• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingswillwincup

Christofer Löfberg

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup

i still remember how we use to praise the guy about his talent and couldnt understand why they didnt take the chance and sign the guy considering he seemed really good from what i read and since money wouldnt be much of an object to us so i decided to go see how he's doing .... .http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?player=1299

2007-2008 Rögle Allsvenskan 19 12 9 21

yes its the not the swedish elite league and the 2nd tier league but still man 12 goals and 21 pts in 19 games is really impressive , i think we might regret it down the road ..... can we sign him right now if we wanted to ???

he's 21 6'3 194 pds , i really would LOVE to see him back as a wings project hes got alot of things going for him

It sure is a good thing that we drafted him over TJ Hensick.

I want to say that Holland told him that they wouldn't be opposed to taking another look at him in the future, once he got his s*** together. But I don't have a link to back that up.

I'm not sure how similar the Allsvenskan league is to the J20 league (all I know is they're both second tier leagues and not the Swedish Elite League), but to give his numbers a little context, Carl Hagelin, who is a freshman at MIchigan and was a 6th round pick of the Rangers had 25-36--61in 43 games including playoffs last year.

Maybe the light went on for Lofberg but I doubt we're missing out on much. I can't imagine they would've let him go if they thought there was any shot he would turn into a productive player down the road.

Guest wingswillwincup

I want to say that Holland told him that they wouldn't be opposed to taking another look at him in the future, once he got his s*** together. But I don't have a link to back that up.

I'm not sure how similar the Allsvenskan league is to the J20 league (all I know is they're both second tier leagues and not the Swedish Elite League), but to give his numbers a little context, Carl Hagelin, who is a freshman at MIchigan and was a 6th round pick of the Rangers had 25-36--61in 43 games including playoffs last year.

Maybe the light went on for Lofberg but I doubt we're missing out on much. I can't imagine they would've let him go if they thought there was any shot he would turn into a productive player down the road.

our scout anderson thought he had loads of potential for some reason though he didnt produce last season in the swedish elite league , lets not forget though the kid just turned 21 so hes still got lots of developing to do i just dont see with the way hes played this year even if its not the swedish elite league and the fact that hes just 21 and we got tons of cash to spend then why not sign him?

Was Carl Hagelin playing in J20? Because there is a big difference between the second tier league and J20 here in sweden, the second tier league being on a higher level, thats for sure. Much togher and more competetive, and most importantly, teams are much better defensively in the second tier league. For a young guy, thats pretty good numbers (Rögle is one of the top 3 clubs)..

Was Carl Hagelin playing in J20? Because there is a big difference between the second tier league and J20 here in sweden, the second tier league being on a higher level, thats for sure. Much togher and more competetive, and most importantly, teams are much better defensively in the second tier league. For a young guy, thats pretty good numbers (Rögle is one of the top 3 clubs)..

Yeah, Hagelin was in J20.

I wouldn't have a problem with them giving Lofberg another look--after all, it's not my money. But I just can't see the Wings relinquishing the rights to someone that they thought could end up being a pretty good player.

Guest wingswillwincup

Yeah, Hagelin was in J20.

I wouldn't have a problem with them giving Lofberg another look--after all, it's not my money. But I just can't see the Wings relinquishing the rights to someone that they thought could end up being a pretty good player.

its cuz he had a bad season in the swedish elite league , 4 assists in 34 games , that being said he just turned 21 almost 2 months ago , they did say if he started to play good again theyd take a look at him but why take the chance of someome else signing him?? hes still young with lots of talent , whos to say if he came to grand rapids he wouldnt play well and be one step closer ?? Anyways with all the money the wings have i dont think it would be a big deal to sign someone with alot of potential who anderson praised , they signed ritola even though hes been defined as a slacker with lots of talent

family illness apparently had something to do with his poor play , should of resigned him , found this old article ............

Prospects Watch

Lofberg, former third-round pick, 'off the charts' in Sweden ...

By Matthew Wuest - www.RedWingsCentral.com

January 15, 2007

Two years ago, the Detroit Red Wings had high hopes for Christofer Lofberg. Now, they will likely relinquish his rights at season’s end.

Lofberg, drafted 80th overall in 2005, has been dealing with an illness in his family this season and his on-ice play has suffered as a result. The 6-foot-3, 194-pound center has struggled to keep his heart in the game and has just four assists in 26 games with Djurgarden of the Swedish Elite League.

“He’s basically been off the charts,” said Red Wings director of European scouting Hakan Andersson. “If he wants to take a practice off or even a game off (to be with his family), he can. He just hasn’t had a good year hockey-wise but if he wants to focus on his family, I can’t say anything about it.”

In his draft year, Lofberg posted stats in Sweden’s under-20 league that compared to those of Anze Kopitar, now a heralded rookie with the Los Angeles Kings. The Red Wings considered Lofberg a home-run pick and Andersson ranked him one of the top Europeans in the draft.

Andersson described Lofberg’s skating ability as just shy of five points on a five-point scale and said his skill level wasn’t far behind.

Lofberg, who has two goals and four assists in 70 games at the Swedish Elite League level, has never made a junior national team, and his chances of signing with the Red Wings by the June 1 deadline are fading.

“The way it is now, probably not,” said Andersson. “Sometimes it’s nobody’s fault, it’s just the circumstances. This might be a perfect example. I can’t blame Christofer if hockey’s not No. 1 for him right now.”

If Lofberg re-enters the draft and isn’t selected, the Red Wings could always sign him as a free agent if he eventually reaches his potential.

“If we don’t sign him, I will talk to him and say, ‘If your grief is over a year from now, we will be watching you,’” said Andersson, who shares the same home town as Lofberg. “Without a doubt.”

In his draft year, Lofberg posted stats in Sweden’s under-20 league that compared to those of Anze Kopitar, now a heralded rookie with the Los Angeles Kings. The Red Wings considered Lofberg a home-run pick and Andersson ranked him one of the top Europeans in the draft.

Andersson described Lofberg’s skating ability as just shy of five points on a five-point scale and said his skill level wasn’t far behind.

compared to kopitar and 5 on 5 skating and you let him go but sign lazy but talented ritola??? I dont get that one

Edited by wingswillwincup

Guest wingswillwincup

http://www.eliteprospects.com/player.php?p...299〈=en

hes still doing good now hes got 14 goals and 11 assists for 25 pts in 25 games , he just turned 21 last october , i know hes in the 2nd level and not the swedish elite league but i think hes got way too much talent not to sign him to a 2-3 yr deal before someone else might take a chance , hes got way too good to pass on and hes 6'3 almost 200 pds , we dont have many of those

if anyone knows someone who knows kenny pass on the message! ..... sign loftberg !! lol

Edited by wingswillwincup