• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Swayze

12/17 GDT: Red Wings 4, Capitals 3 (SO)

Rate this topic

the wings were pretty much out-played from start to finish, but happy to get the w.

On one hand, I like the idea of being the one team in the league that can still win w/o bringing its A game.

On the other hand, I hate the idea of being the one team in the league that can still win w/o bringing its A game. No more playing to Edmonton's and Washington's level, eh?

SouthernWingsFan Man-Love-O-Meter from tonight's/recent game(s)

On Fire: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Osgood (even though he didn't play tonight)

Well Ignited: Hudler, Lidstrom, Rafalski

In Media Res: Hasek, Cleary, Flipper

Candle-Like Flame: Franzen, Downey

Light a Match: Samuelsson, Drake

Best goofy scenario that doesn't make sense that I could come up with on short notice that wasn't scripted.

*shrugs* :huh:

Now, I wish we would quit letting the games get to shoot out. :D Never happy, that's me.

Never happy? You just have sky-high expectations. Like you I wish the same thing.

Anyway according to this article it's good to have those lofty goals because that leads to success.

Babcock believes that there's a stronger foundation that's worth noting--the Wings' sky-high expectations of themselves and for their own play:

"[W]e have to keep measuring ourselves," Babcock said. "I don't think you can coast and then turn it up once in a while. We expect when you put our uniform on, you come to compete, and you bring it each and every night. And that's led to points."

SouthernWingsFan Man-Love-O-Meter from tonight's/recent game(s)

On Fire: Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Holmstrom, Osgood (even though he didn't play tonight)

Well Ignited: Hudler, Lidstrom, Rafalski

In Media Res: Hasek, Cleary, Flipper

Candle-Like Flame: Franzen, Downey

Light a Match: Samuelsson, Drake

Best goofy scenario that doesn't make sense that I could come up with on short notice that wasn't scripted.

*shrugs* :huh:

Haha, Man-Love-O-Meter

Awesome :thumbup:

I was surprised we won the shootout, very happy all 3 shooters scored. Truthfully I've lost a lot of faith in Z in shootouts. And Huds, well, he's not good it seems when the pressure is on...but it really wasn't tonight, he just sealed the deal...very good :thumbup:

Haha, Man-Love-O-Meter

Awesome :thumbup:

I was surprised we won the shootout, very happy all 3 shooters scored. Truthfully I've lost a lot of faith in Z in shootouts. And Huds, well, he's not good it seems when the pressure is on...but it really wasn't tonight, he just sealed the deal...very good :thumbup:

Hmm I think that is the first time in a shootout (at least this season) that we got all 3 SO goals from the first 3?

There was a good crowd at the Joe tonight =)...must be cuz we played against a team we don't see 20 times a year

I agree on both accounts. The crowd sounded great on Versus. It was fun to see them playing someone else for a change, the schedule sucks. glad they are changing it.

The versus announcers talked about how the Capitals were told they are playing in the halls of greatness at the Joe, against greatness and to be great you have to beat the great ones. Detroit has to play against that every frikkin game, but they're still 24-6-3 with 51 points! Always fun to win.

Hmm I think that is the first time in a shootout (at least this season) that we got all 3 SO goals from the first 3?

I am pretty sure they never have this year. I'm too lazy to look but Huds has scored 3 shootout goals I believe and I think this is the first time that Z scored when Huds scored. I haven't looked up the stats but it seems like Z never scores in the shootout. It's probably me just comparing his regulation time awesomeness to his shootout skills, but I don't know.

The versus announcers talked about how the Capitals were told they are playing in the halls of greatness at the Joe, against greatness and to be great you have to beat the great ones. Detroit has to play against that every frikkin game, but they're still 24-6-3 with 51 points! Always fun to win.

Yep, that's the amazing part.

I can't believe that Kolzig fell for the same move 3 times in the shootout. Anyway, we were lucky to win tonight. Our effort wasn't all that great in the defensive zone. Although he gave up 3 goals, Hasek made some huge saves when he needed to.

So I wasn't the only one who noticed. I seriously was looking through the pages for someone to be like "ZOMG WHAT THE KOLZIG WHAT" but there were none!

And on the SOs I agree with Offsides... I don't know how Z did last year in shootouts but this year, I've really been left wondering. It's disappointing because (yeah) I want Hank to be good at everything, including sending goalie's jocks to the rafters, but hopefully he'll PICK IT UP??? (Or ELSE?? !!! :boxing: )

But Hudler showing off his clutch shooting and Swayze's av make me happy.

I think he was going to go 3rd, but Huddles put an end to that idea ^_^

Oh, and I think I made the avatar before I even heard Downey was trying out for us :P

Edited by Swayze

Anyway, we were lucky to win tonight. Our effort wasn't all that great in the defensive zone. Although he gave up 3 goals, Hasek made some huge saves when he needed to.

Agreed. I spent the whole game just waiting for the Caps to get about three goals because of lackadaisical play by the Wings. There was that feeling of dread hanging over everything. The Wings were fortunate that only Ovechkin can score consistently for them.