• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest wingswillwincup

rob blake

Rate this topic

Guest wingswillwincup

just read this ........

- Sources claim LA Kings defenceman Rob Blake could have the option of seeking a trade to a contender before the trade deadline.

Spector's Note: Blake has a no trade clause, and when these rumours popped up last season he emphatically stated he wasn't interested in leaving the Kings. I see no reason why he'd change his mind now. He's won his Stanley Cup, he's had a great career, and now it appears he wants to finish in where it began and where he makes his home.

heres his profile http://www2.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/players/Rob_Blake/

i was thinking if he changes his mind should we consider going for him ?? He's older and not as great as he was but hes still rob blake , his salary by the deadline would probably be like 1.5 and we have 5 cap space and im sure it wouldnt cost us alot considering he's been ok this year ( but he has been in a young pretty bad defensive team) Id much rather have him then lilja in the lineup and even lebda

He's 6/4 225 pds

Assets

Is physically imposing. Uses his size to rock opponents. Owns a rocket of a shot, which is a lethal scoring weapon for him. Can log boundless minutes.

the physically imposing asset is what we'd need and im sure he wouldnt cough up pucks like lilja does

lidstrom rafalski

blake kronwall

lebda chelios

lilja

i like it ........ any thoughts ???

I could be way off but im guessing and probably am but im thinking maybe with the season he's had maybe he can be had for a 3rd rounder and if he waives his no trade clause

Edited by wingswillwincup

he's an upgrade on lilja, but not a huge amount.

he's a bit of a shadow of his former self now..god knows why.

he hasn't thrown a decent hip-check since he went back to LA

Guest wingswillwincup

ya but hes still rob blake , and he has been playing in a young l.a team , maybe coming to detroit for a cup run might make him play better , if rob blake doesnt come here its not a big deal but i think it could be a nice upgrade if it works out , and we are missing a real physical big guy in the back , he'd be better then lilja and wouldnt cough up the puck , if he'd consider coming here and wouldnt cost us much which i imagine it being the case it might be worth the gamble

Then in the playoffs when the games matter most , we'd have lidstrom rafalski blake and chelios who can log in 20 + minutes a game and we'd have our best d men playing more minutes, it might help out lidstrom and rafalski more

Edited by wingswillwincup

Guest wingswillwincup

Who would you give up for him?

i might be laughed at but i was thinking maybe a 3rd or 2nd round pick at the most , hes a ufa at seasons end and hes not playing the way he was since hes in la hes -13 currently .... again all this talk with be worthless if hes not willing to waive his no trade clause

Guest wingswillwincup

Yuck, no way I'd want him. His skills have deminished. Plus I don't like any guy that says he's going to sign with a team and then sign with a nother.

huhh ??? who did he say he was gonna sign with ? lol You sure your not thinking of mikael nylander ??

Yuck, no way I'd want him. His skills have deminished. Plus I don't like any guy that says he's going to sign with a team and then sign with a nother.

Are you referring to the summer of 05/06 when he said he wanted to re-sign with Colorado, then signed with L.A.? I think that one falls on Colorados mangement for not re-signing there best defenceman. Blake wanted to re-sign with the Avs, they didnt have the room, told him they werent going to, then L.A. gave him an offer and since he'd played there before, he signed with them.

I would pass on him.. But lets bring on FEDS :thumbup:

i dont think we need to pick up an aging defenseman at the deadline...im still hopin for feds...

i would say yes to feds...

You people really need to use your brain...Columbus has never been even remotely close to making the playoffs, and now that they are, you think they arre going to trade away their 3rd leading scorer, 2nd line center, and one of the few guys on their team who has worlds of playoff experience???

Yea, why not?

:rolleyes:

You people really need to use your brain...Columbus has never been even remotely close to making the playoffs, and now that they are, you think they arre going to trade away their 3rd leading scorer, 2nd line center, and one of the few guys on their team who has worlds of playoff experience???

Yea, why not?

Never said anything about it happening. All i said is that's who i would want :sly:

He has 1 goal in 25 games, thus he has as many goals as Lilja. What separates him from Lilja is that Lilja has 1 more fight on the season. Why would we ever want this stiff? Because he was great once? How's that going to help us now? We need to worry about upgrading our 2nd line, and then worry about the defense.

Yea, why not?

They would if they are out of playoff contention by trade deadline...the other option is get nothing for Feds in the summer. Unless you believe that Feds will reup with the Jackets. Of course the Jackets won't deal if they are in the playoff huint, at least not for the bargin price we'd be willing to pay.

As for Rob Blake I wouldn't want to give up what we'd probably have to for a rental player. I really believe that Fedorov would reup with us in the summer if we did get him as a rental.

Are you referring to the summer of 05/06 when he said he wanted to re-sign with Colorado, then signed with L.A.? I think that one falls on Colorados mangement for not re-signing there best defenceman. Blake wanted to re-sign with the Avs, they didnt have the room, told him they werent going to, then L.A. gave him an offer and since he'd played there before, he signed with them.

That's not really true. The Avs thought that he was coming back. And you can't tell me that the Avs wouldn't say he was going to be retained if Blake didn't make them think otherewise. This article kind of explains it. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/26/sports/h...amp;oref=slogin .Here's the main quote though cause it talks about a bunch of other people.

Sakic and Blake Stay Put

The Colorado Avalanche said yesterday that it planned to honor the contracts of Joe Sakic and Rob Blake, two of the core players whose futures were uncertain.

The fate of other key Avalanche players, most notably Peter Forsberg and Adam Foote, is still being considered by General Manager Pierre Lacroix. The 24 percent rollback on all current contracts means that Sakic and Blake would cost about $13 million combined for the coming season.