• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eva unit zero

Just HOW good is Nick?

Rate this topic

Yahoo! Sports NHL front page lists Nick as the coldest defenseman in the league over the last 14 days.

He has 4 assists and is a +3 in 8 games over that period.

That projects to 41 points and a +31 over 82 games...the kind of stats that get you Norris votes.

How ridiculously good is Nick when he's playing like a Norris contender and that level of play is considered "ice cold" for him?

Over the 28 games the Wings have played, that stat line projects to 14 points and a +11, numbers which would place him 20th and 6th respectively if that were his stat line.

Best Defensemen of our time, hands down. People will throw out other names i'm sure, but i think most of that stims from him being Swedish. The numbers don't lie, the Norris' don't lie, the cups don't lie. The man is a machine.

Nick, Nick, he's our man, if he can't do it, NOBOODY CAN!!! :P

WE are so lucky to have him!

he's by far the best replacement for Steve we could have ever wished for.

I think everybody knew that when Stevie retired Lidstrom was gonna be our captain just by gut feeling. Nick is the best D man that i have ever seen and is such a great captain. He's very humble and leads by example much like stevie! Go Lids!! :thumbup:

ehhhh nick is ok i quess... i tell u what hnidy and 2ndrounder for him :lol: i can dream right? but seriously his +/- year after year and assists is just incredibly unfair lol

Edited by Duck Guy

Like I said in the GDT, I'm not sure that there is anyone is the world who is--or has been--better at their job than Nick Lidstrom is at his. It's truly incredible. Even with as many Norris Trophies as he's won, I'm not sure he gets the credit he deserves.

He is so good that he makes his job look ridiculously simple. I'm sure that Babcock could play four forwards with him, and he'd still shut down the other team's offense most of the time. I am constantly thankful that I became a fan of the team that has one of the best defensemen in the history of the sport playing for them. And, add to that what an amazing example he is for the sport overall...just the sheer class and leadership. I didn't grow up watching hockey, so Stevie was more or less my de facto favorite player when I started following the Wings. But, I feel more of an understanding of how great Nick really is, because I've seen him in his prime, and I've seen that even at his worst, he's at most people's best. Sorry if that rambled, I'm studying all night for finals tomorrow.

Word,

LDi03

Nick is quietly the best defenseman of his generation. Similar to the way Pavel and Hank are just now getting the attention they have earned for years. Red Wings are a classy organization, top to bottom. Lidstrom, like Yzerman before him, personafies that trait. Quiet, polite, humble guy. Never on the giving end of dirty hits or too much shooting off at the mouth. But at the end of the season, the Norris Trophy goes to Niklas Lidstrom, this is his 9th nomination and 6th win.... booya

I think Nick does a TON of stuff that doesn't show up on the stat sheets every game. I like to comapre it to say a Ben Wallace in 04 for the Pistons. His stats didn't always necessarily jump out at you but his presence in the game and his ability to detour plays is Invaluable.

I think Nick does a TON of stuff that doesn't show up on the stat sheets every game. I like to comapre it to say a Ben Wallace in 04 for the Pistons. His stats didn't always necessarily jump out at you but his presence in the game and his ability to detour plays is Invaluable.

I agree with that to a certain extend. However, although Wallace contributed in a huge way to the Stones defense, he was at times an offensive liability. Nick, on the other hand, is both a huge contributor to our defense and our offense.

So, how good is Nick? Good enough to be, when all is said and done, considered the second best defenseman of alltime, behind a guy named Orr.

I agree with that to a certain extend. However, although Wallace contributed in a huge way to the Stones defense, he was at times an offensive liability. Nick, on the other hand, is both a huge contributor to our defense and our offense.

So, how good is Nick? Good enough to be, when all is said and done, considered the second best defenseman of alltime, behind a guy named Orr.

Unless you're 60+, that's unfair to the greats of the past. If you are over 60, gratz for figuring out the elusive computer.

Best of this generation and best Swede ever in the NHL is probably enough.