Photo
- - - - -

Selanne leaning towards return

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 02:51 PM

There is a rumour out there that Schneider is being moved due to the fact that Teemu is returning. Here. And the story about teemu leaning towards coming back here. but again just rumors... cool.gif
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#2 Grittzkey

Grittzkey

L L L L SAD FACE

• HoF Booster
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 03:37 PM

Teemu and Neidermeyer come back around same time.. intoresting.
Lebda - Your Off The Team... My most used quote during the games.

#3 irishtemper14+25

irishtemper14+25

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,072 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 04:33 PM

i hope chicago doesnt get schneider...man itll be like playing wings alum, i think montreal should get him they need a hard shot from the pt after losing souray

Kudos to Teeman for the Sig
"You remember that chap a few years ago, climbed Everest with no oxygen, came down nearly dead...they asked him why he went up there to die. He said I didn't, I went up there to live."

#4 KDDRWINGS1

KDDRWINGS1

Calmer than you.

• Pip
  • 173 posts

Posted 11 December 2007 - 08:21 PM

QUOTE(irishtemper14+25 @ December 11, 2007 - 04:33PM) View Post

i hope chicago doesnt get schneider...man itll be like playing wings alum, i think montreal should get him they need a hard shot from the pt after losing souray

I woulnd't worry about it : http://sports.yahoo....d?urn=nhl,56889

And also : http://sports.yahoo....-?urn=nhl,56696

I think I read somewhere Williams hurt his groin.

Edited by KDDRWINGS1, 11 December 2007 - 08:28 PM.

#5 lnvincible

lnvincible

4th Line Grinder

• Restricted
  • PipPip
  • 308 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 10:11 AM

If Selanne comes back and annie does bad this year? now what? and then he retires again? Im not to worried about him and scott coming back because there prob going to go retire again. im very bad at wording stuff but i hope you figure what i mean tongue.gif

#6 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,909 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 09:26 PM

I wish he would consider joining the Wings. I think we're his greatest chance at another cup, at least

#7 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 16 December 2007 - 11:56 PM

Schneider won't be moved. If he is, it means one thing; Scott Niedermayer will be with the Ducks next season.
Burke traded Andy McDonald for s***ty return, supposedly because he didn't want to have to lose a piece of his defense for next year after Niedermayer leaves in the summer like everyone is expecting.
Why would he then turn around and deal Schneider so that he can have Selanne for the rest of this season?

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#8 Yemack

Yemack

1st Line Sniper

• Gold Booster
  • 846 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 02:29 PM

IMO Selanee will NOT be coming back despite of how much he himself wants to return. Duck's can not accomodate him without screwing up their salary structure and future assets

I am worried about Niedermayer tho. IF ducks do win again this year, Niede will retire, end of story but what if they don't quite make it? I think Nied's competitive side will kick in and will return trying to help the team get to the top again.
We acquire the strength we have overcome.

#9 DAN THE POOLMAN

DAN THE POOLMAN

Draftee

• Silver Booster
  • 3 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:16 PM

WHO CARES! Schneider, Selanne,Niedermayer DOESNT MATTER!!
QUACK'S STILL OUT OF PLAYOFF'S.....

#10 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:20 PM

teemu skating and all signs point to a return to the ducks in JAN.
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#11 Reds4Life

Reds4Life

Red Wings

• Gold Booster
  • 2,640 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 02:24 PM

Ducks have 1+ mil cap space, I doubt he would be back, if yes, good for the Ducks. Not that I like them.

#12 RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

RockyMountainWingGal

• HoF Booster
  • 3,810 posts

Posted 18 January 2008 - 02:14 PM

I really think the NHL needs some kind of rule about jumping onto a team mid-season - or just in time for the playoffs (ie Forsberg). I know there is probably no way to do it because guys like say Joseph, who are looking for teams have to wait until mid-season when someone is desperate to get signed, are doing it legitimately. But I have a problem with guys taking non-injury time off because "they are tired after a long cup run" to then just rejoin the league mid-season or later. Sure it's great for the Ducks but this kind of behavior seems to me to be unfair to the rest of the league. And this goes for all teams - I wouldn't want someone on the Wings doing this either...
New season, New start! May the force be with the Wings this time!

#13 ArcticWing

ArcticWing

Zamboni driver

• Gold Booster
  • 135 posts

Posted 30 August 2008 - 09:30 AM

Found this from ducks message boards. Seems like Selanne is returning for a full season this time.

QUOTE (DuckForLife @ August 30, 2008 - 04:23AM)
New translation:

Ice Hockey player Teemu Selšnne has informed Lšnsi-Uusimaa newspaper that he will continue his NHL-career. Selšnne told, that he is "ready" to continue playing at Anaheim Ducks.

According to winger, he is planned a spot in Anaheim roster, where is not room at the moment due to salary cap.

Selšnne says, that contract negotiations will start as soon as they have room for him.

Propably Anaheim is going to sell defender Mathieu Schneider, whos 5,5 million dollar salary would give room for Selšnne's contract. Contract should be ready before the start of training camp. Anaheim training camp starts 11th of September.

Selšnne spent a long time thinking wether to continue his career after winning Stanley Cup in Anaheim 2007. He returned in January, but Anaheims games ended short at playoffs.

Selšnne played for Team Finland in IHWCC in Canada, where he won bronze medal. After the bronze match he informed that his career in Team Finland is over. Selšnne spent whole summer thinking wether to continue his NHL-career.