• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DaWingsin071

Sundin

Rate this topic

Morning all, sitting in the aftermath of the snow storm is fun stuff. Any who lets get down to business. I was on mlive.com and came across this article, I know this should probably be in trade rumor board but thought I would post here. Apparently as stated earlier on this season, the wings might be making a push for Mats Sundin. The sweeden connection want him here in Detroit, and has told holland to get it done. What do you think we give up for Mats? And would you like doing this? I think this would be amazing depending upon who we give up he would revitilze some scoring that we need and add to the size issue. And he would be hungry to want to win with a winning organization like Detroit. Thoughts? Here is the link to http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/ go down to where it says Sundin Rumor doesnt hold up.

Well IMO if that's all it took to land Sundin - well what # does Mats want?

well then the price is too high...

a future top 2 d man (hopefully)

a top 6 winger

and a 2nd in a deep draft

for a 37 year old rental...

i know sundin's been a great player, but i'd pass on that deal in a second.

The last part is ******* unbelievable

Hudler, Kindl and a 2nd for Sundin???

Dear Tim Matheson

Agree with FMichael. Thats it? And this would all be dependent on Hudler keeping his value where it is....which is whats been discussed in the Hudler thread. Right now its peaking, by deadline time it could be back down to where it was before the season started. That would mean Flip, Kindl, pick....or Hudler, Kindl, pick, plus additional prospect.

Cicada - what type of deal do you think would be fair to get Sundin...just curious since you think this one is such overpayment.

Draft pick end of story. That's all nothing more. He IS a rental player. He's a leaf that will always be a leaf, plays for the leafs and will retire a leaf so if he wants to play for a contender come playoff time for a cup, then a draft pick. That's all

Draft pick end of story. That's all nothing more. He IS a rental player. He's a leaf that will always be a leaf, plays for the leafs and will retire a leaf so if he wants to play for a contender come playoff time for a cup, then a draft pick. That's all

No Sundin - end of story.

Sundin is a perfect fit for this team and some are saying a draft pick and nothing more?

He's a big body, he's clutch, and he'd be perfect for the second line.

Cicada - what type of deal do you think would be fair to get Sundin...just curious since you think this one is such overpayment.

it's not that it's an "overpayment".

Sundin is a UFA after this season, and has said in repeated interviews that Toronto is his home. Unless they sign him to an extension, and then trade him it would be incredibly dangerous to look at it at anything but a rental.

i would hate to give up that much for a player that might only be there for a few months. Getting Sundin is no guarantee of winning a cup. He'd be our 2nd line centre on a line with who? Samuelsson? Franzen? Cleary? I'm not seeing him set the world alight with those players as line mates.

i'd hate to give up 2 young players with extreme potential and a pick for him. The post season is an utter crapshoot anyway, and i don't see Sundin making such an edge.

It's just not worth the risk imho.

but then i've proven time and time again i know nothing.

Sundin is a UFA after this season, and has said in repeated interviews that Toronto is his home. Unless they sign him to an extension, and then trade him it would be incredibly dangerous to look at it at anything but a rental.

i would hate to give up that much for a player that might only be there for a few months. Getting Sundin is no guarantee of winning a cup. He'd be our 2nd line centre on a line with who? Samuelsson? Franzen? Cleary? I'm not seeing him set the world alight with those players as line mates.

i'd hate to give up 2 young players with extreme potential and a pick for him. The post season is an utter crapshoot anyway, and i don't see Sundin making such an edge.

You were supposed to say "Sammy and Meech for Sundin"...you didnt take my bait :sly:;)

Im not necessarily saying we should trade for Sundin, im more or less just debating on the cost of what it would take if the Wings wanted to go that route. The deal proposed is quite fair is all im saying. Very few people on this site are game with the idea of trading Hudler, Flip, and Kindl, yet everyone wants the Wings to make a splash at the deadline and will ***** if we dont do anything!

You were supposed to say "Sammy and Meech for Sundin"...you didnt take my bait :sly:;)

Im not necessarily saying we should trade for Sundin, im more or less just debating on the cost of what it would take if the Wings wanted to go that route. The deal proposed is quite fair is all im saying. Very few people on this site are game with the idea of trading Hudler, Flip, and Kindl, yet everyone wants the Wings to make a splash at the deadline and will ***** if we dont do anything!

damned if you do, damned if you don't..

kenny h will be in trouble no matter what :)

i'd take Sammny and Meech for Sundin :sly:

i doubt Toronto would though...i'd laugh my ass off if they did though.

i would think if he was *only* a rental, something like a 1st, 2nd and a high prospect. Quncey or Helm maybe..

but then i am biased. i'm an admitted Hudlerphile and i generally react very strongly to any article that says to trade him.

Guest wingswillwincup

Well IMO if that's all it took to land Sundin - well what # does Mats want?

i agree with the other guy , sundin would be nice but hes gonna be a rental and it doesnt guarantee us a cup , he will go back to the leafs at seasons end and im not willing to give up a potential 30 goal scorer ( hudler, whos been playing really great lately) and kindl who has the potential to be a top defensemen and play lots of minutes AND a 2nd rounder

no thanks

Agree with FMichael. Thats it? And this would all be dependent on Hudler keeping his value where it is....which is whats been discussed in the Hudler thread. Right now its peaking, by deadline time it could be back down to where it was before the season started. That would mean Flip, Kindl, pick....or Hudler, Kindl, pick, plus additional prospect.

your crazy , i dont know why you hate hudler as much as you do but you'd have to be stupid to trade the guy away now the way hes playing for a rental player who wont even guarantee us anything , besides our first line we dont really have much on the offensive side and you wanna trade hudler??? we dont have much top offensive prospects either

If it takes too much for sundin then we just move on and thats it , not gonna trade our whole future for a 2 month player , holland wont be stupid and do that trade either he held out for bertuzzi even though hes been unproven and gave up a pick and a 3rd line potential prospect

Guest wingswillwincup

Sundin is a perfect fit for this team and some are saying a draft pick and nothing more?

He's a big body, he's clutch, and he'd be perfect for the second line.

not a pick and nothing more , but not willing to give up our top prospects for a guy who will just go back to his old team , you dont think atlanta regrets the deal for tkachuk ?? top teams in the league would never give up 2-3 prospects for a rental ... thats why there a top team , there not dumb

Sundin will be a one year player, if the wings win the cup with him, he could think retirement or he could go to ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!!!

You don't give up that much for a guy you will have for a couple of months, that is 37 and you are doing him the favor.

Bourque was traded to Colorado with Dave Andreychuk for Brian Rolston, Martin Grenier, Samuel Pahlsson, and a first round draft pick.

(at the time of the trade Red Wing current Equivalent) Rolston (= Hudler) and Pahlsson (=Kindl ) Grenier (a nobody) and a first rounder, for two HHOFers. Not just one. If that is really what the team is asking for for a 37 year old Sundin then I say NO!! They better throw in Boyd, ahh I mean Antropov with that.

Guest wingswillwincup

exactly

not a pick and nothing more , but not willing to give up our top prospects for a guy who will just go back to his old team , you dont think atlanta regrets the deal for tkachuk ?? top teams in the league would never give up 2-3 prospects for a rental ... thats why there a top team , there not dumb

I'm not saying give up whatever it takes, I'm saying more than just a pick would be fine. The Tkachuk deal was stupid, he was a bad fit in Atlanta and was washed up anyway.

I'd be fine with the Wings giving up some high picks and mid-to-high level prospects.

Guest wingswillwincup

you wanna trade 2-3 of our top prospects and young players for a guy whos leaving in 2 months , what do you expect ?? if you think teams are gonna trade 2-3 top guys for a rental then i think your wrong , i dont see teams doing that after what happened last year and all those players went back to their old teams ........ its just stupid

And im not sure but i do think sundin has a no trade claus so im sure he wouldnt go just anywhere , and what i been saying all this time is what better fit for sundin would there be then the redwings ???? hes got alot of fellow swedes and more importantly its right next to his home in toronto , it just makes alot of sense and i dont think its impossible to think the leafs would do sundin a favour and trade him here after all the crap he put up with in toronto , not saying theyd give him for free but they wouldnt rape us in a deal like your suggesting

Pass on Sundin. I think we need a similar deadline deals like last year, role players. And I'd like to see us get a solid backup for Ozzie. Yes, I don't have much faith in Hasek. How much longer do we have to wait to consider he's finished?

Guest wingswillwincup

I'm not saying give up whatever it takes, I'm saying more than just a pick would be fine. The Tkachuk deal was stupid, he was a bad fit in Atlanta and was washed up anyway.

I'd be fine with the Wings giving up some high picks and mid-to-high level prospects.

what high level prospects ??

the only ones id be ok with trading are darren helm since we got abdelkader and andersson already , quincey and meech that i can think of ....... im really high on larsson,axelsson,kindl ....... im also not sold on emmerton so id might consider trading him in a deal

Sundin will be a one year player, if the wings win the cup with him, he could think retirement or he could go to ANY TEAM IN THE LEAGUE!!!

You don't give up that much for a guy you will have for a couple of months, that is 37 and you are doing him the favor.

Bourque was traded to Colorado with Dave Andreychuk for Brian Rolston, Martin Grenier, Samuel Pahlsson, and a first round draft pick.

(at the time of the trade Red Wing current Equivalent) Rolston (= Hudler) and Pahlsson (=Kindl ) Grenier (a nobody) and a first rounder, for two HHOFers. Not just one. If that is really what the team is asking for for a 37 year old Sundin then I say NO!! They better throw in Boyd, ahh I mean Antropov with that.

Antropov? Well, that would give me someone else besides Lilja and Kopecky to make fun of, but for the sake of this team, the Leafs can keep Antropov. As for that trade you objected to, I would trade Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st rounder for Sundin in a heartbeat. My only concern with Sundin is that we don't need another center, but that's a lot better than getting someone like Bertuzzi last year. Sundin won't be a bust, and either Hank or Pavel can play wing as they've shown before.

Guest wingswillwincup

Antropov? Well, that would give me someone else besides Lilja and Kopecky to make fun of, but for the sake of this team, the Leafs can keep Antropov. As for that trade you objected to, I would trade Hudler, Kindl, and a 1st rounder for Sundin in a heartbeat. My only concern with Sundin is that we don't need another center, but that's a lot better than getting someone like Bertuzzi last year. Sundin won't be a bust, and either Hank or Pavel can play wing as they've shown before.

i just praise the lord your not our gm then lol :D

obviously u haven't seen a lot of leafs hockey this year. Sundin has been an absolute beast -- a man on a mission. Problem is, he kind of stands alone on a team that seems to be almost entirely incompetent all the way through upper management. I have a hard time picturing any western conference team beating us in a 7 game series as it stands right now...with Sundin, this team would be incredibly dangerous.

well then the price is too high...

a future top 2 d man (hopefully)

a top 6 winger

and a 2nd in a deep draft

for a 37 year old rental...

i know sundin's been a great player, but i'd pass on that deal in a second.

I'd pass - Hulder will score 25 goals this season, and Kindl is going to be good. Not worth 2 months of Sundin's service. Besides, the Wings are tops in the league - why do they need to give so much up for Sundin now?

Cheap price to pay for one of the best players in the game.

They were talking about it on TSN the other day, that we could also get Tucker, but get the leafs to pay some of his salary.

Sundin and Tucker for Hudler, Kindl, 2nd, 3rd. Done and Done. Hello Stanley Cup :D

Guest wingswillwincup

Cheap price to pay for one of the best players in the game.

They were talking about it on TSN the other day, that we could also get Tucker, but get the leafs to pay some of his salary.

Sundin and Tucker for Hudler, Kindl, 2nd, 3rd. Done and Done. Hello Stanley Cup :D

ummmmmmmmm no lol , not giving all that up for rentals