• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
3dominikhasek9

Hartigan Called Up

Rate this topic

HARTIGAN HEADS TO DETROIT

GRAND RAPIDS, Mich. – Grand Rapids Griffins center Mark Hartigan was recalled by the Detroit Red Wings on Thursday.

First on the Griffins and tied for fourth in the AHL with 11 goals, Hartigan leads the club with five power play goals and is tied for second with 17 points through 20 games. The Lethbridge, Alberta, native has appeared in 79 career NHL contests with Atlanta, Columbus and Anaheim, totaling 26 points (16-10â€â€26).

Hartigan will be available to play tonight when the Red Wings host the Tampa Bay Lightning at 7:30 p.m. on FSN Detroit.

didnt see it posted and if it is sorry mgith have overlooked it

Downey better still be in the line-up. There is no reason why he should have to sit for Hartigan. In no way does Hartigan bring nearly as much influence to this team as Downey can.

EDIT: Looks like Downey is still in because of Maltby being out tonight...

Lines from this morning's skate ...

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Holmstrom

Hudler-Filppula-Samuelsson

Drake-Franzen-Cleary

Kopecky-Hartigan-Downey

From RedWingsCorner

Edited by WhiteLightning91

Downey better still be in the line-up. There is no reason why he should have to sit for Hartigan. In no way does Hartigan bring nearly as much influence to this team as Downey can.

Drake-Franzen-Cleary

Kopecky-Hartigan-Downey

From RedWingsCorner

If I remember right Kopecky is hurting also so he might be the next in line to sit as well.

I liked what I saw from him in the pre-season. I think he'll fit in well.

Let's hope he doesn't play too well (tongue in cheek) in his 4 mins per game because he has to clear waivers in a week when he gets sent down and then the Griffs (who do need him) could end up losing him. Not sure I agree with the risk in pulling Hartigan up given you just need someone to play even for 3-5 minutes a game. Could of brought up one of the kids who doesn't have to clear waivers for that.

Edited by FromAway

Drake-Franzen-Cleary

Kopecky-Hartigan-Downey

From RedWingsCorner

Why is Hartigan in ahead of Ellis? Is Ellis hurt or something?

Why is Hartigan in ahead of Ellis? Is Ellis hurt or something?

Ellis is still not practicing because of "headaches" after the Tootoo elbow he recieved in last weeks game against Nashville.

It sounds like he got a concussion to me but for some reason Babcock keeps referring to it as "headaches." How bad of a "headache" can it be if he has been out for a week now???

From MLive:

"Matt Ellis (headaches) skated before practice Wednesday and Babcock said he should be ready to play after the weekend."

Edited by WhiteLightning91

It's a reward relationship. He's tearing it up in the AHL, so he earns the call. If some other team steals him and he ends up on an NHL roster full-time on somebody else's pocket, so be it.

I understand the reward aspect of this and don't disagree BUT if he is "tearing it up" in the AHL and has a future with the DRW why would we want to lose him for the sake of a weeks worth of games. Talk to him, explain you would have brought him up but and encourage him to keep teaching the kids in GR how they need to work.

I just think it's a questionable call IMHO. If he clears waivers and goes back down no one cares but if he gets picked up it will impact your team and your young prospects in GR.

It's a reward relationship. He's tearing it up in the AHL, so he earns the call. If some other team steals him and he ends up on an NHL roster full-time on somebody else's pocket, so be it.

Agreed.

He's 30 years old and spent the majority of his career in the AHL, and is a UFA at the end of the season anyway. We're not talking about some young prospect for the Wings.

If some other team grabs him off waivers, good for him.

Edited by haroldsnepsts

A very temporary replacement who should do his job ok but with no real potential.

Agreed.

He's 30 years old and spent the majority of his career in the AHL, and is a UFA at the end of the season anyway. We're not talking about some young prospect for the Wings.

If some other team grabs him off waivers, good for him.

Ditto.