquets where there's a thyme, and we're susposed to dress up like something. It's more or less like a Halloween party, but my friends and I are a little mixed up sometimes :blush:. Some of our past thymes were, "Christmas in NY", "Christmas at the Oscars", "Christmas in the 80's", etc.. This year it's dress up like a Superhero.

I was thinking, Steve Yzerman's 2002 Playoffs Performance was something only a Superhero could do. Sooo, I've decided I'm going to go as "The Captain" and wear my Yzerman jersey with the 2002 Stanley Cup Cap. Instead of wearing full Hockey gear, which would be cool, I'm going to wear a knee brace over my jeans, and have crutches. I'll show up as Yzerman in the summer of 2002 after his 3rd Stanley Cup Championship, and major knee surgery.

As mentioned, only a Superhero or Steve Yzerman could do what he did in 2002. The Banquet is in 3 weeks, I'll post a few pics of myself on here.

Actually funny story, I've never had crutches before or major knee problems (knock on wood), so I'm going to have to borrow a knee brace and crutches. I have a knee brace lined up, but not crutches. I did have crutches lined up, but when my friend, who will be there, said I could use his, who's a Leaf fan, found out I was going to be Yzerman refused to let me borrow them after saying "yes". :lol:

Oh, so far I know, one guy is dressing up like Duff Man, another John Cena. Not sure yet what some of the girls are going as.

I've been looking for an excuse to dress up as Yzerman. I was thinking of Halloween, but didn't go to a party. I was invited, but passed.

I think going with a bum and surgically repaired right knee makes it funny, instead of just wearing all the hockey gear, which will get to hot and smelly anyway.

Screw the crutches boss..just carry 3 stanley cups over your head!!! :siren::siren::siren:

I was thinking of bringing the Cup. I'd probably have to make one.

Haha, maybe I can have people drink out of it. It could be like it was Yzerman's day with the Cup.

I would put 10 inches worth of tape around your knee rather than the kneebrace. That would be funny.

Almost like a lockerroom repair. Tape up the injury, and get back out on the ice.

Don't forget to blacken-out a few of your front teeth...Even Stevie lost a few of his chicklets during his storied career :hockeysmile:

Ah nice, didn't think of that.

Apologies if this is in the wrong Discussion Board, but I just wanted to let everyone know...

Every year I go to these Christmas Banquets where there's a thyme, and we're susposed to dress up like something. It's more or less like a Halloween party, but my friends and I are a little mixed up sometimes :blush:. Some of our past thymes were, "Christmas in NY", "Christmas at the Oscars", "Christmas in the 80's", etc.. This year it's dress up like a Superhero.

I was thinking, Steve Yzerman's 2002 Playoffs Performance was something only a Superhero could do. Sooo, I've decided I'm going to go as "The Captain" and wear my Yzerman jersey with the 2002 Stanley Cup Cap. Instead of wearing full Hockey gear, which would be cool, I'm going to wear a knee brace over my jeans, and have crutches. I'll show up as Yzerman in the summer of 2002 after his 3rd Stanley Cup Championship, and major knee surgery.

As mentioned, only a Superhero or Steve Yzerman could do what he did in 2002. The Banquet is in 3 weeks, I'll post a few pics of myself on here.

Actually funny story, I've never had crutches before or major knee problems (knock on wood), so I'm going to have to borrow a knee brace and crutches. I have a knee brace lined up, but not crutches. I did have crutches lined up, but when my friend, who will be there, said I could use his, who's a Leaf fan, found out I was going to be Yzerman refused to let me borrow them after saying "yes". :lol:

Oh, so far I know, one guy is dressing up like Duff Man, another John Cena. Not sure yet what some of the girls are going as.

No eye dye for extra dramatic effects? :lol:

IPB Image

No eye dye for extra dramatic effects? :lol:

IPB Image

People will think I crashed my car on the way over if I show up with crutches, kneebrace, and a red eye. The entire night I'll be explaining to everyone, "No, I'm fine!".