• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Rob the Badger

Crosby gets a Gordie Howe Hat Trick

Rate this topic

Last night, Sid the Kid, got a goal, two assists, and a fighting major. That qualifies him for the GHHT, with an extra assist. The three points in one night isn't a surprise, but of all people to get a GHHT........

Aye it was a real fight. Sid bloodied him up, too

Sorry, I didn't see it, but how can it be a real fight when he's still wearing his gloves?????

That photo was how it started, they did drop the gloves, it was a real fight and I am sure someone told Sid afterwards never to do it again.

so here is one for all of you. Guess how many GHHT Gordie had in his career?

Even better do you know who has the most GHHT?

I will post the answer later once some people have a chance to guess.

Gordie only had the 1 and I believe Shanahan is considered to have the most with 8, but it really isn't a stat that is tracked.

Outstanding! Is it just me, or does it seem like fighting has been much more commonplace this year than in years past? I hope it's just not me, because I am an "old school" guy who believes fighting is GOOD for the game. ( to an extent of course...).

Gordie only had the 1 and I believe Shanahan is considered to have the most with 8, but it really isn't a stat that is tracked.

:clap: And we have a winner!!!! :clap:

THN has Shanahan listed with the most. I thought that it was 13 but i can't find that issue right now.

Edited by shannyfan1414

Sorry, I didn't see it, but how can it be a real fight when he's still wearing his gloves?????

And still wearing a helmet, with a visor!

In regards to Shanahan, I have a mad man-love crush on him. That he has the most Gordie Howe Hat Tricks just increases my respect for him.

I have to say that it was a nice fight for Crosby. I never really had a lot of respect for him before, because he never seems very tough. But this has shined a new light on the kid for me. I'm impressed by a player that will take care of him self.

Well done Sid.

Take a look at his fists, and you tell me.

IPB Image

The gloves eventually came off, Sidney got in a few good shots, and Ferrence was cut. Good to see. Ferrence hit Crosby late and from behind after Sidney scored eatlier in the game, and was playing him chippy all night.

I love that Crosby stood up for himself, especially against Ferrence (one of my most loathed players - he's a little pr1ck)

THN has Shanahan listed with the most. I thought that it was 13 but i can't find that issue right now.

I think the article said 14 for Shanny. I was just reading it the other day.

The gloves eventually came off, Sidney got in a few good shots, and Ferrence was cut. Good to see. Ferrence hit Crosby late and from behind after Sidney scored eatlier in the game, and was playing him chippy all night.

I love that Crosby stood up for himself, especially against Ferrence (one of my most loathed players - he's a little pr1ck)

I know. Eventually was the key word there though. It looked like a little more than half way through after throwing some "shots" at Ferrence that they started to come loose and just flung off. All the while with his helmet and visor on. That was the point of my comment.

I know. Eventually was the key word there though. It looked like a little more than half way through after throwing some "shots" at Ferrence that they started to come loose and just flung off. All the while with his helmet and visor on. That was the point of my comment.

Ferrence had his helmut and visor on as well, it only came off when Crosby knocked it off.

Ferrence had his helmut and visor on as well, it only came off when Crosby knocked it off.

True, but if you want to play that card than Crosby's gloves didn't come off until he flung Ferrence's helmet off, all while he kept his lid on.

I'm not saying it wasn't cool to see him stand up for himself, it just wasn't that great of a bout and if this was anyone other than Crosby no one would care about this fight.

In fact, they'd probably be ripping anyone else in the league had they left their lid (w/ visor) and gloves on during a bout.

This is true, that Gordie only really had one or two, but the fact of the matter is that he played in a much more relexed era when it came to fighting. You could beat the s*** out of a guy and just get two minutes for roughing - it was a lot harder to pickup 5 minute fighting majors - so that kind of skews the measurements. I'm sure that by todays standards Gordie would have had quite a few more of them.

Guest jaytan

That's great! I wish he'd have saved it for the big outdoor spectacle next month, though. :lol:

Was it a real fight?