• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

OFFICIAL: Niedermayer returns to Ducks

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

The question is, how long is soon? A week, a few weeks, a month? I wish they were more sure on exactly when he's planning on returning. That way I can try to pick him up in fantasy hockey. lol

I honestly am bothered by this. He should not be allowed to do this. You should have to know from the season begins or wait. This bothers me as much as people retiring in the middle of the season. He is to young and able anyhow.

The question is, how long is soon? A week, a few weeks, a month? I wish they were more sure on exactly when he's planning on returning. That way I can try to pick him up in fantasy hockey. lol

He is already spoken for in our league. I lost becuase of waiver priorty! LOL.

Guest DetroitIan

He is already spoken for in our league. I lost becuase of waiver priorty! LOL.

haha yeah I figured someone snagged him by now. Maybe I can get him in my other league. Im actually pretty happy with my defensive core in our league. (Schneider, Chara, Campbell, Phillips, Burns, and Bieksa on IR)

Edited by DetroitIan

Big surprise. Too bad he's lost just about everyone's respect by playing this game. I'm sure his son's gonna love it too (he's been coaching his son's hockey team). Friggin' piece of garbage.

/agree. Cant say i wont like having him on the team being a huge help in the duck's D and will contribute alot to offense also, but personally i have lost alot of respect for him. I don't think he had any right to do what he did to the team and the fans especially with him being the "captain" :angry::angry: But o well....

my thoughts exactly i will pick him up now for sure since i dont have alot of depth in my D :lol:

also... Selanne has been even less vague, but had said that if Niedermayer were to return he'd have second thoughts about retirement. saw this in a old report. Maybe lightning will strike twice for the ducks??

Edited by Duck Guy

also... Selanne has been even less vague, but had said that if Niedermayer were to return he'd have second thoughts about retirement. saw this in a old report. Maybe lightning will strike twice for the ducks??

Isn't it too late? I think he would've needed a contract for this season by the 1st.

Isn't it too late? I think he would've needed a contract for this season by the 1st.

dont know how that works so maybe it is to late maybe not... but if anyone can pull it off its Burke :lol:

Should've done what I did and picked him up the day they released Bryzgalov :D:thumbup:

He is under contract, but suspended so he doesn't get paid or count against the cap.

Personally I think this is all Burke's doing; It's completely out of character for Niedermayer to be doing something like this, while Burke has a history of gamesmanship.

Guest DetroitIan

maybe i'll pick him up on my fantasy pool, but i dont even like him. :P

It's all about those beautiful stats. I hold no grudges when it comes to signing a successful fantasy player. I drafted Patrick Roy years back. If that says anything. lol

Edited by DetroitIan

He is under contract, but suspended so he doesn't get paid or count against the cap.

Personally I think this is all Burke's doing; It's completely out of character for Niedermayer to be doing something like this, while Burke has a history of gamesmanship.

he was talking about the finnish flash if it was already too late for him to come back this season. But i would love to see teemu come back also if possible i dont know how the rules apply to his situation .

Guest Canadian Wings

Where does this put us? Does it make Anaheim the favourite to repeat? Or will we still be the better club? In a finish newspaper Selanne said he'd make his decision in January. To me, Selanne + Nieds would make them instant cup favourites...as those two, along with Giguere were detrimental in knocking us out in the WCF. Now they also have Schneider on D, only losing Penner upfront! I don't like this one bit. :thumbdown:

Guest DetroitIan

It definitely doesn't mean they're gonna repeat. But it sure will help this struggling squad. Niedermayer coming back will help them make the post season. And it will help them possibly advance in the post season. But I don't think getting back one guy can bump you from a .500 team to a Stanley Cup favorite. Even if it is Scott Niedermayer. I look forward to seeing how this team will mesh once Scotty boy returns.

It's pretty clear that we're the better team. Whether Scott comes back to them or not. For the first time in a long time, the Ducks are somewhat weak between the pipes. Giguere has been mediocre at best(trust me, I would know, he's one of my fantasy goaltenders). And they lost Bryzgolov. And we all know what an amazing duo we have in Hasek and Ozzie. Unless the Ducks start playing some amazing hockey, the Red Wings are definitely the stronger team.

Edited by DetroitIan

Guest Canadian Wings

If they get Selanne and Nids back they'll have essentially the same team that knocked us out. No Selanne, then i still stay they'll struggle to score as they have this yr. Giguere could be the Xfactor between the pipes in the playoffs...i can handle Neids coming back, but Selanne too...that's f***in ***. We have an awesome club, but that would put them back up there with us IMHO.

with scott back ducks could make playoffs. To repeat they need temmu (or another goal scorer) and giggy to be good in playoffs like usual. If they dont get those two things they maybe make to 2nd round 3rd if their lucky. Giggy seems to play good for about 2 games or so then lets in soft goal after soft goal. Nieds will definitely help him out.

Edited by Duck Guy