• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Opie

WOW

Rate this topic

Guest octopusdank

I need to see the clip of that better the VS replay was way too brief!

what does your icon mean??

since when is this a chat room?

Right after you got appointed dictator of the board.

You don't like a thread don't post in it or read it!

However if you choose to post in it you lose the right to ***** about it because you are contributing to it.

It is like voting for Bush and then bitching about how people voted for him, you can't have both!!

Also if you read my post I said I need to see a video of it, meaning I am looking for some one to post it. My bad for assuming that people on a discussion board would have the where with all to be able to read that sentence and decipher that I wanted to see the clip.

But then again I have high expectations of this board, like expecting people to look for a topic before they post a new one, you know for example if there are already 57 goalie threads that they post their thoughts in the ones already there. Or that the 87 million people who post new threads about bringing back old Wing's players will learn to use one thread. Or that people actually use logic and facts in their arguments not just gut feelings or because they do or don't like a player.

Octocpus Dank:

The avatar was a sign made by another poster during all of the Nashville sale crap. There motto for saving them was "Our Team", the other poster photo-shopped it and this is what he did. I found it funny and I will use it until I am sure the deal is legit, and actually been completed.

Edited by Opie

Octocpus Dank:

The avatar was a sign made by another poster during all of the Nashville sale crap. There motto for saving them was "Our Team", the other poster photo-shopped it and this is what he did. I found it funny and I will use it until I am sure the deal is legit, and actually been completed.

they've already transfered ownership. the only interest Leipold still has in the team is a loan for amount that the Banks are withholding until the new lease changes are approved.

Either way, it's Freeman/Boots running things now. The lease changes will be approved, but if for some reason they are not, then the new owners are just in debt to Leipold instead of the banks.

I believe the Metro Council votes on the changes on the 18th of this month. The Sports Authority has a vote too, but it doesn't mean anything, they are more of an advisory group.

they've already transfered ownership. the only interest Leipold still has in the team is a loan for amount that the Banks are withholding until the new lease changes are approved.

Either way, it's Freeman/Boots running things now. The lease changes will be approved, but if for some reason they are not, then the new owners are just in debt to Leipold instead of the banks.

I believe the Metro Council votes on the changes on the 18th of this month. The Sports Authority has a vote too, but it doesn't mean anything, they are more of an advisory group.

I know what has happened but I am still a little leery about it, in a couple of weeks if nothing pops up I will finally buy into it!

I truly hope for your sake your team doesn't leave Nashville on you, I am not a Nashville hater, but I am tired of the circus (not nearly as tired as I assume you are) so I won't believe it until I am ready.

youtube is your friend:

That was everything I thought it would be thanks for posting it!!!

Parros can throw!!

I know what has happened but I am still a little leery about it, in a couple of weeks if nothing pops up I will finally buy into it!

I truly hope for your sake your team doesn't leave Nashville on you, I am not a Nashville hater, but I am tired of the circus (not nearly as tired as I assume you are) so I won't believe it until I am ready.

The sale of the team is complete. The sale of the team and the lease changes are two seperate issues. Regardless of how the lease changes turn out, Freeman/Boots are the owners. The transfer of ownership took place last friday, that's why Legwand was re-signed, because the new owners are in charge now. They are also unveiling the new "President of Business Operations" who was hired today.

The lease changes could be voted down and it wouldn't change anything with the ownership. It's done, complete. Leipold no longer owns the team. Freeman/Boots owns the team. The only reason that Leipold is even in the picture anymore is that he is loaned the new group $20M. As soon as the lease changes are approved, then the banks will sign off on a $20M loan which will pay Leipold back. If they don't, then it's up to the new owners to pay Leipold back. Either way, it's their team, officially. There is no more story to it, no chance that it can suddenly be reversed and Leipold is back as the owner.

The sale of the team is complete. The sale of the team and the lease changes are two seperate issues. Regardless of how the lease changes turn out, Freeman/Boots are the owners. The transfer of ownership took place last friday, that's why Legwand was re-signed, because the new owners are in charge now. They are also unveiling the new "President of Business Operations" who was hired today.

The lease changes could be voted down and it wouldn't change anything with the ownership. It's done, complete. Leipold no longer owns the team. Freeman/Boots owns the team. The only reason that Leipold is even in the picture anymore is that he is loaned the new group $20M. As soon as the lease changes are approved, then the banks will sign off on a $20M loan which will pay Leipold back. If they don't, then it's up to the new owners to pay Leipold back. Either way, it's their team, officially. There is no more story to it, no chance that it can suddenly be reversed and Leipold is back as the owner.

And that also means they are guaranteed to stay in Nashville for a minimum of 5 years correct? Or is there an attendance clause that would allow them to move?

Parros flattened him in the end for the TKO. For a guy his size, Jody Shelley just is not very good. If not for the fact he's been on Columbus for so long and is a big crowd favorite, I highly doubt he'd still be in the NHL.

And that also means they are guaranteed to stay in Nashville for a minimum of 5 years correct? Or is there an attendance clause that would allow them to move?

there's a revenue clause/buyout after 3 years, but it will be fairly difficult to hit. They'd have to lose $20M in 3 years, and then pay another $20M I think after 3 years if they want to leave. After the 4th season they'd have to pay an additional $25 and then after the 5th year it would only be like $15M. So they would basically have to double their losses if they wanted to get out of the lease. I don't know what happens after 5 years are up, they may be renegotiating a new lease then.

new President of Business Operations Ed Lang was on the radio earlier and stated that revenues are way up this season.

as for the fight, it wasn't really that great. Shelley started with some rabbit punches, and Parros got some good shots at the end, but other than that nothing happening.

Parros flattened him in the end for the TKO. For a guy his size, Jody Shelley just is not very good. If not for the fact he's been on Columbus for so long and is a big crowd favorite, I highly doubt he'd still be in the NHL.

He's one of the few guys that has defeated Laraque, and he did it on several occasions. He's not a great heavyweight, but it's not like he always get beat either. He has dropped off lately, though.

He's one of the few guys that has defeated Laraque, and he did it on several occasions. He's not a great heavyweight, but it's not like he always get beat either. He has dropped off lately, though.

He has done well against Laraque in his career, but that was quite a long time ago if im remembering correctly. I think Laraque would beat him handily now. He just doesnt do much of anything any more, never seems to have any notable wins and loses more often than that not when taking on the decent and above heavies. To me he's just become a bottom rung heavy over time.

He has done well against Laraque in his career, but that was quite a long time ago if im remembering correctly. I think Laraque would beat him handily now. He just doesnt do much of anything any more, never seems to have any notable wins and loses more often than that not when taking on the decent and above heavies. To me he's just become a bottom rung heavy over time.

Well, you can't expect everyone to throw 'em like Lilja has this year.

Anyway, if I remember correctly, Shelley did beat Peters earlier this year, and hung in there against Boogaard. He never gets any big wins anymore like you said, but if he TKO'd Parros last night, I wouldn't have been the least bit surprised. Only a few fighters win on a consistent level against other top enforcers. A guy like Colton Orr, for instance, is exciting as hell to watch, and can drop anyone with that right hand, but his fight record has been horrible so far for a top enforcer. I'd take a guy like Shelley on the Wings any day.

I agree that Laraque would handle Parros now a days, unless the fight takes place within ten feet of Martin Biron, than Laraque might have some footing issues :D