• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official MMA Thread

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Pretty decisive win for Danzig. He basically dominated the competition during the entire show. And the one guy who looked like he might be able to stop him, got beat down within minutes. Danzig being the clear winner. Although I don't really like the guy's personality. But he can certainly fight. And what an amazing fight between Huerta and Guida. Clay was completely dominating that fight before Huerta choked him out. Huge comback by Roger. I can't wait to see that eventual rematch. UFC 79 should be pretty interesting. I expect Wanderlei Silva to dominate Liddell. But I hope Chuck can make it a good fight.

Edited by DetroitIan

Pretty decisive win for Danzig. He basically dominated the competition during the entire show. And the one guy who looked like he might be able to stop him, got beat down within minutes. Danzig being the clear winner. Although I don't really like the guy's personality. But he can certainly fight. And what an amazing fight between Huerta and Guida. Clay was completely dominating that fight before Huerta choked him out. Huge comback by Roger. I can't wait to see that eventual rematch. UFC 79 should be pretty interesting. I expect Anderson Silva to dominate Liddell. But I hope Chuck can make it a good fight.

Um your wrong on that. There in 2 different weight groups... Ice man is fighting the Axe murder

Guest DetroitIan

Um your wrong on that. There in 2 different weight groups... Ice man is fighting the Axe murder

Yeah my bad. Just a typo. Must have had Anderson on the brain. lol I'll have to fix it.

Guest DetroitIan

It's official. Forrest Griffen and Rampage Jackson will be the coaches on the next Ultimate Fighter. Which means they will end up fighting each other sometime after the show. Im sure Rampage will get the victory. But I sure hope Forrest can make it a fight., and not a beatdown.

It's official. Forrest Griffen and Rampage Jackson will be the coaches on the next Ultimate Fighter. Which means they will end up fighting each other sometime after the show. Im sure Rampage will get the victory. But I sure hope Forrest can make it a fight., and not a beatdown.

Yeah should be a good show. It comes out in April the show.. Im pretty sure Rampage is going to kick the s*** out of Forrest, though he's a tough guy and im not taking anything away from Forrest at all

Man that is awesome. I always loved Rampage.

J-ROCK - WARMACHINE was the best fight that night.. im pissed i liked J-ROck. expecially when he flipps out about someone pulling an upper decker in the toiley *when you poop in the top part of the toilet*

anyway.. anyone watch the wec fight tonight? Jens Pulver raped Cub Swanson.. Sick.. i loved it.. Jens is my fave fighter fer shure.. has been for awhile now..

Rampage/Forrest.. should be instense.. but TUF is getting annoying to much girrly drama around the houses. not enough mma.

i was just finna make a post about mma in general.. but someone beat me to the punch..

kekekek

J-ROCK - WARMACHINE was the best fight that night.. im pissed i liked J-ROck. expecially when he flipps out about someone pulling an upper decker in the toiley *when you poop in the top part of the toilet*

anyway.. anyone watch the wec fight tonight? Jens Pulver raped Cub Swanson.. Sick.. i loved it.. Jens is my fave fighter fer shure.. has been for awhile now..

Rampage/Forrest.. should be instense.. but TUF is getting annoying to much girrly drama around the houses. not enough mma.

i was just finna make a post about mma in general.. but someone beat me to the punch..

kekekek

Jens Pulver got tapped out by BJ Penn if you remember correctly.. Im not a fan of him

Guest DetroitIan

Pulver was a good fighter, not anymore.

He's still pretty good. But I don't think he's UFC good anymore. But ya never know, he may go back to his old form some day. But I wouldn't count on it. He's still a fun fighter to watch.

He's still pretty good. But I don't think he's UFC good anymore. But ya never know, he may go back to his old form some day. But I wouldn't count on it. He's still a fun fighter to watch.

I guess i should of added to my previous post, and said that's why he's not in the UFC anymore. But at least he's still fighting in WEC... But I can say this PPV at the end of the month should be a good one, well at least on "paper" it is

Just because he isnt in the UFC dosnt mean he isnt a good fighter. He may not be the best anymore, but you gotta respect his life growing up. and how easily he could of gave up being in his circumstances, but he percivered*sp* and made himself into a darned good fighter..

Wanderlei Silva lost to Vitor Belfort in 44 second knockout..

Great fighters loose fights..it happens.. just like Cub Swanson, he was probaly the better fighter, but jens has loads more experience and just caught cub shooting, and choked him out..thangs happen

Just because he isnt in the UFC dosnt mean he isnt a good fighter. He may not be the best anymore, but you gotta respect his life growing up. and how easily he could of gave up being in his circumstances, but he percivered*sp* and made himself into a darned good fighter..

Wanderlei Silva lost to Vitor Belfort in 44 second knockout..

Great fighters loose fights..it happens.. just like Cub Swanson, he was probaly the better fighter, but jens has loads more experience and just caught cub shooting, and choked him out..thangs happen

Oh I agree with your post. Heck look at Liddell he wasn't suppost to lose but did.. Like you said the great fighters even lose fights.. Maybe we'll see Pulver back in the UFC

I doubt we'll see Jens back in the UFC, If i remember right, WEC has a weight division lighter then what the UFC has. and Jens feels more comfortbale at a lowerweight. anywho.

Who are your current favorite fighters..

Mine are.

-----------

Jens Pulver.

Melvin Guillard.

Rampage Jackson.

Tim Sylvia.

Matt Hughes.

Guest DetroitIan

Rampage Jackson

Forrest Griffen

Randy Couture

Rashad Evans

Roger Huerta(the guy never has a dull fight, ever)

Goerges St. Pierre

Chuck Liddell(still love the guy, love his style)

Guest DetroitIan

which one you like better Shamrock or Ortiz?

Tough to say. Depends on if we're comparing both of their primes, or if we're comparing them both as of right now. If we're comparing their primes, I would have to say Shamrock gets the edge. When Ken was in his prime he was pretty dominant. And he faced every top contender(including Gracie in his prime). And Ken has had the belt several times. Tito has had some tough losses lately. He got smoked by Liddell. And most MMA fans agree that the draw against Rashad should have been another loss for Ortiz. But I think Ortiz still has some potential to get better.

If we're comparing Ken and Tito as of right now, it's a no brainer. With age, Shamrock has almost completely lost his game. He's just doesn't have it anymore. So currently I would wanna see an Ortiz fight, over any fight invloving Shamrock. It would be like wanting to watch a high school hockey game over an NHL game. Ortiz is that much better right now. Ken really needs to hang em up. End the embarrassment.

i forgot about evans.. hes fun to watch..

Since none of us sed Ken or Tito..

take your pick..

which one you like better Shamrock or Ortiz?

What about Frank shamrock :P

And i've never liked Tito, instead of fighting he's doing that apprentice show