• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Matt

Rich Rodriguez Michigan bound? YES

Rate this topic

Guest DetroitIan

Im all for Rich coaching Big Blue. I just don't wanna get my hopes up until it happens. And yeah man, this would be an excellent hire. Personally, I was pretty down about not getting Les Miles. But Rodriguez would be great for this program. I have my fingers crossed on this one.

He's just playing WVU against UM to get more money out of WVU. Just wait...

I'm with you. He did it last year at Bama. He's a WVU alum. I can't see him leaving, but word on the street is we could find out either way by tonight.

The saga continues.... :crazy:

Guest DetroitIan

I'm with you. He did it last year at Bama. He's a WVU alum. I can't see him leaving, but word on the street is we could find out either way by tonight.

The saga continues.... :crazy:

Yeah I hope we find out sooner than later. Im sick of all this waiting. And I know he is a WVU alum and all. But to have the chance to coach a legendary program like Michigan, only comes along once in a blue moon. My gut tells me that he wants this job. And that he wants to coach a team with such a rich tradition. Hopefully the decision is made tonight.

I love the thought of the spread offense coming to Michigan--especially since we just hired the guy that invented the current form of it.

Great hire, thanks to Mary Sue Coleman for taking the reigns on this one.

Supposedly Les Miles was going to meet with MSC and Bill Martin on Thursday but decided that there was nowhere they could meet where it wouldn't leak out--and he couldn't afford to have that happen. But it does sound as if he as still in play after the title game.

Really, really nice hire though. It's a hard offense to stop and he'll be able to get some athletes at Michigan. McGuffie is a great fit, and if he can bring in Terrelle Pryor....man.

And though they don't traditionally have a great defense at WV, they were #4 this year.

I'm happy, happy, happy about this. And now I can have my life back, since I won't be hitting F5 at The Wolverine over and over all week.

This how Michigan rises from the ashes. Hired Rodriguez. Terelle Pryor the top rated player is considering Michigan. His offense would be perfect for him. McGuffe our incoming running back is going to excel as long as he dosen't try to hurdle Big ten linebackers. Holly crap I dont want to see Mallet try to run the spread lol.

This how Michigan rises from the ashes. Hired Rodriguez. Terelle Pryor the top rated player is considering Michigan. His offense would be perfect for him. McGuffe our incoming running back is going to excel as long as he dosen't try to hurdle Big ten linebackers. Holly crap I dont want to see Mallet try to run the spread lol.

Mallett would be fine in a spread offense. He just wouldn't be good at running the spread option. His high school ran a form of the spread. Put him in the shotgun (which he's used to), spread the defense out, and have McGuffie and Carlos Brown available to run, and we're going to be a fun team to watch. RRod has had pass-first offenses before too--he doesn't always need a mobile QB. Though we'll start looking at em now.

But Pryor would be huge for the future.

I'm just geeked that our defense will be seeing the spread in practice every day. Theoretically that'll help em stop it finally.

Edited by Packer487

I'm happy, happy, happy about this. And now I can have my life back, since I won't be hitting F5 at The Wolverine over and over all week.

I've been doing the same thing the last 23 days :D

Mallett can run spread. Like posted above he did it in high school. People need to remember there is a difference between spread option, and regular spread. If Pryor comes along I would guess Mallett/Pryor play like Tebow/Leak did last season. This will be an fresh, exciting start next year!

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Guest jaytan

I think they made a good choice. This guy could make U-M a national contender straight away if he can get the right players for his system to come to Ann Arbor (and I don't see any reason he shouldn't).

I'm not really a Wolverines fan, but I was really hoping they didn't make the mistake of hiring Les Miles. That guy is so overrated it's ridiculous. Hell, I'd take Jim Harbaugh over him.

Guest DetroitIan

Here is an interesting question:

If Pitt doesnt beat West Va, does Rich Rodriguez ever come to Michigan?

Perhaps a big thank you should be sent to Dave Wannstedt for bringing Rich Rodriguez to Michigan.

I highly doubt that losing one game had any impact on a decision this huge. The guy has been their for 7 years. No way the Pitt loss would make or break Rich on this one. Like Rich said, the only way he would ever leave his alma mater is for a legendary and deep traditional program. A job like Michigan head coach only comes along once in a lifetime. Rich basically said it was a no brainer, and that he had to take this opportunity. IMO it wouldn't have mattered one bit if they had beat Pitt. Probably didn't hurt. But im sure it wasnt the factor in the final decision.

Edited by DetroitIan

I highly doubt that losing one game had any impact on a decision this huge. The guy has been their for 7 years. No way the Pitt loss would make or break Rich on this one. Like Rich said, the only way he would ever leave his alma mater is for a legendary and deep traditional program. A job like Michigan head coach only comes along once in a lifetime. Rich basically said it was a no brainer, and that he had to take this opportunity. IMO it wouldn't have mattered one bit if they had beat Pitt. Probably didn't hurt. But im sure it wasnt the factor in the final decision.

Coaching in the Fiesta Bowl and coaching in the National Championship game are two completely different things. By coming to Michigan now, he basically will not coach WV in the Fiesta Bowl. My point is I highly doubt he would make the move now if he was coaching in the NC game. Michigan would either have to wait or hire someone else.

Guest DetroitIan

Coaching in the Fiesta Bowl and coaching in the National Championship game are two completely different things. By coming to Michigan now, he basically will not coach WV in the Fiesta Bowl. My point is I highly doubt he would make the move now if he was coaching in the NC game. Michigan would either have to wait or hire someone else.

Yeah I agree there. No way he makes a decision yet if he's in the Nat. Championship game. But Im still quite sure he would have chose Michigan after the game. Michigan most likely would have waited for him.

Yeah I agree there. No way he makes a decision yet if he's in the Nat. Championship game. But Im still quite sure he would have chose Michigan after the game. Michigan most likely would have waited for him.

or with West Va in the NC game and LSU out, would Michigan than have Les Miles as their coach. :yowza:

This shows how important timing is when colleges have to hire a coach in any sport. If WVU would have beat Pitt they would be in the title game, and not LSU. If this would have happened Miles would be coaching U-M right now, and not Rod.