• Please log in to reply
146 replies to this topic

#81 YzermanForever19

YzermanForever19

Dynasty

• Restricted
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 11:57 AM

Anderson Silva is unstoppable. Not sure who they can even get to compete against him. The only way to challenge this guy is for him to fight at a higher weightclass or something. Cause he's tearing up everyone in site. Including dominating Dan Henderson. Looking forward to seeing his next bout.

Overall UFC 82 was a good card. Even the preliminaries were exciting. Fight night live is gonna be a good card as well. Can't wait for Kenflow Vs. Joe Lauzon. That's gonna be a war.

- Ian

Edited by YzermanForever19, 07 March 2008 - 11:58 AM.

#82 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 07 March 2008 - 03:29 PM

Im really stoked for UFC 83, as GSP is fighting on his home soil.. Us Canadians are going to go nuts for him thumbup.gif
IPB Image

#83 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts
  • Location:A dimly lit hallway where shadows of moths decorate the walls

Posted 18 March 2008 - 11:27 PM

Anyone else really looking forward to GSP vs. Serra 2, but kind of disappointed by the rest of the card? Just seems like Zuffa knew they had a solid gold marquee main event so they kind of half-assed the rest of the card.

Granted seeing GSP regain the WW title alone would be worth the price of admission to me.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#84 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 04:54 PM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ March 18, 2008 - 09:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Anyone else really looking forward to GSP vs. Serra 2, but kind of disappointed by the rest of the card? Just seems like Zuffa knew they had a solid gold marquee main event so they kind of half-assed the rest of the card.

Granted seeing GSP regain the WW title alone would be worth the price of admission to me.

It's an alright fight.. But im just happy to see GSP fight on his home soil thumbup.gif
IPB Image

#85 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 02:49 PM

Free fight night on spike tv tonight.. Not a bad card either
IPB Image

#86 Hank=FutureCaptain

Hank=FutureCaptain

I Blaze Hydro Buds

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (wingslogo19 @ April 2, 2008 - 03:49PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Free fight night on spike tv tonight.. Not a bad card either

Not bad at ALL. The main event is gonna be so bad ass. Florian Vs Lauzon. I almost can't even predict this one. I could easily see either guy winning. I'm pumped for this one!

#87 Hank=FutureCaptain

Hank=FutureCaptain

I Blaze Hydro Buds

• Restricted
  • Pip
  • 197 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 08:13 PM

Great fights so far. And more to come...

#88 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 02:53 PM

This Saturday from the Bell Center in Montreal... GSP VS SIERRA... f*** I can't wait for this fight
IPB Image

#89 Mac4Life25

Mac4Life25

Jr. Prospect

• Restricted
  • 26 posts

Posted 15 April 2008 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (wingslogo19 @ April 15, 2008 - 03:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
This Saturday from the Bell Center in Montreal... GSP VS SIERRA... f*** I can't wait for this fight

So many people underestimate Matt SERRA. But I am not one of them. I've seen this guy fight in person. And he's the real deal. Although, I do think GSP will get the decision. But its gonna be way closer than a lot of people think. It won't surprise me at all if Serra takes his belt back.

#90 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 18 April 2008 - 09:58 AM

QUOTE (Mac4Life25 @ April 15, 2008 - 01:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So many people underestimate Matt SERRA. But I am not one of them. I've seen this guy fight in person. And he's the real deal. Although, I do think GSP will get the decision. But its gonna be way closer than a lot of people think. It won't surprise me at all if Serra takes his belt back.

I'am not underestimating Matt this time at all. That being said GSP loved to fight underpressure and I think being on his home soil in Montreal will help, I don't think any of the fans will being cheering for Matt at all.. GO GSP

As well Rich Ace Franklin will be fighting against Travis Luder
IPB Image

#91 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:36 AM

Im definitely not saying Serra's a bad fighter or anything, but i'll be shocked if GSP doesnt blow right through him.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#92 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 19 April 2008 - 11:42 AM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ March 19, 2008 - 12:27AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Agreed, i just looked at the rest of the card and its pathetic. They do things like boxing now, 1 marquee fight and a bunch of crappy undercard fights. I miss the days where cards used to be stacked and there'd be 3 or 4 fights you were looking forward to.
Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

#93 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 12:24 AM

QUOTE (Lou_Siffer @ April 19, 2008 - 12:42PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Agreed, i just looked at the rest of the card and its pathetic. They do things like boxing now, 1 marquee fight and a bunch of crappy undercard fights. I miss the days where cards used to be stacked and there'd be 3 or 4 fights you were looking forward to.

On the plus side the next card has a pretty strong trio of headliners between Penn/Sherk, Ortiz/Machida, and Silva/Jardine.

Though on a side note, congratulations to GSP in re-obtaining the welter weight title defeating Matt Serra in dominating fashion. The entire weight division is now officially his. Aside from Fitch I don't even see another logical match up for him that'd even be remotely competitive.
God put me on earth to do a certain number of things. Right now I'm so far behind I'll never die.

#94 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 20 April 2008 - 11:01 AM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ April 20, 2008 - 01:24AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
On the plus side the next card has a pretty strong trio of headliners between Penn/Sherk, Ortiz/Machida, and Silva/Jardine.

Though on a side note, congratulations to GSP in re-obtaining the welter weight title defeating Matt Serra in dominating fashion. The entire weight division is now officially his. Aside from Fitch I don't even see another logical match up for him that'd even be remotely competitive.

Yeah, that one definitely does sound better.

As i said, GSP blew right through Serra tongue.gif Honestly, him winning the first time was a total fluke and had everything to do with GSP not being ready. He isnt in the same league as GSP, i think he'd lose to all of Hughes, Fitch, Koscheck, and Sanchez as well to name a few imo.

#95 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 12:34 PM

GSP, he looked very good and I knew he would get his belt back.. I think they said that Serra and Hughes were going to fight now.. My guess is that Fitch gets a title shot now
IPB Image

#96 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (wingslogo19 @ April 21, 2008 - 01:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
GSP, he looked very good and I knew he would get his belt back.. I think they said that Serra and Hughes were going to fight now.. My guess is that Fitch gets a title shot now

From what I understand you are correct, further romours suggest if Serra beats Hughes and GSP beats Fitch they'll have a rubber match in the States.

However, this was the best moment of the night...

...for the record I am now a Nate Quarry fan.

#97 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 02:43 PM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ April 21, 2008 - 12:22PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
From what I understand you are correct, further romours suggest if Serra beats Hughes and GSP beats Fitch they'll have a rubber match in the States.

However, this was the best moment of the night...

...for the record I am now a Nate Quarry fan.

Im thinking that Hughes will beat Serra, and GSP will beat Fitch.. Im curious to see if GSP will move up a weight category
IPB Image

#98 wingslogo19

wingslogo19

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,234 posts

Posted 21 May 2008 - 06:24 PM

UFC PPV this weekend. Any thoughts about this one?
IPB Image

#99 Vincanni

Vincanni

SCORPION DEATH LOCK!

• Bronze Booster
  • 3,956 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 10:51 PM

Holy crap, Anyone watching this EliteXC BS? I refuse to watch another Kimbo fight again. The guys not even top 100 and he wins the single worst stoppage in MMA history after a gift stand-up when Thompson had him in side mount, and lands a few powerless forearm punches for a stoppage after Thompson starts reengaging him? I thought his Bo Cantrell fight was an embarrassingly obvious work but this blows the roof off of that.

In all seriousness Kimbo wouldn't beat a single guy in the UFC. A totally gassed Thompson who's a crappy MMAer in his own right and even worse on the ground takes him down easily? Please, he's an embarrassment to the sport and EliteXc should be ashamed.

#100 seeinred

seeinred

Teemu!

• HoF Booster
  • 7,812 posts

Posted 31 May 2008 - 11:02 PM

QUOTE (Vincanni @ May 31, 2008 - 11:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Holy crap, Anyone watching this EliteXC BS? I refuse to watch another Kimbo fight again. The guys not even top 100 and he wins the single worst stoppage in MMA history after a gift stand-up when Thompson had him in side mount, and lands a few powerless forearm punches for a stoppage after Thompson starts reengaging him? I thought his Bo Cantrell fight was an embarrassingly obvious work but this blows the roof off of that.

In all seriousness Kimbo wouldn't beat a single guy in the UFC. A totally gassed Thompson who's a crappy MMAer in his own right and even worse on the ground takes him down easily? Please, he's an embarrassment to the sport and EliteXc should be ashamed.

I love watching MMA, but I'm not super knowledgeable about it. That seemed like a horrible stoppage to me. I really, really want to see Kimbo fight a truly elite mixed martial artist.
The stoppage in the Carano fight was also stupid IMO.

Posted Image

Crosby's Bettman Real Doll is going to get quite a workout tonight.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users