• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

mmorland

How Have I Never Seen This Patrick Roy Video?

Rate this topic

HAHA that is hilarious.

I wonder why he was so upset.

That's a classic.... Though not quite as good as the "Statue of Liberty" goof.

IIRC, he "took exception" to the ref's initial call that led to the penalty shot in the commercial. He apparently held his anger until after the shot in hopes that he'd stop it... but blew a gasket when it went in.

Edited by Gizmo

That's a classic.... Though not quite as good as the "Statue of Liberty" goof.

IIRC, he "took exception" to the ref's initial call that led to the penalty shot in the commercial. He apparently held his anger until after the shot in hopes that he'd stop it... but blew a gasket when it went in.

I think you are correct. I was actually at this game, Row 8 over Roy's right shoulder. Had a GREAT view of it. (I used to live in Arizona). I remember him being pissed about the call, and the goal was the game winner... it was pretty sweet taunting him on his way out after getting ejected. Good times. :D

I think you are correct. I was actually at this game, Row 8 over Roy's right shoulder. Had a GREAT view of it. (I used to live in Arizona). I remember him being pissed about the call, and the goal was the game winner... it was pretty sweet taunting him on his way out after getting ejected. Good times. :D

WFIE: I like your picture of Carcillo.

The announcer said '3-3 tie, third period...' It wasn't the winner....

That's weird, I edited the post to correct it, but it didn't go through....boy is my face red! :blush:

No worries. :D It's all coming back to me now though. He was so pissed because HE was the one called for a penalty. He was called for throwing his stick across the crease to stop Kolanos from scoring..

LOL, that's funny. I've never seen that before now.

I'm searching YouTube for a longer cut of the Statue of Liberty play. I want to see the replay, but all I can find is the 18 second one at the longest.

That might be my all-time favorite Roy highlight. :D

WFIE: I like your picture of Carcillo.

Thanks!

Guest DetroitIan

One of the main reasons I hate that guy. Unbelievable how much of a whinning baby that guy was throughout his career. This video is a perfect example. The shooter did absolutely NOTHING wrong, or cheap, or illegal to score. Yet Patty Wahh somehow manages to cry and scream at the refs. :rolleyes: What a complete moron. Hate that guy. So glad he retired.

If I recall that penalty shot was caused on a semi-controversial throwing the stick call on Roy, hence why he lost it. Well that and the fact he's an arrogant piece of crap D-bag.

This really shows his short fuse & bad sportsmanship.

:clap: Beauty of a thread, mmorland. Great stuff.

Looked like when he thru his stick after Kolanos scored that it almost hit the ref!

I agree, theose were good Coyote uni's.

I love Patrick Wah, he gave me some of my greatest memories: the Statue of Liberty, the drub and chase 6 goal game, all the fights, he really was a perfect foe.