• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

2008 NFL Draft Thread

Rate this topic

Never too early to start thinking of the NFL Draft.

Here is the first mock draft that I have seen so far this year.

Rounds 1-2

Here is Round 1:

1. Miami (0-13)

The Pick: Glenn Dorsey, DT, LSU

2. New England (from San Francisco (3-10))

The Pick: Darren McFadden, RB, Arkansas*

3. St. Louis (3-10)

The Pick: Chris Long, DE, Virginia

4. NY Jets (3-10)

The Pick: James Laurinaitis, LB, Ohio State*

5. Atlanta (3-9)

The Pick: Brian Brohm, QB, Louisville

6. Oakland (4-9)

The Pick: Jake Long, OT, Michigan

7. Kansas City (4-9)

The Pick: Michael Oher, OT, Ole Miss*

8. Baltimore (4-9)

The Pick: Antoine Cason, CB, Arizona

9. Cincinnati (5-8)

The Pick: Steve Slaton, RB, West Virginia*

10. Carolina (5-8)

The Pick: Dan Connor, LB, Penn State

11. Chicago (5-8)

The Pick: Matt Ryan, QB, Boston College

12. Philadelphia (5-8)

The Pick: Malcolm Kelly, WR, Oklahoma

13. Arizona (6-7)

The Pick: Sedrick Ellis, DT, Southern Cal

14. Houston (6-7)

The Pick: Kenny Phillips, FS, Miami*

15. Denver (6-7)

The Pick: Early Doucet, WR, LSU

16. Washington (6-7)

The Pick: Calais Campbell, DE, Miami

17. Detroit (6-7)

The Pick: Andre' Woodson, QB, Kentucky

18. New Orleans (5-7)

The Pick: Malcolm Jenkins, CB, Ohio State*

19. Buffalo (7-6)

The Pick: Ryan Clady, OT, Boise State*

20. Minnesota (7-6)

The Pick: Reggie Smith, CB, Oklahoma*

21. Tennessee (7-6)

The Pick: Vernon Gholston, DE, Ohio State*

22. Dallas (from Cleveland (8-5))

The Pick: DeSean Jackson, WR, California *

23. San Diego (8-5)

The Pick: Keith Rivers, LB, USC

24. Tampa Bay (8-5)

The Pick: Mario Manningham, WR, Michigan*

25. Seattle (9-4)

The Pick: Gosder Cherilus, OT, Boston College

26. NY Giants (9-4)

The Pick: Brandon Flowers, CB, Virginia Tech*

27. Jacksonville (9-4)

The Pick: Derrick Harvey, DE, Florida*

28. Pittsburgh (9-4)

The Pick: Tyson Jackson, DE, LSU*

29. Green Bay (11-2)

The Pick: Rashard Mendenhall, RB, Illinois*

30. San Francisco (from Indianapolis (11-2))

The Pick: James Hardy, WR, Indiana*

31. Dallas (12-1)

The Pick: Aqib Talib, CB, Kansas*

32. New England (13-0)

The Pick: No Pick, Pick forfeited.

* - Underclassman

Pretty interesting. I don't think the Lions will go after a QB and if they do, it just proves how clueless this team is. The Lions need an O-man in order to have a QB and a RB be effective on this team. I would love to see Jake Long, Mike Oher or even cornerback Cason on this team, but no. The Lions had to go 6-2 before they decided to be the Lions. Anyway, tell me what you think.

I doubt Kenny Phillips would fall this far but I wouldn't mind taking him with the Packers first round pick. I'm not ready to give up on Jackson this quick. Lock up Grant, and let Jackson develop. If Grant can be the guy, and Jackson can be dependable, along with Morency as the primary blocking back, Green Bay will be fine.

That being said, it probably wouldn't be the worst idea to get another RB, but a good amount of RB's drafted even that late in the first round don't turn out to be difference makers.

I'd like to see a solid OL taken in the first round. I also would like to see Henne taken in the second or third; I think he has the same kind of toughness as Kitna has displayed that has really made him a leader, except that Henne has much more raw talent than Kitna has ever had. We don't need a superstar QB...just a capable one who has protection.

I'd like to see a solid OL taken in the first round. I also would like to see Henne taken in the second or third; I think he has the same kind of toughness as Kitna has displayed that has really made him a leader, except that Henne has much more raw talent than Kitna has ever had. We don't need a superstar QB...just a capable one who has protection.

Whats the main difference between Henne and Navarre?

I'd LOVE Jake Long but think he'll go Top 5 easy. Lions aren't taking a QB, there's no doubt about that.

OL/DE/DB...

of course not. The Lions are picking a WR!! :ph34r:

Lions:

1st round: Mario Manningham

2nd round: Devin Thomas

You know it's happening. Think about how sick it would be to come out in the first-ever six WR set. Williams, Johnson, Furrey, McDonald, Manningham, Thomas. Who could handle that?

I don't see the Packers drafting a RB in round 1 with the emergence of Ryan Grant, who leads the NFL in rushing over the past 7 weeks or something. Especially with all those corners still on the board.

Lions:

1st round: Mario Manningham

2nd round: Devin Thomas

You know it's happening. Think about how sick it would be to come out in the first-ever six WR set. Williams, Johnson, Furrey, McDonald, Manningham, Thomas. Who could handle that?

I don't see the Packers drafting a RB in round 1 with the emergence of Ryan Grant, who leads the NFL in rushing over the past 7 weeks or something. Especially with all those corners still on the board.

God the best team in the NFL will get the 2nd pick in the draft.

Manningham going first round this year? I can't see that at all. I think he's 2nd round guy, and thats why he should stick around another year. I would love Jake Long like the rest of you, but he will probably go to NE...the rich get richer ):

I hope the Lions take a OL, or some type of DB. Wouldn't mind Laurenitis either....

Whats the main difference between Henne and Navarre?

of course not. The Lions are picking a WR!! :ph34r:

Henne is a all around better QB then Navarre at everything. Couldn't see it much this year because he was bitten by the injury bug, but watch games like Illinois, and MSU he shows 1st round talent. He won't go first round because of his senior year stats, and injury, but wouldn't be a bad 3rd round pick...

Why does that draft have us taking Woodson? What's wrong with Stanton? Injury much worse then expected?

God the best team in the NFL will get the 2nd pick in the draft.

they traded with the 49ers last year. Niners got the pats 2007 1st round pick in exchange for the niners 2008 draft pick. Wherever the Niners finish, their pick will belong to New England.

Manningham going first round this year? I can't see that at all. I think he's 2nd round guy, and thats why he should stick around another year. I would love Jake Long like the rest of you, but he will probably go to NE...the rich get richer ):

If McFadden is on the board tho, wouldn't NE pick him rather than Jake Long. That could be an interesting debate.

Forget about Brohm going to Atlanta at #4 with Petrino leaving for the Arkansas job. Brohm that high is crazy anyway..he is NOT that good.

Bears also wont be taking Matt Ryan, they'll be either signing Derek Anderson or trading for McNabb. Anderson will be restricted but Cle wont match a big offer already having Quinn. They'll end up with somebody's first and third probably as compensation.

footballsfuture.com forums have like 100000 mock drafts..

Yah.. I honestly see Cason in the first.. then Highsmith/Adibi/Crable in the 2nd..

but if last year showed us anything, nothing is a sure fire for the lions. and odds are.. players will be traded..andpicks will be traded.. so mer idc.

Forget about Brohm going to Atlanta at #4 with Petrino leaving for the Arkansas job. Brohm that high is crazy anyway..he is NOT that good.

Bears also wont be taking Matt Ryan, they'll be either signing Derek Anderson or trading for McNabb. Anderson will be restricted but Cle wont match a big offer already having Quinn. They'll end up with somebody's first and third probably as compensation.

Why dont the Lions go after Derek Anderson? Give up a few draft picks for him. Oh that's right. They wont do it becase they are the Lions.

If we take a QB or WR with our pick, it's a waste. I'd like us to get either someone to help out the defence, dont really care what position ... or a RB. (I still cant believe we missed out on Adrian Peterson :(.)

Peterson would be nice, but knowing our luck he would have torn his ACL already. Not taking anything from Peterson, but he does have Steve Hutchingson to run behind. I'm happy with the CJ pick. I think he will be a very good one.

we absolutely need to find some way to draft Jake Long in the 1st round. Our offensive line has sucked for years and it is time that we find people who will block for a QB instead of letting him get sacked 60 times a year

Why does that draft have us taking Woodson? What's wrong with Stanton? Injury much worse then expected?

I doubt it. That mock was probably churned out in 30 minutes, tops. Not nearly that much thought goes into this stuff at this early hour, it's more like lining up the teams and then matching them up with Kiper's board, 1 to 1, 2 to 2, and so on.

That's why it makes no sense to dive into mock drafts until the season's over, Super Bowl and all, and we have a better idea of what teams need.

I doubt it. That mock was probably churned out in 30 minutes, tops. Not nearly that much thought goes into this stuff at this early hour, it's more like lining up the teams and then matching them up with Kiper's board, 1 to 1, 2 to 2, and so on.

That's why it makes no sense to dive into mock drafts until the season's over, Super Bowl and all, and we have a better idea of what teams need.

exactly. This is why around this time when the first mock drafts come out, I just look at the college players and see where they are being ranked at. They NFL team is pointless now because the Lions will improve their draft selection by losing their next 3 games.

Peterson would be nice, but knowing our luck he would have torn his ACL already. Not taking anything from Peterson, but he does have Steve Hutchingson to run behind. I'm happy with the CJ pick. I think he will be a very good one.

He's a great blocker up front, and it's too bad the Hawks let him go. And that's why Alexander had the TD record before LT broke it

Why dont the Lions go after Derek Anderson? Give up a few draft picks for him. Oh that's right. They wont do it becase they are the Lions.

The Browns will put the 1st and 3rd tender on him. And it'd be pretty hard to draft a WR in the first round if they traded their pick!

Seriously though, don't the Browns HAVE to keep Anderson and look into moving Quinn? Sometimes the guy you're grooming isn't as good as the proven guy you're pushing out the door. I think San Diego learned that lesson.

How long has it been since the Brizzowns have had a QB? It'd be stupid to finally trade a pretty good one in hoping that they hit on Quinn as well...

I'd be surprised if Shaun Rogers has very much market value considering he's oft-injured and generally thought of as a slacker. Assuming that mock is completely correct and the Lions need to go from 17 to 6 to get Long (I think he goes well before that personally--the Rams would be fools to pass him up after what Pace's injury did to their line), they would have to give up the #17 pick plus the equivalent of 650 points on the Pick Value Chart (which by itself is the 28th pick). You'd probably be talking this year's #1, next year's #1 (which is the equivalent of a 2nd rounder this year), another pick this year + Rogers to move up that far.

It's harder if you think Long goes top 3--even if the Lions lose out and draft like 12th they'd still have to make up a 1000 point gap.

Edited by Packer487