• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#41 toby91_ca

toby91_ca

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 8,448 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 01:24 PM

I'd have to stay true to my Halifax roots and go with Keiths.

#42 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,875 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:40 PM

QUOTE(MSUDoubleJ19 @ December 12, 2007 - 07:42AM) View Post

We frequent/belong to a bar here called Schmohz that has some delcious microbrews. I prefer a microbrew over anything else because they're so damn tasty. Mainly I enjoy wheat, amber and stouts. I steer away from IPAs - just a bit too hoppy for me.

I love Bell's, especialling Oberon. It's my favorite summertime beer. I also like Blue Moon for another wheat ale.

For a stout I do love Guinness.

For tailgating cheap beer, I go with PBR or Labatts.

Ahhh, Oberon. Not living in the Michigan area, that's a beer I haven't had in a long time.

When I was drinking it in college it was still called Solson. Then Bell's apparently was threatened to be sued by Molson. As if people would mistake Solson (Oberon) for Molson. The bullies.

Great beer though.

#43 HASEKdaDOMINATRO

HASEKdaDOMINATRO

Hail To The Victors.

• Silver Booster
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 13 December 2007 - 09:50 PM

I'm going to have to go with Sam Adams Cherry Wheat, on tap, with 3 Marishino Cherries....

Hey I'm a girl, it's totally fine smile.gif
I've often been asked in the years since Lake Placid what was the best moment for me. Well, it was here - the sight of 20 young men of such differing backgrounds now standing as one. Young men willing to sacrifice so much of themselves all for an unknown. A few years later, the U.S. began using professional athletes at the Games - Dream Teams. I always found that term ironic because now that we have Dream Teams, we seldom ever get to dream. But on one weekend, as America and the world watched, a group of remarkable young men gave the nation what it needed most - a chance, for one night, not only to dream, but a chance, once again, to believe.
--Herb Brooks
Coach of the 1980 USA Olympic Men's Hockey Team, the Miracle on Ice

#44 auxlepli

auxlepli

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,762 posts

Posted 17 December 2007 - 07:19 AM

QUOTE(wingsfan75 @ December 13, 2007 - 08:20AM) View Post

Zwiecz (Polish), Kozel Dark (Czech), Guinness

Your first two reminded me about a dark Hungarian beer I had a few times. Can't remember the name, might have been Korona with a K. That was a great beer.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users