• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ZigZagYourTorso

Niklas Kronwall

Rate this topic

I know right now his stats aren't amazing. But he is definitely getting progresively better. I think I'm starting to see the potential that everyone was talking about. Im starting to actually become a believer that he could be a top 4 defenseman that puts points up. Im going to predict that if he doesn't get injured this year he'll finish up with 40-50 pts. I know it might be slightly farfetch'd but I don't know...I just have a good feeling.......plus he does lay the best hits on our team....so you can't complain about that.

ps.....why does everyone spell it KronVall on almost every single NHL related website?

pss....I know that a Kronwall thread gets posted almost every week....but I felt the urge to do so.

Actually, I'd rather talk about how quietly Brett Lebda is developing into a steady and smart d-man.

He's played very well the last couple weeks, and last night was one of his better nights. Chelios and him broke up everything Montreal threw at them.

Actually, I'd rather talk about how quietly Brett Lebda is developing into a steady and smart d-man.

He's played very well the last couple weeks, and last night was one of his better nights. Chelios and him broke up everything Montreal threw at them.

Even though the Habs got a decent scoring opportunity off of the 3-1, I thought Lebda played it very well. He forced the puck carrier into carrying the puck down the boards and made him make a difficult pass.

And to top it he helped clear the zone.

He is not a norris trophy candidate but he is a very stable defenseman!

imo from what i have seen, nope, this isnt his year... and i dont think he'll ever have a "year" they put stock into him and the lost... i hope to god im wrong one day. but as of the past few seasons, id say trade bait at best for the wings.

Edited by Xduff83X

I still can't beleive that Lebda's a +9 !!!!! Thats only 1 behind Dats and Zetts..

He's only 3 behind Lidstrom. That just seems so weird

I know right now his stats aren't amazing. But he is definitely getting progresively better. I think I'm starting to see the potential that everyone was talking about. Im starting to actually become a believer that he could be a top 4 defenseman that puts points up. Im going to predict that if he doesn't get injured this year he'll finish up with 40-50 pts. I know it might be slightly farfetch'd but I don't know...I just have a good feeling.......plus he does lay the best hits on our team....so you can't complain about that.

ps.....why does everyone spell it KronVall on almost every single NHL related website?

pss....I know that a Kronwall thread gets posted almost every week....but I felt the urge to do so.

Swedish the 'W' sound is the English 'V' sound. I know the same goes for many other European countries; Germany, Austria , Poland to name a few.

Just like we say Vienna, in Austrian its Wein, with the 'V' sound.

Looks like its just a way of translating his name.

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Acropolis/.../pronounce.html

I watched him during his time in Grand Rapids. I think that he can be a 1/2 a point/game player in the NHL providing he can stay healthy. He was able to put together a great resume' in the AHL without too many injury issues. I don't know if the problems he's had in the NHL have been flukes, or if he is truly injury prone. I think he's a great guy and a great talent. Hopefully his injury issues are behind him and we can see him become a consistant top 4 defensemen for this team.

Actually the misspelling stems from a mistake on his work visa that accidently changed the w to a v. Because of this, his name is misspelled on some NHL related sites. This is not a translation thing, NHL.com simply never has corrected this mistake and even carried it over to his brother who plays for Toronto. ESPN.com and TSN.ca, on the other hand, have made the correction and they are both labeled Kronwall.

I dont think they put stock in him and lost. I remember someone talking about how everyone at the Olympics was talking about how much of a scoring talent he had. I also remember the things he did in the AHL and that hat wasn't an injury nightmare. I think he has true promise and he is starting to find it. I truly believe this.

That is why your post is pointless. He will get injured, it will be some freak injury or accident, and it will cost him 15+ games. It's just who he is.

40-50? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see this happen, I like the kid, I think he has a lot of potential, and I think the ripping on him every now and again is pretty idiotic. 40-50 is reaching a little bit too much out of the realistic box though, in my opinion.

40-50? Don't get me wrong I'd love to see this happen, I like the kid, I think he has a lot of potential, and I think the ripping on him every now and again is pretty idiotic. 40-50 is reaching a little bit too much out of the realistic box though, in my opinion.

Amazing how a guy can put up points in several consecutive games, and all of a sudden he's given unrealistic predictions by Wings fans. I think you have to be in the top 10 in scoring now as a defenseman to put up 50 points.