• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 NFL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Its Beck, not Beak. and which Long. Chris Long is going to be a good pro as well.

Ryan is going to be a good pro under the right system. The problem is that if Ryan doesn't go 3 to Atlanta, he might slip down to KC or Baltimore or another team might move up to grab him. He is not going to St. Louis, Oakland, Jets, or Patriots.

I think the top 5 picks are playing this way out:

#1 Miami---Jake Long

#2 St. Louis--Vernon Gholston

#3 Atlanta--Glen Dorsey

#4 Oakland--Chris Long

#5 KC-- Leodis McKelvin

Makes you wonder where Darren McFadden will end up. I dont like it but #7 New England will pick him up. KC might trade out of the 5 slot to a team that wants a running back but Chiefs need cornerbacks. Keith Rivers is going to be a steal on draft day too. I could see New England picking him up as well.

Absolutely no way in hell Gholston gets drafted ahead of Chris Long.

I'm really excited about this weekend. I absolutely LOVE the draft. I watch it start to finish every year. I haven't really followed the prospects as much this year as I have in the past, but it's still quite possibly my favorite weekend of the year when you factor in the NHL and NBA playoffs as well.

aren't you biased? :yowza:

I really think Chris Long will end up with Oakland like his dad did. That would be sweet.

I am biased. But even speaking objectively, Long is unquestionably the best defensive end in the draft. Gholston is a pure pass rusher, a Kabeer Gbaja-Biamila type. Gholston and Long each had 14 sacks, and Long had more TFL - in fact, Gholston only had 1.5 non-sack TFLs. Long is a game-changer. Gholston is a third-down changer.

I believe the Rams will take Long 2nd overall. It comes down to Dorsey or Long for them, and an end fits their team better than a tackle right now.

there is no way they are taking mendenhall with the 15th pick,, i think they will take branden albert a guard or mayo a inside line backer and you know we need both i would hate them to take a high profile name again just to look good, and there is a ton or running backs they could get like rice in the 2nd round or in the 3rd round they have 2 picks might be able to get hart with our 2nd 3rd round pick and if your a michigan fan that would be kickass you all know he is alot better than the dumb combine has made him out to be and there is that kid from eastern carolina or south carolina im not sure, but he is the fastest back in the draft class and i wouldn't mind them signing him in the 4th but no way should they sign mendenhall or stewert in the first we need defense or o-line,,, well this was my first post so i just wanted to ramble on about something and what better than the draft and even though millen will probably f*** it up im still pumped about it.

long is f'ing brutal he is goona tear it up this year, onl;y about 2 hours i hope the lions don't f this draft up.. come on millen for once make us proud that your our GM ,, ok i know tommarow im goona be pissed but oh well thats the lions,, if we draft the WR devin thomas from MSU im goona throw up.

The first 2 picks must have made your day!

Still don't see what's so great about Ryan

Yeah, pretty pleased about that. Couldn't work out much better. Only thing, I'd have preferred Chris be #1 and Jake #2, because UVA rarely has the chance for a #1 overall pick. But I like it anyway.

And, totally agreed on Matt Ryan. Good, not great, QB. Honestly, I'd label him 2nd round material. I don't see a QB in this draft worth picking in the 1st.

Granted, Cherilus is an O-lineman, and you can't have enough of those. But Millen could have stayed where he was at 15 and gotten a MUCH better prospect in Branden Albert. Again I'm biased 'cause I'd have loved for the Lions to pick up the UVA guy, but Albert is without doubt better than Cherilus.

tell me again why the Lions didn't trade up to grab CB Jenkins. I saw him fall and fall and I am like..MAKE A MOVE MILLEN!!! Sure enough he goes to the Cowboys. Cowboys made a bunch of moves and it looks like its paying off with Felix Jones and Jenkins..and they pick again soon...sheesh.

If Millen drafts Henne with this pick I am going to lose it. Chad deserves better, and the Lions have greater needs.

Henne is dropping like a rock. His best shot now is Miami. Almost every team next already has a QB and have other needs to fulifill.

yeah why didn't they take otah instead of chearilus or however you spell his name? the linebacker pick was pretty nice he seems like a good ass sleeper pick cause he'sfrom a lesser known school,, but tommarow im hoping for dan conner they have the 3rd pick tommarow come on conner ,, then we should be ok at linebacker and then with our secondary moves this year we should be ok with they back half of our defence lets just hope our d line has what it takes,,, im curious to see who they pick tommarow... im thinking the RB out of central florida would be nice in the 4th round i like mike hart too im sure he will get tore up in d town but he is worth our 4th round pick,, well so far millen has done ok atleast he didn't draft a damm WR and im glad we didn't trade williams

yeah im glad henne got to go to miami too,, they are a up and coming team,, lets just hope him and long don't start getting into fights at the south beach strip clubs.lol im sure they will probably just be playing planko or something like that they are kinda lame ,,, i barley seen them at any of they after parties at u of m after the games.. but oh well im glad for those guys GO BLUE!!!!!!!!!!!!

yeah why didn't they take otah instead of chearilus or however you spell his name? the linebacker pick was pretty nice he seems like a good ass sleeper pick cause he'sfrom a lesser known school,, but tommarow im hoping for dan conner they have the 3rd pick tommarow come on conner ,, then we should be ok at linebacker and then with our secondary moves this year we should be ok with they back half of our defence lets just hope our d line has what it takes,,, im curious to see who they pick tommarow... im thinking the RB out of central florida would be nice in the 4th round i like mike hart too im sure he will get tore up in d town but he is worth our 4th round pick,, well so far millen has done ok atleast he didn't draft a damm WR and im glad we didn't trade williams

Lesser known school, what? The dude's from Colorado!

Lesser known school, what? The dude's from Colorado!

like i said a lesser known school ,, some of you people think you are so smart... if the kid played for the u of m or florida or ohio state he would have been a first round pick but because he is from colorado he was sent to the 2nd round. oh well im glad we got him and not a wr anyways.. its not that colorado isn't a big school but they are not a top tier nfl watch school..

like i said a lesser known school ,, some of you people think you are so smart... if the kid played for the u of m or florida or ohio state he would have been a first round pick but because he is from colorado he was sent to the 2nd round. oh well im glad we got him and not a wr anyways.. its not that colorado isn't a big school but they are not a top tier nfl watch school..

Probably more likely because he's small and he's slow....