• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Grateful Gadsby

Karma Finds Jackman

Rate this topic

Unless there was something else going on with these two before, I don't see why jackman challenged him to fight after a hard but very clean check. It could have been worse, Lucic looks like one wide Croat...

Edited by dicksmack

What's the deal w/ Jackman anyway? I don't get to see him play much. Is he a cheap shot artist or does he just hit a lot (which I'd be fine with). As for the fight, seemed to me like Jackman felt like Lucic wasn't fearing him enough and wanted to reinforce the fear. That didn't turn out quite how he'd have liked.

OUCH!!! I think Jackass bit off a bit more Christmas Dinner than he thought!! I guess its ok that he runs people like a freight train (which is cool if clean) but don't hit me!!! Sorry Jack, it don't work like that here!! Man did Lucic nail him, ole Jack looked a bit woosy at the end!!

Unless there was something else going on with these two before, I don't see why jackman challenged him to fight after a hard but very clean check. It could have been worse, Lucic looks like one wide Croat...

Yeah didn't seem like much of a reason to fight, thought the announcer said there was previous problems but whatever.

I completely agree that Lucic could've man-handled him a lot worse, it's lucky for Jackman he went down. Wonder when Jackman will get tired of being occaisonally owned and realize he's not a fighter.

He was going after Schfear (a non-fighter) like he always does, Lucic comes over and tells him wanna go ***** boy? Jackman declines. Lucic gives him a huge hit behind the net later on and then they drop them, and Lucic pounds the s*** out of him. Love that kid.

There was somethin goin on between them previously, I remember the highlights. Jackman was pickin on some guy I forget who, then Lucic challenged him and Jackman backed off......

Actually, early in the game, Lucic smashed McKee from behind on a brutal board and he was running around the whole game. Lucic smashed Jackman, but that fight was more about Jackman sticking up for McKee. You guys can ***** about Jackman all you want, but the guy usually answers the bell unlike most agitators in the league. He's also a terrific defenseman which I know you guys will never admit cause you're still bitter about his Calder victory over Zetterberg. But in regards to his fighting, Blues fans like me, in fact, think Jackman fights too much. He's been hurt in a couple of fights cause admittedly he is a really bad fighter. But he's not a *****....sorry. Just because the Wings have no one to stand up for their stars, don't blame Jackman and Co. when they try and rough up Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Co.

It is refreshing to watch a guy like Jackman after watching Kirk Maltby. At least Jackman drops the gloves. Tough to have much credibility when you play a checking role type game, ---- disturber and do not fight regardless of the reason.

Actually, early in the game, Lucic smashed McKee from behind on a brutal board and he was running around the whole game. Lucic smashed Jackman, but that fight was more about Jackman sticking up for McKee. You guys can ***** about Jackman all you want, but the guy usually answers the bell unlike most agitators in the league. He's also a terrific defenseman which I know you guys will never admit cause you're still bitter about his Calder victory over Zetterberg. But in regards to his fighting, Blues fans like me, in fact, think Jackman fights too much. He's been hurt in a couple of fights cause admittedly he is a really bad fighter. But he's not a *****....sorry. Just because the Wings have no one to stand up for their stars, don't blame Jackman and Co. when they try and rough up Zetterberg, Datsyuk and Co.

A lot of what you say is true, but you're still a Blues fan, and Jackman is still a dumb looking s***bag who happens to play for the blues, so not many people here will agree with you. Not even God knows why Jackman won the Calder that year, and I can't believe you called him a "terrific" defenseman. I know the blues don't have much, but you've had good enough defenseman in the past to use a word like that so liberally to describe an average player like jackass. Also, I don't think that Jackman is afraid to fight fighters, but he does have a spotpicker mentality at times, which he probably picked up from playing with that overgrown backstreet boy Chris Pronger. And you shoulld blame Holland for not dressing any tough guys over the years, instead of assuming that all Wings fans are O.K. with that factor.

A lot of what you say is true, but you're still a Blues fan, and Jackman is still a dumb looking s***bag who happens to play for the blues, so not many people here will agree with you. Not even God knows why Jackman won the Calder that year, and I can't believe you called him a "terrific" defenseman. I know the blues don't have much, but you've had good enough defenseman in the past to use a word like that so liberally to describe an average player like jackass. Also, I don't think that Jackman is afraid to fight fighters, but he does have a spotpicker mentality at times, which he probably picked up from playing with that overgrown backstreet boy Chris Pronger. And you shoulld blame Holland for not dressing any tough guys over the years, instead of assuming that all Wings fans are O.K. with that factor.

Bingo. You guys are trying to rub it in we dont have alot of tough guys. Most of us Wings fans hate that fact, and that's why we like Drake, Lilja and Downey so much.

I don't expect you to agree that Jackman deserved the Calder because you are, alas, a Red Wing fan, but your other portion of your rant is pretty ignorant don't you think? I never said he was a MacInnis or Pronger, but if Jackman sucks as much as you say, why do fans of other teams always clamor for him when trade possibilities are discussed on HF Boards? Why was he only the 8th defenseman in NHL history to win the Calder? The answer is simple. He doesn't suck and you know it. You can hate him cause he plays for the Blues and he has a style that might drive fans of other teams up a wall, but unlike homos like Matt Cooke, Tootoo, etc, you would take Jackman on your team anyday. Further proving how good he is, how many people wrote him off after all the rule changes? He was the prototypical "clutch and grab" defenseman and would never survive a skating game was the argument. Yea, didn't think so. After suffering through a bad 2005-05 season, he adjusted his game and his skating and puck moving ability have improved exponentially. Again, I'm sure you don't care about any of this, but I'm just proving to you that no matter your personal feelings toward him, Jackman is a great defenseman. If the Blues make the huge mistake and don't sign him he will get 4 million/year minimum on the FA market.

And I didn't intentionally "rub in" anything regarding the physical aspect of the Wings. I know Detroit fans have wanted management to improve the toughness of the roster for years now. But the fact remains that smart coaches are going to exploit the one weakness that the Wings have. That's just the way it is until your usually savvy front office deals with the situation.

I don't expect you to agree that Jackman deserved the Calder because you are, alas, a Red Wing fan, but your other portion of your rant is pretty ignorant don't you think? I never said he was a MacInnis or Pronger, but if Jackman sucks as much as you say, why do fans of other teams always clamor for him when trade possibilities are discussed on HF Boards? Why was he only the 8th defenseman in NHL history to win the Calder? The answer is simple. He doesn't suck and you know it. You can hate him cause he plays for the Blues and he has a style that might drive fans of other teams up a wall, but unlike homos like Matt Cooke, Tootoo, etc, you would take Jackman on your team anyday. Further proving how good he is, how many people wrote him off after all the rule changes? He was the prototypical "clutch and grab" defenseman and would never survive a skating game was the argument. Yea, didn't think so. After suffering through a bad 2005-05 season, he adjusted his game and his skating and puck moving ability have improved exponentially. Again, I'm sure you don't care about any of this, but I'm just proving to you that no matter your personal feelings toward him, Jackman is a great defenseman. If the Blues make the huge mistake and don't sign him he will get 4 million/year minimum on the FA market.

And I didn't intentionally "rub in" anything regarding the physical aspect of the Wings. I know Detroit fans have wanted management to improve the toughness of the roster for years now. But the fact remains that smart coaches are going to exploit the one weakness that the Wings have. That's just the way it is until your usually savvy front office deals with the situation.

Well actually, Jackman is a idiot. Going after Peter when you know he doesn't fight and then trying to go after Lucic and him kicking the s*** out of Jackman. And what's wrong with Matt cooke? And HELL NO I wouldn't take Jackman on my team so please save it... Well I guess you should of told that to the Flames, and the Sharks last year in the playoffs when the Wings won the body battle.. That's just my 2 cents

Well actually, Jackman is a idiot. Going after Peter when you know he doesn't fight and then trying to go after Lucic and him kicking the s*** out of Jackman. And what's wrong with Matt cooke? And HELL NO I wouldn't take Jackman on my team so please save it... Well I guess you should of told that to the Flames, and the Sharks last year in the playoffs when the Wings won the body battle.. That's just my 2 cents

He didn't "go after" Lucic dummy. Lucic slammed him into the boards and Lucic already pissed off the Blues when he railed McKee from behind as I explained earlier. You make it sound like Jax was looking for a fight and he in turn looked like an ass cause he got killed. But you obviously didn't see the game. Don't let the facts get in your way though.

So Matt Cooke isn't a ***** but Jackman is?? Right. Cooke is one of the dirtiest players in the Western Conference. I saw it firsthand in the '03 playoffs. He also tried to run over Sanford in a game last year and he turtled as Brewer beat the s*** out of him.

And as for your last point, I would think your goal is to win the Cup. Winning 2 round don't mean much when you ice the kind of teams the Wings do on a yearly place. Even with the rule changes, have an element of physicality and toughness will always be essential to win 4 rounds. in the playoffs. Considering most Wings agree that sentiment, sounds like your just being argumentative for no reason. That's MY 2 cents.

He didn't "go after" Lucic dummy. Lucic slammed him into the boards and Lucic already pissed off the Blues when he railed McKee from behind as I explained earlier. You make it sound like Jax was looking for a fight and he in turn looked like an ass cause he got killed. But you obviously didn't see the game. Don't let the facts get in your way though.

So Matt Cooke isn't a ***** but Jackman is?? Right. Cooke is one of the dirtiest players in the Western Conference. I saw it firsthand in the '03 playoffs. He also tried to run over Sanford in a game last year and he turtled as Brewer beat the s*** out of him.

And as for your last point, I would think your goal is to win the Cup. Winning 2 round don't mean much when you ice the kind of teams the Wings do on a yearly place. Even with the rule changes, have an element of physicality and toughness will always be essential to win 4 rounds. in the playoffs. Considering most Wings agree that sentiment, sounds like your just being argumentative for no reason. That's MY 2 cents.

Watch the video again there pal, Lucic skates around the net and then Jackman drops the gloves with a heavyweight and gets the s*** kicked out of him... And how can you say that about Cooke, how many times has he been suspended?... Oh yeah that's right the Blues were in the playoffs last year right ;)

Guest DetroitIan

Jackman is such a puss. Lucic wasted his ass. Jackman better stick to trying to fight guys like Larionov and Datsyuk. lol

Jackman may not be a puss but he's certainly a tool... He goes after guys that don't match up against him--ahem, aside from above that is lol... He looks dumb fighting over a legal check, though; and even dumber for challenging and losing badly. Usually, you drop 'em when somebody sticks you or otherwise punks you outside of the rules...

Jackman may not be a puss but he's certainly a tool... He goes after guys that don't match up against him--ahem, aside from above that is lol... He looks dumb fighting over a legal check, though; and even dumber for challenging and losing badly. Usually, you drop 'em when somebody sticks you or otherwise punks you outside of the rules...

If that were the case we wouldnt be seeing a whole lot of fights. How many millions of times do we see guys drop the gloves off the faceoff for no apparent reason? Guys all the time drop the gloves after clean hits too...I dont really know what you're getting at here. You're criticizing Jackman for something that happens every night around the league. Fighter checks fighter, challenges are issued...and they go.