• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tiribulus

enough is ENUFF! Crosby

Rate this topic

I actually like the guy. I didn't think it was possible but I believe the practical worship being heaped on his head is overrating him. It's the incessant over the top hype that's getting on my nerves, not Crosby himself.

What is sooo horrible about him that you use a word like hate? He whined a couple times? Give me a break. The media blows everything he does out of proportion including that. Every player complains ("whines"). He did it a few times in a year and he's labeled a whiner. It's pathetic. Don't hate the player, hate the media for hyping him up so much.

OK, I just wanted to take this opportunity to report that I am now officially tired of hearing about Sydney Crosby :crazy:

:violin:

He's one of the most popular players right now, and is arguably the face of the NHL. If you want the NHL to be more popular and recognizable to casual fans, we need to hear more about him and for him to do good.

:violin:

He's one of the most popular players right now, and is arguably the face of the NHL. If you want the NHL to be more popular and recognizable to casual fans, we need to hear more about him and for him to do good.

That is true, but I can't help but agree and say I'm tired of hearing about him.

"Here is the highlight of Sidney Crosby scoring another amazing goal. Did you see that folks?! He wasn't even looking at the net when he shot that!! What a goal."

What really happened? Crosby was trying to dump the puck behind the net. It hit a skate, then the dman's foot, off the ref, and finally off the goaltenders skate and in.

Yeah, I know it's an exaggeration, but you get the idea. He is made out to be perfect, and does no wrong. I see a lot of Crosby as my buddy is a Pens fan. He doesn't do anything more amazing than the things Pav or Z do, he just gets more hype for doing them. I get that the NHL needs to ***** Crosby out for ratings, but it got old about 3 games in to the preseason his rookie year, maybe less than that.

Didn't like him his rookie year, don't mind him too much these days and he has done a lot for the popularity of the sport, eventhough i think other stars with the same attention could have done the same..... that said, I am sick of constantly hearing about Crosby. Countless TV specials, interviews, commercials, webpage articles, etc have gone a little far.... but thats sports for you, find something the people like and then play it out until everyone hates it, then move on to the next thing

You know who I hate? Alexander Semin.......My bro talks about him all the ******* time. Its like "dude shut up, the guy has only played what 2 games this season?" he is like the Caps Kronwall.

Crosby is pretty decent at hockey

Guest DetroitIan

Sidney is the man. Go drink your haterade. And i'll continue to watch a great player.

Bow to the Wizard of Cros!!!

Guest DetroitIan

Penalty Shot for Mr.Crosby in OT.

They're trying to give Sid more time to rest.

Guest DetroitIan

Loungo with the save.

I think we'll see the rematch in a SO.

Going to a shootout.

Kesler shot saved by Saborin

Christenson scores on Loungo.

Morrison misses net.

Sykora really misses the net.

It's weird, but watching Pittsburgh in the third period and overtime, they kind of reminded me of a less talented version of the Wings. I mean, they seem to be trying to play the same puck possession game the Wings play. It was strange watching them break up the ice as a unit, methodically- it was like watching the Wings.

Anyway...

Guest DetroitIan

Ruutu misses the net.

Naslund gets stoned by Saborin.

Malkin gets stoned by Loungo.

Saborin stops Daniel Sedin.

Guest DetroitIan

Letang scores on Loungo. Pretty sweet goal.

What happens if they run out of shooters?

I guess they would have to re-start the cycle. EIther that, or pray that they never are in that situation. lol.

People said the same things about Gretzky and Lemieux. They were sick of "hearing about those guys". There are always haters. Really though. At some point you have to aknowledge his ability.

Also: Yzerman cried and yapped to the officials as much as crosby does. And nobody here, including myself, ever had a problem with that.

So go easy on Sidney everyone. He's good for the game. And he's only 20. What were you doing when you were 20?