• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official Bowl Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

I want to see the second 2 happen.

While there always is the possibility that UM will beat Florida, any given Saturday, Appy State won, yada yada yada; the Gators are one of the worst draws Michigan could have gotten. I cannot wait to see what Tebow does to the UM defense.

You do realize that it is a direct progression? If Michigan beats Florida, the Big Ten can beat the SEC in all matchups. If Michigan loses, the Big Ten can't. If Michigan wins, the Big Ten can sweep their bowls. If Michigan loses, the Big Ten cannot sweep their bowls.

Unbelievable that Purdue could only eke out a win against Central. They must address their pathetic defense if they want a prayer of competing for the Big Ten again anytime soon.

Another hard game for the Big Ten I think will be Michigan State vs. Boston College.

Especially since they will be a few players short. The loss of Jonal Saint-Dic and SirDarean Adams is going to make an already suspect defense even worse. Things are not looking good for my Spartans.

I'm always for a Big Ten team. Go Purdue!

So are Michigan fans cheering for Purdue because of their Big Ten allegiance or CMU because it's an in state team?

Ordinarily I'd have pulled for CMU, it being a Michigan school. But Purdue is my brother's school so I root for them when it's convenient (i.e. not against Michigan) and our whole family was decked out in black and gold for the game.

And in case it needs saying again - what a game last night! VERY partisan CMU crowd. Just one of many road games the Big Ten has to play this bowl season. What with Chicago and Indiana being not much of a drive from Detroit, I expected more Purdue fans, but I would guess not even 10,000 in the whole place. As an added bonus, it was my first-ever trip to Ford Field.

You do realize that it is a direct progression? If Michigan beats Florida, the Big Ten can beat the SEC in all matchups. If Michigan loses, the Big Ten can't. If Michigan wins, the Big Ten can sweep their bowls. If Michigan loses, the Big Ten cannot sweep their bowls.

Good point. That's what I get for trying to think while I'm on vacation, and in the morning no less.

Well, in that case, I want to see all the Big 10 teams win except for Michigan.

The Spartans could have and should hvae won the game. But, 5 turnovers will kill you every time.

Still, the season went a lot better than I expected it to. I really think that Dantonio is the right guy for the job in EL. I'm not a believer in moral victories, but the fact that even in the games they lost, the Spartans never game up and never lost a game by more than a touchdown. That's something that never would have happened under JLS.

Wisconsin and Tennessee played even for most of the game, and Wisconsin nearly won it on each of their final two drives.

Michigan is outplaying Florida.

Any chance that this dispels the 'SEC is ten times better than every other major conference, ESPECIALLY the Big Ten' bulls***?

Not likely.

Oh..and on the subject of Michigan/Florida...the situation today seems to suggest that had Michigan beaten Ohio State last year, they'd have beaten Florida. Florida's offensive players are better now, and Michigan's defense is emphatically worse than last year, yet still controlling the game vs Florida. If Michigan had played Florida last year, this would be a blowout; Florida has only kept the game close through Michigan's defensive propensity to give up the occasional big play or take dumb penalties...two things that didn't happen anywhere near as much last season.

EDIT: On both Florida scoring drives, Michigan gave up two plays that were 17 yards or greater. They have not done this on any other drives, and Florida has not scored any other points. If Michigan has last year's D, Florida may have no points right now.

Edited by eva unit zero

41-35!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO BLUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUE!

Big Ten over the SEC. BAM!

Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue! Go Blue!

Nice job by UM. Too bad we'll still have to listen to "how great is the SEC."

Although I don't think it means that UM would have beaten Florida last year. Using that same line of thinking, If Team X had beaten Team Y they'll beat Team Z, logic and applying it to this year. Wofford would beat UM. All it means is that any given day, any team can win. Maybe OSU would have won if Ted Ginn didn't get hurt last year. Who knows.

Agh! I TiVoed the wrong game. That's what I get for not buying the box that can do two at once. Way to go Lloyd! I'm absolutely thrilled that he gets to go out on the right note, and the seniors too. If there's anyone that deserves a going-away present it's Lloyd Carr. Proud to have never jumped on the "fire Lloyd" bandwagon by the way.

Anyone TiVo the game? Anyone? I have GOT to have this one burned to DVD. I picked the UVA game to TiVo and got burned by the ******* OFFICIALS (more on that later if I'm still hot) and now, no record of the Michigan game.

ALL OF US need to let go of this SEC/Big 10 comparison bulls**t. And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm a big LSU fan and live in an area of SEC schools.

I'm sick and tired of die-hard alums and fans of SEC schools saying how great they are and humping the legs of their teams, and I'm tired of seeing Big 10 fans whine about getting no respect.

Each conference has great teams, and I'm leaving it at that. It can really be that simple.

ALL OF US need to let go of this SEC/Big 10 comparison bulls**t. And no, I'm not just saying that because I'm a big LSU fan and live in an area of SEC schools.

I'm sick and tired of die-hard alums and fans of SEC schools saying how great they are and humping the legs of their teams, and I'm tired of seeing Big 10 fans whine about getting no respect.

Each conference has great teams, and I'm leaving it at that. It can really be that simple.

You gots to realize, Jack, a huge part of the fun of college football is arguing, bitching, in some instances whining, hating the bad guys, and in general disagreeing with everything except that which exalts your own team. It's part of the reason why I don't want a playoff. How could we have rivalries without it? "Each conference has great teams" is no fun whatsoever.

Wisconsin and Tennessee played even for most of the game, and Wisconsin nearly won it on each of their final two drives.

Michigan is outplaying Florida.

Any chance that this dispels the 'SEC is ten times better than every other major conference, ESPECIALLY the Big Ten' bulls***?

Not likely.

Oh..and on the subject of Michigan/Florida...the situation today seems to suggest that had Michigan beaten Ohio State last year, they'd have beaten Florida. Florida's offensive players are better now, and Michigan's defense is emphatically worse than last year, yet still controlling the game vs Florida. If Michigan had played Florida last year, this would be a blowout; Florida has only kept the game close through Michigan's defensive propensity to give up the occasional big play or take dumb penalties...two things that didn't happen anywhere near as much last season.

EDIT: On both Florida scoring drives, Michigan gave up two plays that were 17 yards or greater. They have not done this on any other drives, and Florida has not scored any other points. If Michigan has last year's D, Florida may have no points right now.

Lol...yeah ok...

Congrats to Michigan! Columbus was rooting for you...now we can go back to hating you.