• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 VenuPix

VenuPix

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 07 December 2007 - 11:32 PM

Hello to all,

My name is Larry, and I'm assisting Karen in planning and promoting her holiday show this year. For those of you who don't know Karen Newman does what we have dubbed the "HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR" for 7 years now at the Andiamo Showroom in Warren.

For two nights, December 19 and 20th you can come out and enjoy one of the most festive FAMILY ORIENTED holiday shows in Metro Detroit. Most of you know "Christmas Eve on Woodward Avenue" but Karen's holiday CD and show are full of some amazing songs and fun.

We have set up a MYSPACE page for Karen at www.myspace.com/karennewmanmusic as well as her normal website which is www.karennewman.com

I invite each and every one of you to visit the sites, check out the holiday music and hopefully we will see some of you at the holiday show this year. You can purchase tickets at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom box office at 586-268-3200.

I'm sorry that I'm "slighlty" off topic from hockey itself, but I thought this was something that many of you might be interested in, and besides... Karen has been a wings treasure for 18 seasons now.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at larry@venupix.com
My thanks for your attention

Larry Garcia

IPB Image

Edited by VenuPix, 07 December 2007 - 11:37 PM.

#2 oldredbarnman

oldredbarnman

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:19 AM

Whoop-dee-do. Everybody save your money for something else. 18 years of putting up with this....? That's a long time to suffer. Please Mike, all I want for Christmas is a new national anthem singer. BTW, she is no treasure.

#3 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:22 AM

Is that special guest Roberto Luongo?
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#4 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 11:10 AM

how old is she?
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#5 VenuPix

VenuPix

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 06:10 PM

QUOTE(VenuPix @ December 7, 2007 - 11:32PM) View Post

Hello to all,

My name is Larry, and I'm assisting Karen in planning and promoting her holiday show this year. For those of you who don't know Karen Newman does what we have dubbed the "HOLIDAY SPECTACULAR" for 7 years now at the Andiamo Showroom in Warren.

For two nights, December 19 and 20th you can come out and enjoy one of the most festive FAMILY ORIENTED holiday shows in Metro Detroit. Most of you know "Christmas Eve on Woodward Avenue" but Karen's holiday CD and show are full of some amazing songs and fun.

We have set up a MYSPACE page for Karen at www.myspace.com/karennewmanmusic as well as her normal website which is www.karennewman.com

I invite each and every one of you to visit the sites, check out the holiday music and hopefully we will see some of you at the holiday show this year. You can purchase tickets at www.ticketmaster.com or by calling the Andiamo Celebrity Showroom box office at 586-268-3200.

I'm sorry that I'm "slighlty" off topic from hockey itself, but I thought this was something that many of you might be interested in, and besides... Karen has been a wings treasure for 18 seasons now.

If anyone has any questions, feel free to email me at larry@venupix.com
My thanks for your attention

Larry Garcia

IPB Image

QUOTE(oldredbarnman @ December 8, 2007 - 06:19AM) View Post

Whoop-dee-do. Everybody save your money for something else. 18 years of putting up with this....? That's a long time to suffer. Please Mike, all I want for Christmas is a new national anthem singer. BTW, she is no treasure.

Redbarnman - The great part about America is that everyone is entitled to an opinion. even the emotionally and intellectually challenged. The easiest way to get a new anthem singer is for you to move to another city. If the show isn't your cup of tea, thats fine, I don't think you would add much to an audience anyway...

#6 DetroitIan

DetroitIan

^^^^ The Dark Defender

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 08 December 2007 - 10:03 PM

I don't know how she does it. You would think she's gonna have an off-day. But she never does. Good for her.
What time is it??? IT'S HOMER TIME!!!

Yzerman is God.

LGWer since June '02.

#7 aflac9262

aflac9262

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,368 posts

Posted 09 December 2007 - 03:25 AM

Would have been nice to not spam the forums. You know you can always pay to advertise at this site.

Edited by aflac9262, 09 December 2007 - 03:26 AM.

#8 VenuPix

VenuPix

Draftee

• 2 posts

Posted 10 December 2007 - 11:36 AM

QUOTE(aflac9262 @ December 9, 2007 - 03:25AM) View Post

Would have been nice to not spam the forums. You know you can always pay to advertise at this site.

I honestly never considered it "Spamming" the board. I thought it was as much informational as it is commercial. I also looked on the board and saw many posts regarding things for sale, etc before I thought about posting.

And as like every other type of post, hopefully the subject header will either entice people to view or ignore. One of the beauties about forums and such media is that it allows people to choose what they are subjected to, nothing is rammed down their throats..

The moderator moved this topic from General Discussion to Water Cooler, and I hope that they saw the value in such a message.

Karen and I were in a pretty serious car accident on the way to the game last night... as many of you know the roads got pretty nasty there for a while.. her car was totally disabled and it was only with the kind efforts and thoughts of a commander of the Detroit Police Dept that we even made it to the game with time for her to sing.

#9 Yzerfan1999

Yzerfan1999

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 11:26 PM

Do you think any Wings player has even 'gotten with' Karen Newman? She looks like Maltby or Draper's type.

That would be cute huh?

IPB Image
IPB Image
When you lose, say little. When you win, say less.

--Thanks for the Sig. Offsides--

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users