• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
CAredwingsfan91

Spectors Hockey.

Rate this topic

So I've read his stuff for a couple of years now, my dad hates the guy haha and doesn't believe a word he posts on his site. I still don't know what to think of him. Here are a couple I just found about our Wings...

Detroit Red Wings captain Nicklas Lidstrom last week denied a report that the Swedish players on the club talked to Toronto Maple Leafs captain Mats Sundin about joining them at the trade deadline. Garrioch claims the Swedish Wings have privately discussed it and believe Sundin would be a good fit.

Spector's Note: Obviously he would be. He'd also be a good fit with 28 other NHL teams. For the record, Sundin said he wants to remain a Leaf so until he changes his mind any further trade speculation about him is pointless.

Atlanta Thrashers forward Marian Hossa apparently isn't in a hurry to re-sign with the club preferring to see what improvements the team makes. Ottawa and Detroit might be interested if he hits the trade block.

Spector's Note: Lots of teams will have interest in Hossa, but thus far it remains to be seen if he'll be moved. The Thrashers have made significant improvement since October and if they're still in the playoff picture by the trade deadline Hossa won't be dealt.

Too me hes never really delivered on anything hes posted I know he gets his stuff from other websites and all but eh I've never entirely belived anything hes ever posted what do you guys think??

I mean all he does is compile rumors/speculation from other sources (newspapers, magazines, blogs, etc.) and gives his own analysis.

It's not like he makes these things up.

i'd take spector over that eklund half wif anyday

Spector is much better than E5. He doesn't do the <insert player name> will be dealt, im hearing either a team from the east or the west, more to come........

Spector is much better than E5. He doesn't do the <insert player name> will be dealt, im hearing either a team from the east or the west, more to come........

yah eklund is a joke .. my "source' is telling me something big is going on in MTL .. possibly SJ and MTL im not sure .. stay tuned for details .. also i like when he says his "source" wont release names or ANY other info at this time .. OR the best one i see everyother day is Yah OTT and TOR had a trade in place but it never went down b/c they couldnt reach an amount

I mean all he does is compile rumors/speculation from other sources (newspapers, magazines, blogs, etc.) and gives his own analysis.

It's not like he makes these things up.

QFT. Spector's site is as good as it gets -- Lyle only reports what has already has been posted via news agencies or on tv/radio -- as far as a rumor clearinghouse.

Guest lnvincible

I think hossa would be worth the price no doubt. Teams pay the players to score and for there defence of play.

just saw this over at spectors.....

Bruce Garrioch reports the following:

- San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson is among the most active GMs seeking a trade. He's believed interested in LA Kings blueliner Rob Blake but the Kings asking price is said to be a player, number one pick and a prospect. The Rangers, Avalanche, Red Wings and Senators are also rumored to have made inquiries about Blake.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: If that truly is the Kings asking price Blake won't be going anywhere, not with this year's draft expected to be a deep one.

seems a bit much for a rental although i am coming around to the idea of Blake being a good addition. what would you be willing to give up (or not give up) for this to happen??? i suppose id lean towards not pulling the trigger on this one but id hate to see us go down 2 of our top D men in the WCF again <_<

plus it would suck if the sharks got him and we didnt, it would sure improve their team

Edited by scotvm

Spectors is more accurate than any person I've seen on the internet. Granted a lot of his info comes from others but he blows Eklund out of the water.

The Wings don't need Hossa. Correction the Wings would like Hossa but what it would cost is not worth Hossa.
I disagree. I would much rather shell out for Hossa than Sundin. Hossa is still relatively young (6 months younger than Datsyuk) and if signed to a long term contract he would be worth the hefty asking price in my opnion.

I disagree. I would much rather shell out for Hossa than Sundin. Hossa is still relatively young (6 months younger than Datsyuk) and if signed to a long term contract he would be worth the hefty asking price in my opnion.

My tune has really changed on the whole Hossa issue. Three months ago I was against it, but now that the cap is rumored to go up to 54M next year, its apparent that our goaltending situation will likely cost little more than 2M, and our defense is going to change little, id be all for a Hossa trade because I think wed be able to re-sign him. Itd probably cost us Hudler or Filppula (plus picks and prospects of course), but Id take Hossa for the next 5 years over Hudler and Flip any day. There are really no holes in Hossas game. I think by the time Zetterbergs new contract kicked in, the cap will probably at least be up to 55M, so that shouldnt be an issue as well. Not to mention Hossa is exactly the type of player thatll solidify your PP.

just saw this over at spectors.....

Bruce Garrioch reports the following:

- San Jose Sharks GM Doug Wilson is among the most active GMs seeking a trade. He's believed interested in LA Kings blueliner Rob Blake but the Kings asking price is said to be a player, number one pick and a prospect. The Rangers, Avalanche, Red Wings and Senators are also rumored to have made inquiries about Blake.

SPECTOR'S NOTE: If that truly is the Kings asking price Blake won't be going anywhere, not with this year's draft expected to be a deep one.

seems a bit much for a rental although i am coming around to the idea of Blake being a good addition. what would you be willing to give up (or not give up) for this to happen??? i suppose id lean towards not pulling the trigger on this one but id hate to see us go down 2 of our top D men in the WCF again <_<

plus it would suck if the sharks got him and we didnt, it would sure improve their team

Im warming up to Blake, too, now that his game has gotten back almost to his Colorado days. Hes been pretty physical lately and has been picking his spots nicely. As for what wed have to give up, the beauty of landing Blake is his NTC and the fact that hes basically already stated that hes going to re-sign with LA in the off-season. So no team is going to bet the farm on a guy that they know theyre only getting for a couple months. Not to mention, Blake has made it clear he wants to be traded so he can win a cup. In my mind, that limits the teams quite a bit and if Im Blake, im not even sure Id waive my NTC to go to San Jose if the cup is the one thing on my mind, given their offensive woes. Of all teams, Id probably be thinking Ottawa, Detroit and Anaheim, but Anaheim is definitely out of the picture and Ottawas #1 concern seems to be another top 6 forward. Now, Im NOT saying Detroit is going to be the only one with access to Blake, but I am guessing that LA isnt going to get the player/1st/prospect deal that theyre dogging for with Blake so intent on being trading for a last chance at the cup.

Look, f***ers... Blake is only worth it if LA will give him up at a reasonable price. With a no-trade clause, he should WANT to go to a contender, and if LA wants him to win one, they'll not ask a ridiculous price for him.

I'd rather have a depth defenseman, but I completely understand the desire for another forward. We could surely use powerplay depth, but a lot of that has to do with a defenseman. Anything to keep Sammy off of the backline.

The question is, how much are the Wings willing to give up to improve their chances?