• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
BeeRYCE

Favourite Non Red Wing?

Rate this topic

Lots of love for Kane and Toews here. Will be interesting to see how people feel about them in 3-5 years after they've been torching the Wings for a while.

Though, they are fun to watch. So is David Perron in St. Louis, that kid can't be older than 13, yet he consistently comes up with some amazing plays.

Lots of love for Kane and Toews here. Will be interesting to see how people feel about them in 3-5 years after they've been torching the Wings for a while.

Though, they are fun to watch. So is David Perron in St. Louis, that kid can't be older than 13, yet he consistently comes up with some amazing plays.

A little off-topic here, but I don't think there's been as promising a group of young stars (1-3 yrs in the league) as the current crop since the early 90s - maybe even better - as evidenced by some of the favorites people have been posting.

First and foremost, you got Crosby and Ovechkin, whom it's hard to believe are in only their 3rd years, along with Phaneuf and Vanek. There are some up-and-coming young goalies (though they tend to be older): Lundqvist, Fleury, Backstrom. Then there's the rookies and sophomores: Malkin, Toews, Kane, Statsny, Kopitar, Andrew Cogliano, David Perron, the Johnsons (Erik and Jack), Sam Gagner, Phil Kessel, Mark and Jordan Staal, and God knows whom else I've missed (these were just off the top of my head.) Great time to be a hockey fan!

A little off-topic here, but I don't think there's been as promising a group of young stars (1-3 yrs in the league) as the current crop since the early 90s - maybe even better - as evidenced by some of the favorites people have been posting.

First and foremost, you got Crosby and Ovechkin, whom it's hard to believe are in only their 3rd years, along with Phaneuf and Vanek. There are some up-and-coming young goalies (though they tend to be older): Lundqvist, Fleury, Backstrom. Then there's the rookies and sophomores: Malkin, Toews, Kane, Statsny, Kopitar, Andrew Cogliano, David Perron, the Johnsons (Erik and Jack), Sam Gagner, Phil Kessel, Mark and Jordan Staal, and God knows whom else I've missed (these were just off the top of my head.) Great time to be a hockey fan!

I know, I think this group of players will lead a resurgance of the NHL. I also think that a lack of these type of players in the 90's are part of what hurt the league. Kind of like a team that doesn't draft well for a few years, the league as a whole didn't draft well (figuratively) for a while.

As for you you left out. Eric Staal (only 4th season). Weber and Radulov in Nashville.

Not in the NHL yet... Kyle Turris. Angelo Esposito, Alexei Cherepanov. Steve Stamkos, John Tavares.

When these guys are hitting 26-27, the current group of stars will be the "30 something" veterans. Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lecavalier, Iginla, Thornton, Kovalchuk, Marleau, Gagne, Briere, Nash. for the most part, this group is great, but took a few years to develop. The current crop of young stars seem to have hit the ice running and are already on fire. It's going to be an awesome league in just a couple of years (I think it already is, but the casual fans will be drawn in more in a few years)

Edited by Legionnaire11

Favorite non-Preds....

Crosby

Ovechkin

E. Staal

Holmstrom

Brodeur

Jagr

Recchi

Linden

If we can go with former wings I would say Ray Whitney......if not then ill say Heatley

If we can go with former wings I would say Ray Whitney......if not then ill say Heatley

and what are with these squares next to my name? do i need more squares in order to start a topic and not have to always reply?

Guest DetroitIan

You mean sorta like how we torch the preds all the time?

Crosby, Sakic, Jagr

I wouldn't have put Crosby first until recently. I've always recognized his skill but I think it was watching him scrum for the puck along the boards without his stick, and eventually come away with it, during the Toronto game that finally did it for me. He seriously has it all. Flashy moves, speed, and willingness to throw his body around.

Glad I'm not sounding like a homer (although I don't like the Avs) but you have to like the other 19 Sakic.

Did you mean to spell Stastny Statsny? cause I think that could be kinda of a cool nickname. stats-ny.