• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
drewicho

Schneider

Rate this topic

O.K., just throwing this out there--what if we traded for him? The hypothetical is intriguing; we'd have a great defense with Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and Schneider at the powerplay point. Yes, this would mean no money left at the deadline, but would it matter? Our lines are all contributing at the moment and we would only have to trade a marginal, low salaried player (I'm thinking an Ellis-type) as Anaheim doesn't want to pay a lot in return.

Yes, I know Burke has his eye on the standings and, in all likelihood, would never do this deal, but it's fun to imagine. What do you guys think?

O.K., just throwing this out there--what if we traded for him? The hypothetical is intriguing; we'd have a great defense with Lidstrom, Rafalski, Kronwall, and Schneider at the powerplay point. Yes, this would mean no money left at the deadline, but would it matter? Our lines are all contributing at the moment and we would only have to trade a marginal, low salaried player (I'm thinking an Ellis-type) as Anaheim doesn't want to pay a lot in return.

Yes, I know Burke has his eye on the standings and, in all likelihood, would never do this deal, but it's fun to imagine. What do you guys think?

The Wings need both second line scoring help and a top 4 dman. This trade wouldn't help facilitate both needs as it would kill all of the Wings cap space, or at least enough of it to make it nearly impossible to acquire any second line scoring help.

I'd rather go for some forward with frame, raw skill and experience. yeah, I know those don't grow on trees but some additional experience and skill would add depth to our scoring which is missing now.

a guy like Slava Kozlov, I mean. not ripping our pockets but adding a good touch

As much as I like Schneider, it just doesn't work with our current situation...we really a need a power forward type player (which we probably won't get) but either way we just can't fit Schneider into our roster anymore.

If Colorado is out of the playoff race..for some reason, maybe the Wings should go after Andrew Brunette. One year left on a 1.6 mil contract and he has put up 50+ points each of the last three years (80 last year).

Saying that, I don't think Colorado will be out of the playoffs...

If Colorado is out of the playoff race..for some reason, maybe the Wings should go after Andrew Brunette. One year left on a 1.6 mil contract and he has put up 50+ points each of the last three years (80 last year).

Saying that, I don't think Colorado will be out of the playoffs...

Yeah I think they'll be in the race... It would help them out if they had Joe back in the lineup

Remember he left to be near home in LA. I know he doesn't have the power to stop a trade, but it's looking very doubtful he'll need to be traded.

Well Burke wants to trade Schneider because he has the hefty contract, though it might be hard to find a team to take that contract. The ducks need to trade someone to make room for Scott..

No thank you. Not a fit anymore, Rafalski took his place. Wouldn't want him back after he bolted to the Ducks anyways.

Now, don't blame him for that. He made the right choice and it worked out great for everybody (except for New Jersey).

We have a great team, we don't need the physical d-man or a second-liner. Save it for Zata.

Now, don't blame him for that. He made the right choice and it worked out great for everybody (except for New Jersey).

We have a great team, we don't need the physical d-man or a second-liner. Save it for Zata.

To win the cup, yes we do. We definately do. Zetterberg will get his money, but what everyone tends to forget is he isnt a UFA for another year.

I'd bring back Schnieds for sure, but his contract is too big and Anaheim will never trade with us.

why not just get mccabe from toronto no leafs fans like him there anyway and it just be funny to see him come over here and dominate ala larry murphy (before i get torn apart by this im in a family of leafs fans so thats where that came from and i still make fun of them for stuff like that and for furgeson)

why not just get mccabe from toronto no leafs fans like him there anyway and it just be funny to see him come over here and dominate ala larry murphy (before i get torn apart by this im in a family of leafs fans so thats where that came from and i still make fun of them for stuff like that and for furgeson)

Because McCabe sucks, and makes 7 million dollars.

Guest DetroitIan

Because McCabe sucks, and makes 7 million dollars.

McCabe is overpayed. But he definitely doesn't suck.

We don't need Schneider. We already have enough players that constantly take shots from the point only to have them blocked and turned into breakaways. We need defensemen that can actually...defend :o. A big, physical defenseman that won't get outmuscled in battles for the puck near the boards would help...

Ok...lets look at the situation. A) Burke wont trade to the Wings B) The Wings would be acquiring the exact same problem Anaheim is trying to rid themselves of...too much money tied up on defense. Schneider is signed for next year...in case you didnt realize. No way, not a chance in hell of this happening.

I think we should look to team which are going out of the playoffs.

Atlanta, Florida, Washington, Edmonton, Phoenix and Los Angeles are only team under a point per game, and I think theydonät accomplish to the playoffs.

So what kind of material they have that we could use?

Atlanta:

Slava Kozlov, contract till 2010.

Bobby Holik, UFA at next summer.

No defensive help.

Florida:

No offensive help available.

Jassen Cullimore, UFA at next summer. Familiar from the training camp.

Washington:

No defensive help.

Viktor Kozlov, contract until 2009.

Edmonton:

Geoff Sanderson, UFA at next summer.

Dick Tärnström, UFA at next summer.

Phoenix:

No offensive help. Doan too expensive to trade.

Nick Boynton, contract till 2009.

Derek Morris, contract till 2009.

Los Angeles:

No offensive help.

Rob Blake, UFA at next summer.

Brad Stuart, UFA at next summer.

So there isn't very good material available. Rob Blake would be interesting, I'd love to see him with Lids.

Boynton, Morris or Stuart would help to make our D more physical.

Only interestin forward is Slava Kozlov, but his contract is maybe too long. That doesn't fit our plans to save money for Zetterberg.

Guest Canadian Wings

/thread.

outrageous.

I think we should look to team which are going out of the playoffs.

Atlanta, Florida, Washington, Edmonton, Phoenix and Los Angeles are only team under a point per game, and I think theydonät accomplish to the playoffs.

So what kind of material they have that we could use?

Atlanta:

Slava Kozlov, contract till 2010.

Bobby Holik, UFA at next summer.

No defensive help.

Florida:

No offensive help available.

Jassen Cullimore, UFA at next summer. Familiar from the training camp.

Washington:

No defensive help.

Viktor Kozlov, contract until 2009.

Edmonton:

Geoff Sanderson, UFA at next summer.

Dick Tärnström, UFA at next summer.

Phoenix:

No offensive help. Doan too expensive to trade.

Nick Boynton, contract till 2009.

Derek Morris, contract till 2009.

Los Angeles:

No offensive help.

Rob Blake, UFA at next summer.

Brad Stuart, UFA at next summer.

So there isn't very good material available. Rob Blake would be interesting, I'd love to see him with Lids.

Boynton, Morris or Stuart would help to make our D more physical.

Only interestin forward is Slava Kozlov, but his contract is maybe too long. That doesn't fit our plans to save money for Zetterberg.

i'd take derek morris or rob blake. i doubt they give morris up tho, and who do we bump out for him lilja? we need another piece up front as opposed to on D.

Edited by Canadian Wings