• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Yzerfan1999

Chris Simon Faces More Punishment From NHL

Rate this topic

Don't know how many of you have seen the clip yet -

Chris Simon stomped on Ruutu's skate and received a match penalty for intent to injure.

I will post the video as soon as its up on youtube.

'With the Islanders pressing for the tying goal, forward Chris Simon took a match penalty for trying to stomp on Jarkko Ruutu's foot with just under six minutes left...."It was a bad time for a penalty," Nolan said. "To tell you the truth, I didn't have the time to look at it and see the severity of it. We'll look at it and probably make a comment on it (Sunday)."'

No more details yet.

For those who HAVE seen it, considering Simon's history, how many games does he get? 20? 30? Thats what HNIC is calling for.

Edited by Yzerfan1999

I'm gonna agree with PJ Stock on this one, out for the season. ******* disgrace, you DONT step on another players foot. EVER.

Agreed.

Last season Simon uses his stick as a weapon. This season he uses his skate as a weapon.

He needs to be done for the rest of the season and playoffs, at least.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid he is. Honestly, he should be gone from the league. Luckily there was no injury on the play, but he just came back this year from a record-setting suspension, and he does this?

Does the league really want to wait for strike three?

Simon stomps on Ruutu's foot with his skate.

lol definately not rest of season you are over reacting like yeah its unsportsman like but c'mon now maybe 20-30 games.

He just came off of a 25 game suspension. At some point enough is enough if he's too stupid to learn from his previous 6 or 7 suspensions.

Oh and stepping on a guy goes far beyond unsportsmanlike. The skates are the most dangerous things out on the ice. Boyle dropped a skate on his arm during training camp and he's missed all but 4 games and is currently out indefinitely for further surgeries. Last season Kronwall missed a big chunk of games because after a check a skate came up and nearly took his nose off. Bieksa suffered a bad cut near his achilles and he's out for who knows how long (he's already been out a month and a half). Salming once had his face stepped on and had to receive nearly 300 stitches to get put back together. Clint Malarchuk had his throat sliced open and came within seconds of death.

And all these were accidents. You damn well better believe the league is going to take intentionally stepping on a player very seriously. Even if nothing serious happened. Havlat was suspended 4-5 games for kicking Hal Gill in the shins. Step/stomping on a guy goes FAR beyond that.

You guys are crazy if you think the NHL will suspend him for the season and playoffs. I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it but let's be serious here. The NHL doesn't have the balls.

Tonight's game was fun to watch but some of the calls on both teams shows how much a joke this league is now. I'm the biggest Wings fan but, Salei's "hook" penalty on Drake made me wanna puke. :angry:

Edited by Louisville

You can see in the video he just need a boust to get onto the bench. Still find it hard to believe that anyone tries to get away with anything anymore. With the cameras, not to mention in this case everyone was right there watching. My guess is he'll be back after the allstar game. Truth is how much longer does NYI put up with this and keep him on the team.

Edited by lfd250

Well, in keeping with any typical justice system, his punishment should be more than the 25 gamer he just finished. Yes, you could argue that the offense was 'less severe' because it's less horrifying than using a hockey stick as a bat against someone's face, but as others have pointed out, it's still extremely dangerous. I think he should get at least 40 games. I don't know if I simply like this 'banish him for the whole season', simply because I think the NHL should have a specific criteria on which they base their punishments. And while I'm sure they do, it often comes across extremely randomly. Regardless of how long he's suspended, I agree that the Isles should cut this guy loose as soon as possible. That temper crosses the line between constructive and deconstructive passion, and only one of those helps you win

That's just blatant stupid, right there on tape. We have seen throughout televised hockey how dangerous skates are (Clint Malarchuk the most disturbing example). This guy has shown that he can't use his equipment properly (stick to the face and now this). And his history has shown he can't control himself with his numerous suspensions. One would think that he would be a bit more careful after coming out of a 25 game suspension. If it were up to me, I'd kick him out of the league permemently. Sadly, the league may go with a lesser punishment than the above.

Such stupidity on skates :rolleyes:

Guest GordieSid&Ted

Agreed.

Last season Simon uses his stick as a weapon. This season he uses his skate as a weapon.

He needs to be done for the rest of the season and playoffs, at least.

I cannot believe how incredibly stupid he is. Honestly, he should be gone from the league. Luckily there was no injury on the play, but he just came back this year from a record-setting suspension, and he does this?

Does the league really want to wait for strike three?

Simon stomps on Ruutu's foot with his skate.

I agree, rest of the season for sure. Jesus, they were going off on line changes for Christ sake. It wasn't like that was a heat of battle kind of moment where maybe you can understand people doing some stupid things or crossing the line. This was completely unprovoked. What a bum.

After watching the video and concerning Simon's history, I'd take him out for the season since the Islanders have 51 games left.

On the other hand, is it just me thinking this or have Campbell and his staff loosened the grip on deliberate and dangerous actions during the past couple of weeks? He'll probably end up with another 30 games. :angry:

Maybe I should add to my previous post that, putting my emotions aside for a minute and use some logic, he should be out for the whole season and post/preseason. I still believe that this man can't control himself, as his previous actions have shown. If it's 25-30 games, then that would be a travisty, IMO.

lol definately not rest of season you are over reacting like yeah its unsportsman like but c'mon now maybe 20-30 games.

it didn't look that bad but he does have a history so idk

The play itself wasn't that bad luckily, but he stomped a guy's foot with his skate blade. That cannot be tolerated.

And Simon pulled a stunt like this just 10 months ago. He's used his stick as a weapon, now his skate blade.

It's not so much the result of the play, but the incredibly stupidity involved from a repeat offender.

I don't know what the deal is with Simon? SInce he hardly ever fights anymore, all he ever does now is take these stupid penalties and cheap shots. Yeah, everyone knows that Jarkko Ruutu is a piece of garbage, but SImon has to restrain himself better. I don't think he should be suspended for the rest of the season like some of you suggest, though. I'd say 10 games is enough.

Simon obviously can't play the game without repeated attempts to injure the opposition. He's done it more than once...been suspended, comes back and is still trying to injure. Why should this piece of sh*t be allowed to play in the NHL anymore? He's clearly a threat to the safety of other players....get him the hell out of the league.

The play itself wasn't that bad luckily, but he stomped a guy's foot with his skate blade. That cannot be tolerated.

And Simon pulled a stunt like this just 10 months ago. He's used his stick as a weapon, now his skate blade.

It's not so much the result of the play, but the incredibly stupidity involved from a repeat offender.

That about sums it up. I dont think it was THAT bad, but combined with the history he's gone for the year.

I dont know whats wrong with him...the lights must not be on in his head. Its as if he has no memory of what he's done previously. Game over for Simon.