• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grittzkey

Gennady Stolyarov

Rate this topic

According to Hockeysfuture, he is ranked 19th and on redwingscentral he is an after thought..

I like his size, but i know nothing about him, other then he is russian..

anyone have any background on him? a legitiate chance of hopping the pond netime soon?

According to Hockeysfuture, he is ranked 19th and on redwingscentral he is an after thought..

I like his size, but i know nothing about him, other then he is russian..

anyone have any background on him? a legitiate chance of hopping the pond netime soon?

Don't count on it. The lack of an IIHF transfer agreement means it might be a while before this guy plays for the Wings, or any North American team.

What's the deal with the transfer agreement; any chance he ever comes over to North America? Stolyarov has recently been traded to Astana Barys and has 2 points in 2 games. He's a massive longshot but given he's only 22 and is 6'4, you never know what could happen...

Stolyarov scores again, today. After being trade to Astana he has 3 goals and one assist in 5 games.

He is +4, has made 7 shots (S% is 42.9!), and is averaging 13:24 ice-time per game.

Maybe he is finally getting things together in his new club. At least start is very impressive.

Stolyarov added a secondary assist today. So 5 points in 5 games.

I'm kinda rooting for his team now :D

Matched his point total from last season, in 32 games less games!

Edited by Aussie_Wing

He did not managed to score a point, yesterday. But despite that Barys owned 3-0 Dinamo Riga.

RWC writes that Stolyarov is a Viktor Kozlov-type player. If you say Viktor Kozlov, then I think about a guy who has good size, great skills and terrific hockey sense, but is inconsistent (read: lazy) as hell. We already had that kinda Russian prospect couple of years ago. He didn't pan out.

I wonder why Stolyarov started to play great hockey in Astana.

1. Astana is a weaker team, so coach gives him a chance to play.

2. Maybe guy realized that if he will not start to put up some points in Astana, then he will drop out of KHL.

3. Moscow is a lot more attractive city than Astana. So much more to do there. Maybe Stolyarov is working his ass off instead of having a good time.

I noticed that he is the last Russian, who we have drafted. We have a pretty sad history with drafting Russians (I'm talking about time, when everybody scouted Russia, not about Feds, Vladdy, Kozzie). Only two prospects worked out well. Datsyuk was a jackpot, and Dmitri Bykov is one of the best dman in Russia. All other prospects are bums. Despite that I still don't understand why we didn't draft K. Petrov this year. I know that he has a contract in Russia, but we have time. We could have wait. This kid is a stud (many Russian experts rate him as high as Filatov), and he went in the 3rd round.

Well whatever he is doing is working for him. He has impressive stats at his new team after really not doing much since the Wings drafted him.

He has played 29 games for his new side and has 11+ 8 and a team leading +13 plus minus rating. He has size at 6' 4" and I think he is now listed at 203LB so is bulking out

a little. Still feel he is a long shot, but you never know.