here are some players i would like for us to get in a trade biggrin.gif

Jared Boll
Eric Godard
Riley Cote
George Parros
Derek Boogaard
David Koci

Just to name a few..
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#23 up2here

up2here

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,127 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:01 PM

The only reason the Wings didnt do more last year was because of cap issues.This year they have 5 mil available,they will spend it on someone.

Edited by UP2HERE, 06 December 2007 - 01:10 PM.

#24 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,454 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 01:42 PM

QUOTE(UP2HERE @ December 6, 2007 - 02:01PM) View Post

The only reason the Wings didnt do more last year was because of cap issues.This year they have 5 mil available,they will spend it on someone.

Here's my question on this point... They have 5 million left. What rental player(s) are there to be had for that and what small army are they willing to give up for those player(s) at the trade deadline?

I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#25 omnipotent_hudler

omnipotent_hudler

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 821 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:09 PM

Why are we talking about this? I thought it was pretty much already set it stone on this board what is going to happen?

Holland trades for SERGEI FEDOROV at the trade deadline for 3rd round pick and Meech. He then comes to Detroit and becomes HOCKEY JESUS, grabbing the team by its reins and leading us to sweeps over the Hawks(1st round) Ducks(2nd round) Avalanche(3rd round) . SERGEI FEDOROV gets at least 4 points in every playoff game and plays every penalty kill and power play and becomes the bona fide enforcer for the team. Then, in game 7 against the Senators in the last seconds of quadruple overtime SERGEI FEDOROV steals the puck and races down the ice, dekes the goalie and scores with just half a second left. Immediately as the confetti falls and the crowd roars Steve Yzerman jumps from the rafters, pulling a rope down with him that raises NUMBER NINETY ONE to the rafters while choirs of angels sing Fedorovs name to the heavens...

#26 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:13 PM

Some players that could "realistically come here"

All are UFAs next year and are on non-playoff, or bubble teams right now.

Forwards:
Radim Vrbata, RW, PHX
Trent Hunter, RW, NYI
Vaclav Prospal, C, TBL
David Legwand, C, NAS
JP Dumont, R, NAS

Defense:
Jim Vandermeer, CHI
Nolan Pratt, Buf
Hal Gill, TOR *

*Don't laugh. He may be slow, He has the size missing on Detroit's blueline. He'd be easy to accquire, and Detroit have a steep history of turning washed up Leafs' defencemen into key role players)
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#27 sergei_is_still_a_wing

sergei_is_still_a_wing

Alyssa = Wings Fan.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:23 PM

Holland trades for SERGEI FEDOROV at the trade deadline for 3rd round pick and Meech. He then comes to Detroit and becomes HOCKEY JESUS, grabbing the team by its reins and leading us to sweeps over the Hawks(1st round) Ducks(2nd round) Avalanche(3rd round) . SERGEI FEDOROV gets at least 4 points in every playoff game and plays every penalty kill and power play and becomes the bona fide enforcer for the team. Then, in game 7 against the Senators in the last seconds of quadruple overtime SERGEI FEDOROV steals the puck and races down the ice, dekes the goalie and scores with just half a second left. Immediately as the confetti falls and the crowd roars Steve Yzerman jumps from the rafters, pulling a rope down with him that raises NUMBER NINETY ONE to the rafters while choirs of angels sing Fedorovs name to the heavens...

single best/funniest post on LGW of 2007. 0m. huds, you are my new fav person on the boards.

i sense the sarcasm, and yet, still wish it would happen. laugh.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif

#28 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

I wouldnt object to any of them players..

#29 edicius

edicius

Professional drinker.

• HoF Booster
  • 25,212 posts

QUOTE(rick zombo @ December 6, 2007 - 02:13PM) View Post

Some players that could "realistically come here"

All are UFAs next year and are on non-playoff, or bubble teams right now.

Forwards:
Radim Vrbata, RW, PHX
Trent Hunter, RW, NYI
Vaclav Prospal, C, TBL
David Legwand, C, NAS
JP Dumont, R, NAS

Defense:
Jim Vandermeer, CHI
Nolan Pratt, Buf
Hal Gill, TOR *

*Don't laugh. He may be slow, He has the size missing on Detroit's blueline. He'd be easy to accquire, and Detroit have a steep history of turning washed up Leafs' defencemen into key role players)

I've crossed out the ones that I don't think are realistic, only because of inter-divisional trades being a rarity. When they actually become UFAs, perhaps, but not before then.

ABV_sig.png

Can't listen live? Check out MoreLikeRadio.org for show archives!

#30 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:33 PM

QUOTE(edicius @ December 6, 2007 - 04:23PM) View Post

I've crossed out the ones that I don't think are realistic, only because of inter-divisional trades being a rarity. When they actually become UFAs, perhaps, but not before then.

What about the Jason Williams deal last year? A Vandermeer trade seems more unlikely due to the fact that I see him as a player Chicago would like to hang on to. But it's at least a possibilty.

#31 Dabura

Dabura

Everydayer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,120 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 02:37 PM

QUOTE(omnipotent_hudler @ December 6, 2007 - 03:09PM) View Post
Immediately as the confetti falls and the crowd roars Steve Yzerman jumps from the rafters, pulling a rope down with him that raises NUMBER NINETY ONE to the rafters while choirs of angels sing Fedorovs name to the heavens...

I laughed.

Oh how I laughed.

Don't Toews me, bro!

#32 Zymz

Zymz

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 79 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:03 PM

Unless there's a deal offered that Kenny just can't refuse, I don't see him making a big splash this year in trades. The team's coming together and playing well, the demand for prospects and picks is insane, and the return on investment just isn't there. Sellers are gonna ask for the farm for 3 month rentals, and buyers are gonna mortgage their future for marginal improvements. Barring injuries (in which case Kenny might be forced to pull a trade), the current team is what we'll see in the playoffs, with maybe a minor tweak or two.

#33 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE(vangvace @ December 6, 2007 - 01:42PM) View Post

Here's my question on this point... They have 5 million left. What rental player(s) are there to be had for that and what small army are they willing to give up for those player(s) at the trade deadline?

Theyll use some, if not all of that space...it just might not be something as excitng as we think. The Wings could add a couple of players to take up that space. Consider this:

Trent Hunter and Satan for Samuelsson, a 2nd rounder, and a mid-level prospect
- The Wings get 2 UFAs not performing up to their potential. The Isles get cheap secondary scoring for next season and a couple bonuses. Again, its not exactly the best trade possible, but its realistic, cheap, and would give the Wings a decent sniper on the PP and a big body on the lower lines.

Jim Vandermeer for a 3rd round pick.
- The Wings get a reliable bottom-pairing Dman who knows his role as a stay at home Dman and is a big body to lock down small opposing forwards.

That would be about 4 million worth of cap space used up. No, its nothing particularly exciting, but it does flesh out the team. Not really any impact players involved, but a small upgrade on offense with Satan over Sammy, and a decent stay at home defenseman.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Homer
Hudler-Zetterberg-Satan
Cleary-Draper-Hunter
Maltby-Franzen-Kopecky
Drake - Downey - Ellis

Lids-Kronner
Raffi-Vandermeer
Cheli-Lebda
Lilja-Meech

One thing you have to consider is that, for a guy like Satan for example, a lot of playoff bound teams wont get into a bidding war for him because they wont have the cap space to. If youve only got limited cap space, and you need to add a top 6 forward, youll offer up the goodies for somebody cheaper, like Legwand, Dumont, Prospal, etc.

Other guys that the Wings might land that wouldnt be too exciting, but would be a slight upgrade for the Wings and would come cheap (depending on if said team is out of the playoffs or not): Comrie, Lapointe, Fedorov, Vyborny, Foote, Stuart, Ryder, Avery, Straka, Malone, Eaton, Orpik, Gratton, etc.
It is not your aptitude, but your attitude, that determines your altitude.

#34 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,283 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ December 6, 2007 - 05:11PM) View Post

Theyll use some, if not all of that space...it just might not be something as excitng as we think. The Wings could add a couple of players to take up that space. Consider this:

- The Wings get 2 UFAs not performing up to their potential. The Isles get cheap secondary scoring for next season and a couple bonuses. Again, its not exactly the best trade possible, but its realistic, cheap, and would give the Wings a decent sniper on the PP and a big body on the lower lines.

- The Wings get a reliable bottom-pairing Dman who knows his role as a stay at home Dman and is a big body to lock down small opposing forwards.

That would be about 4 million worth of cap space used up. No, its nothing particularly exciting, but it does flesh out the team. Not really any impact players involved, but a small upgrade on offense with Satan over Sammy, and a decent stay at home defenseman.

Filppula-Datsyuk-Homer
Hudler-Zetterberg-Satan
Cleary-Draper-Hunter
Maltby-Franzen-Kopecky
Drake - Downey - Ellis

Lids-Kronner
Raffi-Vandermeer
Cheli-Lebda
Lilja-Meech

One thing you have to consider is that, for a guy like Satan for example, a lot of playoff bound teams wont get into a bidding war for him because they wont have the cap space to. If youve only got limited cap space, and you need to add a top 6 forward, youll offer up the goodies for somebody cheaper, like Legwand, Dumont, Prospal, etc.

Other guys that the Wings might land that wouldnt be too exciting, but would be a slight upgrade for the Wings and would come cheap (depending on if said team is out of the playoffs or not): Comrie, Lapointe, Fedorov, Vyborny, Foote, Stuart, Ryder, Avery, Straka, Malone, Eaton, Orpik, Gratton, etc.

I agree with your theory.

I truly think that the Leafs would love to dump Gill for maybe evan a 3rd round pick. He's a + player on the Leafs this season and although he's slow, he'd be good paired with Lebda or even Chelios.

Up front, it's harder to envision who would be an upgrade on the 2nd line. Maybe Satan or Vrbata to play on the right side. Trading Sammy would free up some cap sapce next year.

Zetterberg - Datsyuk - Homer
Hudler - Filpulla - Satan
Maltby - Draper - Cleary
Franzen - Kopecky - Drake/Elllis/Downey

Lidstrom Rafalski
Kronwall Lilja
Gill Chelios
Lebda

Hasek/Osgood

#35 jaytan

jaytan

1st Line All-Star

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:47 PM

I don't really expect the team to do much of anything at the deadline.... Though they definitely should. We have holes to fill and everyone in the league knows it.
Hail Jaytan!

#36 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:52 PM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ December 6, 2007 - 03:11PM) View Post

Hunter/Satan for Sammy and a Draft Pick?
Sure..Make it happen but can we afford it? do they got big contracts?

Vandermeer for a 3rd?
sure, vendermeer is naise.

#37 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Grittzkey @ December 6, 2007 - 12:00PM) View Post

here are some players i would like for us to get in a trade biggrin.gif

Jared Boll
Eric Godard
Riley Cote
George Parros
Derek Boogaard
David Koci

Just to name a few..

What's the point of getting any of those guys now that Lilja is destroying people again. He could lick any of those cream puffs.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#38 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 03:57 PM

QUOTE(Grittzkey @ December 6, 2007 - 03:52PM) View Post

Hunter/Satan for Sammy and a Draft Pick?
Sure..Make it happen but can we afford it? do they got big contracts?

Vandermeer for a 3rd?
sure, vendermeer is naise.

No. Hunter and Satan....for Sammy AND a draft pick AND a mid-level prospect.

Satan makes 4.5M, Hunter makes 1.5. Together thats 6M, which at the deadline would be around closer to around 2M. Vandermeers and Sammys cap hits would more or less cancel each other out.

#39 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,954 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:09 PM

QUOTE(YoungGuns1340 @ December 6, 2007 - 02:57PM) View Post

No. Hunter and Satan....for Sammy AND a draft pick AND a mid-level prospect.

Satan makes 4.5M, Hunter makes 1.5. Together thats 6M, which at the deadline would be around closer to around 2M. Vandermeers and Sammys cap hits would more or less cancel each other out.

Oh sure. I'm positive the Islanders would be overjoyed with such a deal. Not. I know this is the same organization that traded Olli Jokinen away for crap, but do you really think they'd want Sammy for a top 6 forward, and a young guy who's shown that he can score 20 goals? I don't.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#40 YoungGuns1340

YoungGuns1340

Johan and Henrik

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,501 posts

Posted 06 December 2007 - 04:31 PM

QUOTE(GMRwings1983 @ December 6, 2007 - 04:09PM) View Post

Oh sure. I'm positive the Islanders would be overjoyed with such a deal. Not. I know this is the same organization that traded Olli Jokinen away for crap, but do you really think they'd want Sammy for a top 6 forward, and a young guy who's shown that he can score 20 goals? I don't.

Yeah, actually when you consider that Satan and Sammy are on pace for the same number of points, and that this is the 2nd year both Hunter and Satan have underperformed, then yes. Also, when you consider that Comrie, Vasicek, Fedotenko, Hunter, and Satan are ALL UFAs next year, it would be nice for NYI to have a secondary scorer under contract. Sammy can put up just as many points as Fedotenko - if not more with good minutes - and hell cost nearly 60% less than what Fedotenko is costing the Isles right now.

And if NYI is so upset over losing two soon to be UFAs, Im sure it wouldnt be a problem for Detroit to throw Franzen into the mix.

As for the trade itself, you have to consider where these guys will fall on the market. The majority of teams that want to add a top 6 forward AND are playoff bound AND have the cap space to absorb an even subsidized 4.5M salary are limited. Then factor in all the other forwards out there who could be available that provide equal or better assets than Satan does with a cap hit that teams can actually afford. Prospal, Legwand, Dumont, Ryder, Vyborny, Stoll, Brunette, Nagy, etc. All this guys can put up or are putting up similar or better numbers to Satan and cost less.

At any rate, Detroit may need to add a conditional pick, Franzen, or another lower pick to swing the deal, but the point is they dont have to break the bank to modify their roster for the better.

Edited by YoungGuns1340, 06 December 2007 - 04:37 PM.