• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Aussie_Wing

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Huds needs to learn how to slip into the open spots on the ice like Hull use to. Babs needs to let this guy play some more minutes or come April ZDH is going to be gassed.

That's exactly Hudler's game. His goal last night is a perfect example of what Hudler's role will be on this team. He snuck into an opening on the backside of the play for an easy redirect.

I'd actually say that's one of Filppula's biggest strengths. Once he has the puck it's awfully hard to remove it from him. Ah I'm talking about Flip again. :lol:

Ah i agree that he is a great stick handler. You don't see many that are as good as Datysuk, Zetterberg, Flip, and Hudler but the later 2 aren't nearly as strong on the puck. They get knocked off the puck much easier.

Well, if you're ever going to package off Hudler in a deal for a legit 2nd liner...now is probably the time as his value is going back up from where it was. Gotta sell when high.

I'm not sure if you've realized this or not, but Hudler is a legit 2nd liner. He's young, talented, cheap, and has more potential than what he's showing even now. Unless you get a younger, better, cheaper player with more potential you don't trade the guy you already have.

Hudler still seems to be everyone's trade bait, when he's shown a hell of a lot more this year than Franzen, Samuelsson and Filpulla...

if we trade him before he hits his prime i'll be officially "PISSED RIGHT OFF", but i don't honestly believe Ken Holland would be stupid enough to do that, unless Huds took a serious downturn.

Edited by Cicada

Hudler still seems to be everyone's trade bait, when he's shown a hell of a lot more this year than Franzen, Samuelsson and Filpulla...

if we trade him before he hits his prime i'll be officially "PISSED RIGHT OFF", but i don't honestly believe Ken Holland would be stupid enough to do that, unless Huds took a serious downturn.

I agree about his performance, but that's also what will make him better trade bait.

I'm not saying we should, just that his playing well means the Wings could actually get something for him.

I'm not sure if you've realized this or not, but Hudler is a legit 2nd liner. He's young, talented, cheap, and has more potential than what he's showing even now. Unless you get a younger, better, cheaper player with more potential you don't trade the guy you already have.

I always forget how young Hoodlum is, because I've heard his name for a few years now.

I don't know that he's a legit 2nd liner quite yet. He does show promise, but I could still see Holland pulling the trigger on someone like Hudler if it brought in a big enough name. He might be wiling to trade a bit of the future to take a serious shot at the Cup this year.

Or we could just keep Hudler considering that combination of Filpulla-Hudler-Cleary is a great second line. We've been waiting all season for a good second line, and now it's finally gotten cobbled together in a way that works. We know Hudler needs ice time. We know Cleary makes things happen almost every shift and can fight through a lot, and we know Filpulla makes things happen if he plays with the right people. I really think that line should stay together, as they make something happen every time they're on the ice.

No, he isnt. Maybe on a bad club, yes, but Hudler ultimately doesnt fit here in my eyes given our makeup. This team needs a bigger winger on the 2nd line. This isnt directed at you because i know you've always been pro-Hudler, but all it will take is a 3 week stretch of him not scoring and everyone will be saying trade him again. Just like Kronwall, right now everyone constantly offers him up in trade proposals. If he scored a couple goals, everything would change and no one would want to get rid of him! Everyone wants to trade off guys when their trade value is at their lowest...i cant stand that. If Hudler proves me wrong and scores a bunch this year...then hey i was wrong. But i think we should deal him..

Or we could just keep Hudler considering that combination of Filpulla-Hudler-Cleary is a great second line. We've been waiting all season for a good second line, and now it's finally gotten cobbled together in a way that works. We know Hudler needs ice time. We know Cleary makes things happen almost every shift and can fight through a lot, and we know Filpulla makes things happen if he plays with the right people. I really think that line should stay together, as they make something happen every time they're on the ice.

i may be mad, but i was under the impression that we've been playing Huds/Flip/Sammy recenty, not Cleary who's been with Maltby/Draper and now Franzen?

No, he isnt. Maybe on a bad club, yes, but Hudler ultimately doesnt fit here in my eyes given our makeup. This team needs a bigger winger on the 2nd line. This isnt directed at you because i know you've always been pro-Hudler, but all it will take is a 3 week stretch of him not scoring and everyone will be saying trade him again. Just like Kronwall, right now everyone constantly offers him up in trade proposals. If he scored a couple goals, everything would change and no one would want to get rid of him! Everyone wants to trade off guys when their trade value is at their lowest...i cant stand that. If Hudler proves me wrong and scores a bunch this year...then hey i was wrong. But i think we should deal him..

He'd be a first liner on bad teams. He'd also be on a lot of other teams' first PP unit. He's a point/game player in the making. Bank on it.

He'd be a first liner on bad teams. He'd also be on a lot of other teams' first PP unit. He's a point/game player in the making. Bank on it.

I agree with this. But I agree with what Lou says as well. Detroit needs a power forward type on that 2nd line.

But I'd like to see this next year:

Hudler - Filpulla - Big Scoring Winger

Then you and Lou would both be happy. :P

I agree with this. But I agree with what Lou says as well. Detroit needs a power forward type on that 2nd line.

Franzen worked on that line the 4-5 games we ever saw it happen. I don't know why Babcock is unwilling to try to put them together again.

Guest wingswillwincup

i dont know why some people here are talking about sending hudler away in a trade , the guy is young and got lots of potential and is only gonna get better , he trained in the off season with cleary and chelios i believe and after one summer training with them i can see a HUGE improvement in his skating the kid will only get better , and you wanna ship him off ?? Some of you are crazy

Put some nice big guys who can play with him and give him some time and we'll see even more come out of him ( stats wise)

What the wings need to do is lock up guys like hudler to long term deals in this new cap era that can potentially turn into a steal for them like the zetterberg deal did so that they can keep big contracts with other good players with smaller deals

if it was up to me ......

cleary - 5 yrs/2 mill per - he gets a longterm deal which might make it up since if he went on the market im sure some team would offer him 3 mill per , maybe the longterm deal would make him wanna stay here , any offer of 2.5-3 mill per i say we let him walk

filppula - 4-5 yrs 2 mill per - got all the tools still hasnt been producing stats in a consistent basis , we should take that oppportunity to lock him up long term to a reasonable offer

zetterberg - 7 yrs 7 mill per - hes headed to a breakout season , but maybe the fact that its his 1st huge season and his buddy pavel is making 6.7 per then maybe he wont wanna make too much more then pav and 7 is a good number

hudler - 2.5 for 4 yr added extention ... if he continues playing well this season then why not try and lock him up at seasons end to a bigger deal ?? It'll be more then double his salary of now and i thnk its reasonable for a guy who can get 60-70 pts considering the offers we see now

franzen - 3 yrs 2 mill per - stil hasnt shown his full potential i think 2 mill per is pretty reasonable to have him locked up for 3 yrs

to sum it up

zetterberg 7 yrs at 7 per yr

filppula 4/5 yrs at 2 per yr

hudler 4 yrs at 2.5 per yr ( still has one more yr to his deal so he'd be locked up for 5 yrs )

cleary 5 yrs 2 per yr

franzen 3 yrs 2 per yr

we'd also have

datsyuk for another 6 yrs

rafalski for 4 yrs

kronwall for 4 yrs

holmstrom 2 yrs

draper 3 yrs

maltby lebda meech for 2 yrs

our basic core would be locked up longterm and we'd have a nice window to go for it all ..... any thoughts ??

brian rolston i think would fit in nicely , he wouldnt cost too much since hes getting older and hes from detroit so it might help us in negociations like it did with rafalski

Edited by wingswillwincup

I dont doubt that he could be a pretty good player on a bad team. I just dont feel he fits here with what we have on the roster. If he stays, then you gotta trade Flip. To me, thats what it boils down to...one of the two needs to be dealt off as we clearly need to acquire some size. I'd much rather that be Hudler. I dont know what exactly we could get, or who's out there. But just for the sake of throwing a name out there as an example, as i know he was being shopped around at one point, someone like Ryan Malone is a much better fit to play 2nd line winger on this team than Hudler imo.

i dont know why some people here are talking about sending hudler away in a trade , the guy is young and got lots of potential and is only gonna get better , he trained in the off season with cleary and chelios i believe and after one summer training with them i can see a HUGE improvement in his skating the kid will only get better , and you wanna ship him off ?? Some of you are crazy

And i have the feeling that when deadline nears, you'll be one of the guys offering up Sammy and Meech in various trade proposals for guys alot better. You cant expect to acquire anybody if you arent willing to give anything up. If you wanna keep things status quo, then fine, but dont expect to make any good trades if everybody young has too much potential to give up.

Guest DetroitIan

Hudler has definitely stepped his game up. In fact, I dont think anyone could dispuit the fact that Hudler is looking better than Sammy. If we had to let one guy go, or if we had to scratch one for some reason. It would have to be Sammy. Hudler is looking more and more comfortable at this level of play.

Guest wingswillwincup

I dont doubt that he could be a pretty good player on a bad team. I just dont feel he fits here with what we have on the roster. If he stays, then you gotta trade Flip. To me, thats what it boils down to...one of the two needs to be dealt off as we clearly need to acquire some size. I'd much rather that be Hudler. I dont know what exactly we could get, or who's out there. But just for the sake of throwing a name out there as an example, as i know he was being shopped around at one point, someone like Ryan Malone is a much better fit to play 2nd line winger on this team than Hudler imo.

why do we have to trade either filppula or hudler ?? 2 young guys with loads of potential ??? id rather we trade samuelsson , a bigger guy but who doesnt do anything and hudler and filppula has lots more to offer and is alot younger then sammy , before he came here sammy did nothing in his career , id trade sammy and even maltby, drake for bigger guys who hit

And i have the feeling that when deadline nears, you'll be one of the guys offering up Sammy and Meech in various trade proposals for guys alot better. You cant expect to acquire anybody if you arent willing to give anything up. If you wanna keep things status quo, then fine, but dont expect to make any good trades if everybody young has too much potential to give up.

well sometimes the best deals are the ones you dont make then , look at atlanta and those other teams that gave up everything for a rental player ?? you think they dont regret it ? if teams dont want a combination of samuelsson meech picks or some prospects then the hell with them im not gonna give up on young kids with tons of potential for a guy to come here for a few months and not even resign , doesnt guarantee us a cup

I think nearly any deal with Hudler or Flip in it would be a bad one. There isn't a whole lot we'd be able to get in exchange for either (realistically, that is) that would make up for their loss in the future years. I don't think Holland would pull the trigger on either of them anyway. He pretty much said they weren't going anywhere before (yes I know he could change his mind) anyways. I just think Holland realizes the value of hanging on to the talent we have for the future of the club, rather than the immediate gratification of the cup.

My 2 cents.

edit: spelling

Edited by CdnWingsFanEh

For the love of all that is hockey. Split of ZDH and put Z with huds and Franzen.

Put Datsyuk with Homer and Flip.

And watch in awe of all the great plays and goals, and so on and so forth.

Every single time Hudler is discussed there's always talk of trade bait, it's quite annoying and not to mention disappointing. He is 24 years of age and has 15 points in 25 games in less than 12 minutes per game. Look around the league and tell me who else is producing such great numbers in minimal game time?

Hudler is still young and still improving. Just because he doesn't have great size doesn't mean he should always be the centre of trade talks. :thumbdown:

Guest wingswillwincup

Every single time Hudler is discussed there's always talk of trade bait, it's quite annoying and not to mention disappointing. He is 24 years of age and has 15 points in 25 games in less than 12 minutes per game. Look around the league and tell me who else is producing such great numbers in minimal game time?

Hudler is still young and still improving. Just because he doesn't have great size doesn't mean he should always be the centre of trade talks. :thumbdown:

i agree and i do believe, this is my personal opinion that we wont see stupid crazy trades like the thrashers did for tkachuk this year , gm's saw what happened last year and im sure they wont trade the future for a rental player , im not saying meech, samuelsson,picks/ prospects will get us a star but i do think it can get a pretty good rental player

as far as id see it id personally only put these options as trade bait ....

derek meech ( still young and i think can play in another team)

mikael samuelsson ( wont be traded but id trade him over hudler , i think hes as good as gone in 2 yrs anyways)

dallas drake ( hes been invincible so far )

kirk matlby ( dont even know why we locked him up again , we got tons of great penalty killers on the team)

draft picks

these are prospects id consider in a trade over others who i think are untouchable .....

kyle quincey ( we got ericsson,kindl,smith,pyett waiting )

Darren Helm ( got lots of checkers in the system ... andersson, abdelkader )

Evan McGrath

in the top 8 rankings in redwingscentral.com the only one id consider is cory emmerton , i might be wrong but i just dont see the big deal about him id rather keep the other 7 guys in the top 8 and andersson,ryno,larsson,ritola,pyett over him .......again i do hope im wrong about him though

derek meech ( still young and i think can play in another team)

mikael samuelsson ( wont be traded but id trade him over hudler , i think hes as good as gone in 2 yrs anyways)

dallas drake ( hes been invincible so far )

kirk matlby ( dont even know why we locked him up again , we got tons of great penalty killers on the team)

draft picks

these are prospects id consider in a trade over others who i think are untouchable .....

kyle quincey ( we got ericsson,kindl,smith,pyett waiting )

Darren Helm ( got lots of checkers in the system ... andersson, abdelkader )

Evan McGrath

in the top 8 rankings in redwingscentral.com the only one id consider is cory emmerton , i might be wrong but i just dont see the big deal about him id rather keep the other 7 guys in the top 8 and andersson,ryno,larsson,ritola,pyett over him .......again i do hope im wrong about him though

Meech, I dont want to trade him, but in any case we wont get anything for him

Samuelson, He'll finish up the year in Detroit, go to FA and get alot of money from another team

Drake, he's been wearing the cage for weeks, no one wanted Kronwall shipped off when he played like trash with it on. He'll get better, the other night against Tampa he played great.

Maltby, he isnt just a check/penalty killer, he's a leader in the lockeroom and a hard worker. Im very glad we re-signed him, he's an important part of this team. Wont move.

Quincey, he's better then all the defence prospects you listed. Keep him, will be a great shutdown defenceman.

Helm, again, better then the guys you named, tenachouis(sp) worker, has a bit of a scoring touch as well

McGrath, I wouldnt trade him, but I imagine Holland would be shopping him to teams.

Basically, we dont have alot of bait for other teams. That's why Hudler is so valuable, he packaged with picks could get a us a great player.

Guest wingswillwincup

Meech, I dont want to trade him, but in any case we wont get anything for him

Samuelson, He'll finish up the year in Detroit, go to FA and get alot of money from another team

Drake, he's been wearing the cage for weeks, no one wanted Kronwall shipped off when he played like trash with it on. He'll get better, the other night against Tampa he played great.

Maltby, he isnt just a check/penalty killer, he's a leader in the lockeroom and a hard worker. Im very glad we re-signed him, he's an important part of this team. Wont move.

Quincey, he's better then all the defence prospects you listed. Keep him, will be a great shutdown defenceman.

Helm, again, better then the guys you named, tenachouis(sp) worker, has a bit of a scoring touch as well

McGrath, I wouldnt trade him, but I imagine Holland would be shopping him to teams.

Basically, we dont have alot of bait for other teams. That's why Hudler is so valuable, he packaged with picks could get a us a great player.

a great rental player , who will be gone soon enough and not even guarantee us a cup while hudler goes on to have a nice career elsewhere , no thanks

i do think abdelkader is better then helm

mcgrath is doing nothing , if anyone wants him itll be a miracle and id add him in a deal

i like quincey hes a nice defensive guy , but kindl ericsson and smith will be better then him

we got enough leaders on the team we dont need maltby , although i acknowlege he aint unfortunetly going anywhere

by the way sammy has another year on his deal hes not going to free agency next year, and meech wont be here much longer we got way better defensemen waiting to play , he can have an nhl career, just not in detroit

Edited by wingswillwincup

a great rental player , who will be gone soon enough and not even guarantee us a cup while hudler goes on to have a nice career elsewhere , no thanks

i do think abdelkader is better then helm

mcgrath is doing nothing , if anyone wants him itll be a miracle and id add him in a deal

i like quincey hes a nice defensive guy , but kindl ericsson and smith will be better then him

we got enough leaders on the team we dont need maltby , although i acknowlege he aint unfortunetly going anywhere

by the way sammy has another year on his deal hes not going to free agency next year, and meech wont be here much longer we got way better defensemen waiting to play , he can have an nhl career, just not in detroit

Sammy's still got 2 years? Ok, I'd look to moving him in the summer.

Im not saying I want a rental player who will only be here for a playoff run (Even though i'd probably still do it, only because I dont think Hudler has all that great of a future, that's just me) I'd rather get a young player on a 1 year deal that we can pick up and re-sign. Kinda like what would've happened with Calder if he hadent gotten hurt and played like trash. I dont think Smith or Ericcson will be better then Quincey, Kindl might, but he hasent been very good in GR so far this season.

Well, if you're ever going to package off Hudler in a deal for a legit 2nd liner...now is probably the time as his value is going back up from where it was. Gotta sell when high.

I think... That is CRAZY!!! But it might just work.

Guest Canadian Wings

I was always on the trade Hudler bandwagon but he is starting to come around. Also, his skating has greatly improved, last year he looked much slower. I expect until Drapper comes back he'll be on the 2nd line and producing regularly.

That being said, if a deal comes around that makes sense, and makes us better, u should take it.