• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Duck Guy

Selanne leaning towards return

Rate this topic

i hope chicago doesnt get schneider...man itll be like playing wings alum, i think montreal should get him they need a hard shot from the pt after losing souray

I woulnd't worry about it : http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post/Bl...d?urn=nhl,56889

And also : http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/rumors/post/Du...-?urn=nhl,56696

I think I read somewhere Williams hurt his groin.

Edited by KDDRWINGS1

Guest lnvincible

If Selanne comes back and annie does bad this year? now what? and then he retires again? Im not to worried about him and scott coming back because there prob going to go retire again. im very bad at wording stuff but i hope you figure what i mean :P

Schneider won't be moved. If he is, it means one thing; Scott Niedermayer will be with the Ducks next season.

Burke traded Andy McDonald for s***ty return, supposedly because he didn't want to have to lose a piece of his defense for next year after Niedermayer leaves in the summer like everyone is expecting.

Why would he then turn around and deal Schneider so that he can have Selanne for the rest of this season?

IMO Selanee will NOT be coming back despite of how much he himself wants to return. Duck's can not accomodate him without screwing up their salary structure and future assets

I am worried about Niedermayer tho. IF ducks do win again this year, Niede will retire, end of story but what if they don't quite make it? I think Nied's competitive side will kick in and will return trying to help the team get to the top again.

I really think the NHL needs some kind of rule about jumping onto a team mid-season - or just in time for the playoffs (ie Forsberg). I know there is probably no way to do it because guys like say Joseph, who are looking for teams have to wait until mid-season when someone is desperate to get signed, are doing it legitimately. But I have a problem with guys taking non-injury time off because "they are tired after a long cup run" to then just rejoin the league mid-season or later. Sure it's great for the Ducks but this kind of behavior seems to me to be unfair to the rest of the league. And this goes for all teams - I wouldn't want someone on the Wings doing this either...

Found this from ducks message boards. Seems like Selanne is returning for a full season this time.

New translation:

Ice Hockey player Teemu Selänne has informed Länsi-Uusimaa newspaper that he will continue his NHL-career. Selänne told, that he is "ready" to continue playing at Anaheim Ducks.

According to winger, he is planned a spot in Anaheim roster, where is not room at the moment due to salary cap.

Selänne says, that contract negotiations will start as soon as they have room for him.

Propably Anaheim is going to sell defender Mathieu Schneider, whos 5,5 million dollar salary would give room for Selänne's contract. Contract should be ready before the start of training camp. Anaheim training camp starts 11th of September.

Selänne spent a long time thinking wether to continue his career after winning Stanley Cup in Anaheim 2007. He returned in January, but Anaheims games ended short at playoffs.

Selänne played for Team Finland in IHWCC in Canada, where he won bronze medal. After the bronze match he informed that his career in Team Finland is over. Selänne spent whole summer thinking wether to continue his NHL-career.