• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest lnvincible

Odds of detroit making a blockbuster?

Rate this topic

Guest lnvincible

So i was thinking to myself , what is Detroits odds of picking up someone great from now to the trade deadline? Any realistic trades ? Ive heard some rumors but i dunno if i should believe that Detroit would try to compete with teams for them. Players which are : Hossa , Forsberg , Naslund . I know there's more out there , but i cant think off the top of my head. Anyway OPINIONS!

Define blockbuster. IMO, if the Wings managed to land Rolston, Dumont or Legwand, that would be blockbuster enough in the Wings terms.

First of all, I dont think the Wings will touch Forsberg now. Secondly, the Wings wouldnt be able to retain Hossa for next season, and there are plenty of other teams that would likely outbid Hossa for a couple months of play. Thirdly, the Nucks look like theyre headed to the playoffs with Luongo playing well once again. If they fall, we could see Naslund here, as I think hed be the cheapest of the three you mentioned. But hes started to do well again, so its doubtful hed come as cheap as he would have at the beginning of the year when it was speculated hed be moved.

So i was thinking to myself , what is Detroits odds of picking up someone great from now to the trade deadline? Any realistic trades ? Ive heard some rumors but i dunno if i should believe that Detroit would try to compete with teams for them. Players which are : Hossa , Forsberg , Naslund . I know there's more out there , but i cant think off the top of my head. Anyway OPINIONS!

I think Kenny will be very active trying to get someone before the deadline.

I don't think Forsberg is where he is looking simply because no one can be sure what Peter Forsberg you will get.

I think Hossa will stay in Atlanta the way things are improving there.

Naslund would fit nicely with the rest of the Swedes. I think a change of scenery could be just what is needed to get his scoring again.

The Wings still lack a true scoring threat on the second line, and are in need of a top 4 dman. If Kenny can fill those holes, this team has a legit shot at Silver.

None imo. I dont think the Wings brass are willing to part with what it will take to get involved in any bidding wars. Its why ive felt it was prettty pointless saving all the cap room they did....as they arent willing to part with what it will take to make that justifiable. Im not even saying whether parting with Kindl and Flip is the right move, just that its something that in all likelihood wont be done. Might as well just have signed anybody to a 1 yr 3 or 4 mill contract..thats always been my take on it.

There are only a few I'd want, and no one I'd be willing to give up.

Maybe we could get rid of Lilja (but he is useful sometimes, especially lately) or Kopecky, but we couldn't get much for them. I say, why mess with the chemistry? This year feels like a Cup year. Besides, it's too early to tell if we need anyone new.

I agree with slim to none. We'll get more bang for the buck if we wait until the deadline.

I think its the opposite actually. The chances of landing someone you need are significantly higher right now than at the deadline...when probably at least 5 other teams are eyeing that same player and prices get inflated. Its why im so gung ho they should try to pawn off someone like Hudler right now when somebody might bite, later on better deals will come along for that team.

I feel really uneasy about our situation...in terms of deal-making. There are so many things Holland could use to rationalize sticking with what we have, or just adding a journey man or two.

- The team is doing well.

- The Ducks aren't doing well.

- The 'hawks won't make the playoffs.

- Hank is playing like a madman.

- Hank's contract expiration looms large on the horizon.

- Everyone is getting overpaid these days.

- We have very, very few legitimate assets.

- Next summer's FA pool is pretty good.

- The moon's gravitational pull something something something realities of the salary cap era something something laser beams something something something something what we already have.

I really do hope Sundin has an interest in Motown.

I don't think the Wings will make a blockbuster trade, but we'll get someone that will help us out at the deadline.. I'll be pissed though if we get Naslund, he's useless i see him play all the time and he's got nothing. Ever since Bert left he's not the same

I feel really uneasy about our situation...in terms of deal-making. There are so many things Holland could use to rationalize sticking with what we have, or just adding a journey man or two.

- The team is doing well.

- The Ducks aren't doing well.

- The 'hawks won't make the playoffs.

- Hank is playing like a madman.

- Hank's contract expiration looms large on the horizon.

- Everyone is getting overpaid these days.

- We have very, very few legitimate assets.

- Next summer's FA pool is pretty good.

- The moon's gravitational pull something something something realities of the salary cap era something something laser beams something something something something what we already have.

I really do hope Sundin has an interest in Motown.

The Ducks will be better with Scotty back in the lineup. If nothing else, that has to get Kenny thinking.

Say what you will about the Hawks, but if the playoffs started today, they'd be in. Regardless, what does the success or lack thereof, of the Hawks have to do with Kenny making a deal? The Wing are all but a lock to make the playoffs, any deal made would be to help the Wings win a Cup, not the division or simply to make the playoffs.

I think Legwand or Rolston would both be perfect fits with the Wings. However, I doubt the Wild will give up Rolston easily, with Walz retiring he is now the unquestioned leader of the team. I am guessing there will be a fire sale of what is left in Nashville.... c'mon Legwand!

I actually wouldnt mind seeing the wings trade Sammy for Trent Hunter. That gets the wings off the hook for Sammys salary next year, which will help in re-signing Lids, Hank, and a top 6 UFA, but if the Wings re-sign Hunter, itll also give them no reason to re-sign Franzen. IMO, Hunter has more upside than Franzen, is more physical, and has already proven that he can score 20 goals, which Im sure he could do again.

The only reason the Wings didnt do more last year was because of cap issues.This year they have 5 mil available,they will spend it on someone.

Edited by UP2HERE

The only reason the Wings didnt do more last year was because of cap issues.This year they have 5 mil available,they will spend it on someone.

Here's my question on this point... They have 5 million left. What rental player(s) are there to be had for that and what small army are they willing to give up for those player(s) at the trade deadline?

Why are we talking about this? I thought it was pretty much already set it stone on this board what is going to happen?

Holland trades for SERGEI FEDOROV at the trade deadline for 3rd round pick and Meech. He then comes to Detroit and becomes HOCKEY JESUS, grabbing the team by its reins and leading us to sweeps over the Hawks(1st round) Ducks(2nd round) Avalanche(3rd round) . SERGEI FEDOROV gets at least 4 points in every playoff game and plays every penalty kill and power play and becomes the bona fide enforcer for the team. Then, in game 7 against the Senators in the last seconds of quadruple overtime SERGEI FEDOROV steals the puck and races down the ice, dekes the goalie and scores with just half a second left. Immediately as the confetti falls and the crowd roars Steve Yzerman jumps from the rafters, pulling a rope down with him that raises NUMBER NINETY ONE to the rafters while choirs of angels sing Fedorovs name to the heavens...