• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
dgodzina

Dave Strader sighting

Rate this topic

While going from game to game on Center Ice Online tonight, I noticed that good ol' Dave Strader, former Red Wings and ESPN play by play guy, is doing games from the Coyotes on FSN Arizona alongside former ESPN analyst Darren Pang.

Thought that was an interesting tidbit.

I always wondered what happened to the ESPN guys.........

indeed..

they'res nothing quite like Pangs verbal orgasms every time something even remotely interesting happens...

:lol:

Regardless, I've always liked Panger. He's a great hockey personality and seems like an all-around fan of the game rather than favoring any team in particular (which can't be said about a good amount of sportscasters).

It was great when I moved here and saw Strader doing the play-by-plays. I started thinking of a more simple era where people watched a network called PASS.

As for Panger, I couldn't say enough good things about him. Sucks his playing career ended as soon as it began, but he works a microphone well. That's a fact.

I think they're the opposite of the Ken-Mickey tandem. Like Cicada pointed out, Pang's the enthusiastic color commentator while Strater's the play-by-play guy and general "straight man". In Detroit, Mickey's the no-nonsense color commentator while Ken Daniels pretty much clips the microphone whenever he does the play by play (seriously, how many times have you guys heard "GREAT STOP OSGOOD!" or "SCOOOOOOOOORE! HENDRIK ZETTERBERG!!!!!" from Ken Daniels? I still say the best was "PUT THAT IN YOUR HIGHLIGHT REEL!" when Datsyuk scored that goal on Turco.)

It was great when I moved here and saw Strader doing the play-by-plays. I started thinking of a more simple era where people watched a network called PASS.

As for Panger, I couldn't say enough good things about him. Sucks his playing career ended as soon as it began, but he works a microphone well. That's a fact.

I think they're the opposite of the Ken-Mickey tandem. Like Cicada pointed out, Pang's the enthusiastic color commentator while Strater's the play-by-play guy and general "straight man". In Detroit, Mickey's the no-nonsense color commentator while Ken Daniels pretty much clips the microphone whenever he does the play by play (seriously, how many times have you guys heard "GREAT STOP OSGOOD!" or "SCOOOOOOOOORE! HENDRIK ZETTERBERG!!!!!" from Ken Daniels? I still say the best was "PUT THAT IN YOUR HIGHLIGHT REEL!" when Datsyuk scored that goal on Turco.)

Good ol' PASS. I like both Strader and Daniels for different reasons, but remember the clown who did play by play between the two for one season, Mike Goldberg? He was horrible!