• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest DetroitIan

The Official Bowl Discussion Thread

Rate this topic

Congrats to Michigan! Columbus was rooting for you...now we can go back to hating you.

:lol:

I wish Danielson would have been announcing that game. I would love to hear that guy eat his crow after a "slow"U-M team beat his lover Tebow, and the Gators who play in the "all world" conference.

Edited by mannysBETTER3434

Oh..and on the subject of Michigan/Florida...the situation today seems to suggest that had Michigan beaten Ohio State last year, they'd have beaten Florida. Florida's offensive players are better now, and Michigan's defense is emphatically worse than last year, yet still controlling the game vs Florida.

So Florida losing both Chris Leak and Deshawn Wynn had no impact. Florida was a better team last year because of their defense. Florida will be a better team than Michigan next year based on Michigan losing so many good players to graduation. It's only common sense.

Lol...yeah ok...

Congrats to Michigan! Columbus was rooting for you...now we can go back to hating you.

I couldn't bring myself to cheer for the maize and blue. Although I must say that it was a storybook ending to a great head coach and if I was a Michigan fan, I would take that game with all of their lasting highlights to the memory banks of my mind. Great win by Michigan.

Guest DetroitIan

Can't believe Big Blue got the win today. Im a huge Michigan fan. But I just didn't see it happening against Florida. In fact, in the pick em game, I put a whopping 32 points on the Gators. So no way Im winning that now. But its totally worth it to have a Michigan victory! Great win! And great way to send Lloyd off. Rich must have been pretty pumped to see what this team can do.

You gots to realize, Jack, a huge part of the fun of college football is arguing, bitching, in some instances whining, hating the bad guys, and in general disagreeing with everything except that which exalts your own team. It's part of the reason why I don't want a playoff. How could we have rivalries without it? "Each conference has great teams" is no fun whatsoever.

I realize it crystal clear, but sometimes no debate and no arguing/bitching/whining is much more fun (espeically here when it's obvious both conferences has good teams). And it gives people a lot less heartburn and let's people live a lot longer as well, at least for me.

This is one of those instances. ;)

Left is right! Up is down! Cats and dogs living together! Michigan plays the spread with DeBoring still at OC!

#@^#$^#$&$%&!!

I think I forgot what it was like to feel this good on January 1st!

(And yeah, I admit it, I got a little misty at the end.)

Guest DetroitIan
So happy Michigan won! Too bad the Illini are sucking.

Hopefully the Buckeyes will win next week. That would be sweet!

:huh::blink: Ummm...no. That would suck. I'll be fully rooting on LSU. Go Tigers!

Great win yesterday for the Maize and Blue! So proud they sent out Carr with a W. OK I have to confess I was thinking "Texas game all over again" there in the 4th quarter for awhile - but got to hand it to them for keeping the pedal to the medal - so sick of hearing about poster boy Tebow - barf!

Beating Urban Meyer - priceless!

Can we keep Bowl games in Florida? We're cursed in SoCal, so glad we didn't get the Illinois draw - who by the way are just not at Rose Bowl level yet obviously.

An unlike our Spartan brethren (whom I rooted for the other day) I will be pulling for the Big Ten the whole way - hoping the Buckeyes hand it to LSU next week...

Another plea (since it was on the previous page) for a DVD copy of the game tonight! Pretty please? Anyone? (And maybe a donation to the Buy Me A Better Tivo Box Fund?)

I might have one. My family tapes every big game U-M plays. I will be visiting them soon so I will see if they have a DVD. For now I would go to the Big Ten Network, and look for their highlights. The highlight I watched on there was like watching Michigan Replay. It shows tons of plays......

Try to be honest...would you root for U-M if they were in the NC right now? :sly:

Gotta put it in the proper perspective. Suppose Michigan had beaten OSU four straight and sent the seniors out winless. Were OSU fans rooting for Michigan to win the national championship in the midst of the Cooper years?

When Michigan was reguarly winning in the rivalry, and often going on to bigger and better things than the Buckeyes, I found it fairly easy to root for OSU in their bowl games and whatnot. Seems OSU fans feel the same way now. It's a lot harder to root for them when they're always beating us.

So, as for me, I won't be watching the game. I don't want either team to win. Hence the aforementioned wish for a giant sinkhole to swallow the stadium. If OSU wins, well, the SEC can suck on it then. Yay Big Ten. If LSU wins, we can start calling them the Ohio State Bills and that's kind of fun too.

Gotta put it in the proper perspective. Suppose Michigan had beaten OSU four straight and sent the seniors out winless. Were OSU fans rooting for Michigan to win the national championship in the midst of the Cooper years?

When Michigan was reguarly winning in the rivalry, and often going on to bigger and better things than the Buckeyes, I found it fairly easy to root for OSU in their bowl games and whatnot. Seems OSU fans feel the same way now. It's a lot harder to root for them when they're always beating us.

So, as for me, I won't be watching the game. I don't want either team to win. Hence the aforementioned wish for a giant sinkhole to swallow the stadium. If OSU wins, well, the SEC can suck on it then. Yay Big Ten. If LSU wins, we can start calling them the Ohio State Bills and that's kind of fun too.

That makes perfect sense.

Guest jaytan

I root for the Big Ten team in any bowl game, no matter how much I despise them during the regular season. I was cheering for the Badgers to beat Tennessee, even though I celebrated every time their quarterback got smacked around like a schoolgirl. :lol:

It's like that whole thing about how you can pick on your little brother all the time, but if anybody else tries to mess with him there's going to be a problem.

And when the conference is getting smacked around in all the bowl games it makes everybody look bad.

If OSU beats LSU I can't wait to hear all the SEC homers excuses losing 2 games to the "horrible", "slow" Big Ten. They will probably say something like "The SEC is so hard they had no energy left in their bowl games. Tim Tebow is still God's gift to earth, and Percy Harvin is still faster then every person from Kenya even though Morgan Trent tracked him down"

If OSU beats LSU I can't wait to hear all the SEC homers excuses losing 2 games to the "horrible", "slow" Big Ten. They will probably say something like "The SEC is so hard they had no energy left in their bowl games. Tim Tebow is still God's gift to earth, and Percy Harvin is still faster then every person from Kenya even though Morgan Trent tracked him down"

When that play happened the announcer said something to the effect of "look how fast he is!". I yelled at the tv "what about the $^ing guy who caught him from the opposite side of the field!!".

Won't hear that from me even though I'm a big LSU fan.

As stated again, I'm sick and tired of the SEC/Big 10 comparisons and both teams have multiple solid programs (yes I know I'm not any fun :P). I'm tired of everybody humping everybody's jock strap in the SEC. It's a great conference, WE GET IT (not ranting at anybody in here ;)). So is the Big 10.

Either school winning/losing the championship game on the field doesn't slight either conference in any way.

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Won't hear that from me even though I'm a big LSU fan.

As stated again, I'm sick and tired of the SEC/Big 10 comparisons and both teams have multiple solid programs (yes I know I'm not any fun :P). I'm tired of everybody humping everybody's jock strap in the SEC. It's a great conference, WE GET IT (not ranting at anybody in here ;)). So is the Big 10.

Either school winning/losing the championship game on the field doesn't slight either conference in any way.

C'mon Jack you're no fun!!! :lol: . I am not saying the Big 10 is better then the SEC (because it isn't), but I get annoyed when media talks about how much 'faster' it is down there when it really isn't. Both conferences have their storied programs.....

I usually cheer for Michigan when they play Ohio State, but in bowl games and other out of conference games I always cheer for the Big Ten. Always! Especially when going up against the SEC and Pac-10.

Edited by auxlepli