• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
savaking72

Hawks & Yotes

Rate this topic

Dang, it is only the 2nd intermission, and the Hawks are destroying the Yotes 6-0. 5 goals in the 1st. One of their D has a hat trick, and Ruutoo has 2. I bet the Yotes are going to be looking for some payback tomorrow night.

Funny how the Central all comes togather in one year rather than only one team having a break out year (besides us). I guess stinking up the place for the last few years really paid off for the Hawks. This past summer the draft really went their way, and especially their acquisitions from the summer. Same with the Blues. The jackets just must be some sort of freak of nature. Now the Central is a major battlezone.

Dang, it is only the 2nd intermission, and the Hawks are destroying the Yotes 6-0. 5 goals in the 1st. One of their D has a hat trick, and Ruutoo has 2. I bet the Yotes are going to be looking for some payback tomorrow night.

Funny how the Central all comes togather in one year rather than only one team having a break out year (besides us). I guess stinking up the place for the last few years really paid off for the Hawks. This past summer the draft really went their way, and especially their acquisitions from the summer. Same with the Blues. The jackets just must be some sort of freak of nature. Now the Central is a major battlezone.

I actually think Ken Hitchcock has made a world of difference in Columbus. When he came in last season, they were already out of the playoff hunt, but they played really well in the final part of the season with him behind the bench.

I actually think Ken Hitchcock has made a world of difference in Columbus. When he came in last season, they were already out of the playoff hunt, but they played really well in the final part of the season with him behind the bench.

i definitely agree with you on that one. although i wouldnt say they were out of the hunt, they had the majority of the season with him there to turn it around, but you cant do that in one season... good to see some fierce competition for the redwings this year.

I think Andy Murray has had the same effect on the Blues, actually, in more or less the same scenario

I know with each team having to play eachother 8 times, it probably wont happen, but isnt it unreal that all 5 central teams have a shot at the playoffs. Think about that, that leaces 3 spots for the rest of the conference. The Northwest will only get 1, ( the winner of the division) and Pacific will get 2. Insane!!!

I know with each team having to play eachother 8 times, it probably wont happen, but isnt it unreal that all 5 central teams have a shot at the playoffs. Think about that, that leaces 3 spots for the rest of the conference. The Northwest will only get 1, ( the winner of the division) and Pacific will get 2. Insane!!!

THAT is the stuff rivalries are made of. If most of the Central makes playoffs this year expect those roudns to be absolutely brutal battlezones.

That being said, the idea of playing Chicago in the playoffs (or even St. Louis, the Wings seemt o play good against Columbus consistently) is absolutely terrifying. The only team that may have the edge on the WIngs in the entire league.