• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
revnic

Langenbrunner new NJ captain

Rate this topic

Just found out that Langenbrunner has been appointed the new captin of the Devils. I though that Elias was the captin....at least he was last year. Didn't notice he wasn't this year....or did he get stripped of it? Anyone know the details here?

Perhaps Elias is being shopped around for a trade?

I know Phoenix is looking for some scoring punch- not to mention some veteran presence to help the youngsters.

Him going to Phoenix would really help them out. That pick up alone could very well turn them into a playoff team.

I don't know though, I could see Elias getting captaincy taken away because he wasn't a good one. When they first gave him captain I kind of scratched my head. He's the best offensive player on the team, just not the best leader.

I heard a little something about this watching a Devils game on Center Ice a few days ago, all I remember them saying was they gave him the C a few days before when the Devils were in the middle of a winning streak, so that there would not be pressure on him to turn around a losing streak or anything. but thats really all I remember

here is a little story I found about it link

Same thing happened to Modano in Dallas and everyone thought he would be traded but he's still there. Must feel kind of wierd though to still be with a team as an "ex-captain".