• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Avalanche Warning

Looking Forward To Thursday!

Rate this topic

It's the first meeting this year boys! I know the rivalry hasn't been much of a rivalry for a few years, but hopefully we see alot of emotion from both sides on Thursday. I won't be surprised if the Red Wings win, but I just hope it isn't an embarrassment like the game vs Minnesota on Saturday. I mean 51-19 shots? My Lord.

Guest DetroitIan

Im actually hoping for a competitive game as well. Blowouts are nice and all. But just not as exciting to watch. 4-2 final sounds about right. With the Red Wings getting the "W" of course. I was originally gonna say 3-0 Wings. But we do play the Blues the night before. So that should help make it a little closer. And whether it's at home, or on the road, the Wings always show up 100%. Can't wait to see how it unfolds thursday night!

The rivarly is dead...and has been for a while, sorry to say.

Unfortunately, that is very, very true.

Edited by DetroitIan

I'm hoping for a blow-out in the Wings favor. Close games are good for cardiologists.

Another reason is that it's a tail end of a back-to-back for the Wings. The front end is against a Central foe. So given those two things it could be a two-game slump for the Wings.

Speaking of the rivalry - I just watched the 97 playoff series against the dives. Very entertaining, the dives were completely outplayed. They even showed some interviews with the players. Patty is such a ****** bag!

Yes, the rivalry is dead. It's fun to think about though.

Edited by Wildwings44

Guest Crymson

It's the first meeting this year boys! I know the rivalry hasn't been much of a rivalry for a few years, but hopefully we see alot of emotion from both sides on Thursday. I won't be surprised if the Red Wings win, but I just hope it isn't an embarrassment like the game vs Minnesota on Saturday. I mean 51-19 shots? My Lord.

/me just bought his ticket.

Thanks for the reminder!

I believe Smyth is going to be dressed for the game.

Yeah I think he will too... He did miss lastnights game against Vancouver! It seems like Feast or Famine for Colorado this year, I can't figure them out just yet!!

The rivalry is dead for Wings fans, but those divealanche fans still think that it's going on, probably because their team isn't as good as they used to be, so they need something to ***** about and strive for. I for one still hate the divealanche, and am pleasantly surprised that I still despise them and their bird-brained fans even though the rivalry has died down.

The rivalry is dead for Wings fans, but those divealanche fans still think that it's going on, probably because their team isn't as good as they used to be, so they need something to ***** about and strive for. I for one still hate the divealanche, and am pleasantly surprised that I still despise them and their bird-brained fans even though the rivalry has died down.

whoa there killer, calm down.

What was wrong with what this guy said?

whoa there killer, calm down.

What was wrong with what this guy said?

As much as I hate the Avs, SOME of their fans are low class morons. I won't forget seing signs in Denver during the games that say "Red Wings Suck". Low class and a great reason to hate them. You would never see that type of thing at the Joe.

Then there's that ******* Claude Lemeuix...

As much as I hate the Avs, SOME of their fans are low class morons. I won't forget seing signs in Denver during the games that say "Red Wings Suck". Low class and a great reason to hate them. You would never see that type of thing at the Joe.

Then there's that ******* Claude Lemeuix...

I think they probably hold those signs at every game, even if the Wings aren't playing against them that night. The Wings have been around too long for our fans to obsess over one team so much. Their fans remind me of the Red Sox fans who can only think about how much they hate the Yankees. I just have a personal bias against them, and I don't mind having it.

You would never see that type of thing at the Joe.

Thats because noone shows up to Red Wings games.... ;)

But you can't stereotype the whole Avs fan base on a few people. This applies to all sports teams, and GMRWings1983 is doing a great job of embarrassing the rest of the fans on this board.

Edited by Avalanche Warning

Their fans remind me of the Red Sox fans who can only think about how much they hate the Yankees. I just have a personal bias against them, and I don't mind having it.

I think it's funny how you obviously don't know what you're talking about and are proud of it.

But you can't stereotype the whole Avs fan base on a few people. This applies to all sports teams, and GMRWings1983 is doing a great job of embarrassing the rest of the fans on this board.

People on this site are usually pretty good about treating/respecting opposing fans well on this site. I think it's good to have a diverse fan base to hear from. I mean if there are Duck fans on here... Why not Avs fans?

Thats because noone shows up to Red Wings games.... ;)

True. Remember GMRWings doesn't speak for the rest of us.

People on this site are usually pretty good about treating/respecting opposing fans well on this site. I think it's good to have a diverse fan base to hear from. I mean if there are Duck fans on here... Why not Avs fans?

Yeah, the more the merrier!

for the riverly to be dead their seems to be a certain amount of hate for no reason then. I love playing the Av's games are still very intense and since we usually win it gives me all the s*** talking rights to my roomate.

The rivalry, as it used to be, is dead......but I still look forward to Avs games more than the others. Still hate 'em. Probably has everything to do with being the fairly impressionable age of 14 when Clod did what he does to Drapes, and I don't think it'll ever go away. And I like it that way. First game I ever saw at the Joe was a 7-2 thrashing of the Avs and I always get more pleasure out of watching that than a 7-2 thrashing of any other team, even the Blues, Stars, or Leafs.

Incidentally, I spent the plane ride back home watching the 3/26/97 game. It never gets old :D

I don't hate the Avalanche, I am thankful for all the great games as a result of the rivalry. Who would GI Joe fight if there were no Cobra? He-man with no Skelator? Batman with no Joker? Superman with no Lex Luthor? The Avalanche were the Red Wings archrival through the mid to late ninties and even into the new Millenium. Sure some of that competition has died. The New NHL, players have retired or moved on. I for one miss that. The Wings need another enemy like the Avalanche. All teams need that. It's good for the game and it's a big part of the reason why I am as big a Wings fan as I am today. Merry Christmas to all!

P.S. Another post season meeting between these two teams would do wonders to renew the rivalry!

Edited by Booster313