• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

bellarina

12/10 GDT: Red Wings 2, Predators 1

Rate this topic

I wouldn't say he stole the game, because Ellis played on par. Made terrific, and timely saves tho!

Included in the definition of a "stolen game" is not only being outplayed on the ice as a team, but the final tally in the win column.

OZZY is my MVP so far this year, it was great seeing him play like a maniac after not playing for 3 games. If he keeps it up like I believe he can, I better see some Vezina votes. Of course, Dom is currently screwing up his bid for another shared Jennings (i believe that is a "team" GAA award, correct? as in, Ozzy having the best GAA couldn't win it himself)

After rewatching the preds goal I was wondering why the goal counted. It look like goalie interference.

exactly, because it was interference, Ozzy should have had a shut out if the system worked. But the same system that allows these goals disallow goals and call Homer for interference when he is clearly neither in the crease or touching the goaltender. c'est la vie i guess

he was pushed into Osgood (thus no interference), and then he wasn't even touching him when the goal was scored.

Don't blame the officials for no shutout, blame Osgood for taking his eye off the puck long enough for it to squeek through the 5 hole before he closed it up. Should have been an easy save even with Legwand in the crease.

Osgood was either anticipating a bigger collision with Legwand or an interference call and took his attention off the puck. End result, a pretty soft goal for Gelinas

Edited by Legionnaire11

he was pushed into Osgood (thus no interference), and then he wasn't even touching him when the goal was scored.

Don't blame the officials for no shutout, blame Osgood for taking his eye off the puck long enough for it to squeek through the 5 hole before he closed it up. Should have been an easy save even with Legwand in the crease.

Osgood was either anticipating a bigger collision with Legwand or an interference call and took his attention off the puck. End result, a pretty soft goal for Gelinas

Lidstrom was a good half a stick away from the Pred player as well Lids stick was on the ice at the time when the Pred player made contact with ozzie.

Watch the goal again. In no way was he pushed into Osgood. He just didn't stop in time. Lidstrom was parallel to him making a play with his stick. He made no push on Legwand towards Osgood. Legwand did it himself.

It doesn't matter that he wasn't touching him when the goal was scored, he'd just knocked Osgood down. Even if he wasn't still physically touching him (which he may have been) he was still in the crease and had interfered the goalie from making a play on the puck.

By the standards they use this season it absolutely was goaltender interference.

(you can watch the highlight here)

http://www.nhl.com/nhl/app?date=12%2F10%2F...mp;service=page

Lidstrom was a good half a stick away from the Pred player as well Lids stick was on the ice at the time when the Pred player made contact with ozzie.

You have to put on your Predator-colored glasses to see the play correctly.

With them on you'll see that Tootoo is a talented, valuable player and not a dirtbag, Nashville is a great market for hockey, and Legwand was pushed into Osgood (by who I have no idea). :P

Edited by haroldsnepsts

Hello everyone! I was at the game last night and got alot of good pics. So if you dare to brave the Hottest Wings threads, you'll find them in there.

It was a good game. My only hmmm was it seemed the Wings slacked off in the 3rd and Nashville really picked up their game. The only thing that kept them from tying, and possibly pulling ahead, was Ozzie. He totally kept his cool and played an amazing game!

I wound up getting some good ones of him. He was LAUGHING coming back to the bench after getting clipped with that high stick!

I'm still in the process of uploading my pics, so check back!

Edited by ChelisChick

If the puck had of stayed in the crease it would have been legit, but it didnt, thus it should have been disallowed. But it wasn't. Some people were crying that Flip's penalty shot was a BS call, but someday perhaps they will actually learn the rules of this fine sport.

Hello everyone! I was at the game last night and got alot of good pics. So if you dare to brave the Hottest Wings threads, you'll find them in there.

It was a good game. My only hmmm was it seemed the Wings slacked off in the 3rd and Nashville really picked up their game. The only thing that kept them from tying, and possibly pulling ahead, was Ozzie. He totally kept his cool and played an amazing game!

Its called Detroit (once again) played a game the night before flying into Nashville and playing a game. They were starting to get tired legs. There is another thread discussing the back to back schedule issue somewhere on this site.