• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

12/26 GDT: Red Wings 5, Blues 0

Rate this topic

Even though this we'll probably be just another game that'll be forgotten in a month, I find it important to start a trend. It's no secret that the Wings have struggled against their own division this season, and this is as good of an opportunity as any to get things rolling in the *within* the Central.

Edit: (Kelsey) Grammar

I hate to toot my own horn, but.......

OZZIE!!!! :D 45th career shutout. His season keeps on getting better. Also great to know that Babs is officially the head coach of the WC. I'm sure he'll have a say in Ozzie being at the game.

I just hope he doesn't get shot down because they think it's favoritism... I want Ozzie to have the fair shot he deserves at that spot in goal.

The most amusing thing about the Blues poster was his entire rant about the Wings' style of play tonight... They got a 2-0 lead early and basically played keep-away for the entire game -- which worked.

Blues imploded and the Wings padded their lead. It was a clinic.

It's a shame that ignorant trolls like that continue to believe that this Red Wings team is soft -- they're not. Are they the Broad Street Bullies incarnate? Nope, but they adapt. Ask Calgary, ask San Jose, et al. The Wings were one bogus penalty call from a likely Stanley Cup title and nearly did it with a roster that wore down the likes of "big, bad more physical hockey teams" in the Flames, Sharks and Ducks.

Meh, whatever. I'll just take solace that this Red Wings team can beat the ass of every other team in the league so far this year playing this way, that way, or whatever.

It doesn't matter. They. Just. Win.

Downey had 8:54 of ice time tonight. And almost scored a goal.

I know someone will come on and tell me how useless he is, and that he'll be scratched once Zetterberg and Holmstrom come back, but I think he's an important part of this team. Jackman and Walker the douchebag pair, got no shots at Dats, Flip, Hudler, etc at all tonight.

Hehe. This thread should earn NFM's classic stamp. :P

Great game by the Wings tonight. It was so nice to send those bastards packing, and in their own building no less. On that note: It's cool that the divisional play has become more intense again. The Wings - Blues rivalry looks like it could be awakening from it's long slumber.

Also: kudos to Franzen to taking Jackman out like that. Although his "fight" against Walker was pretty bad from his standpoint, it still counts as a fighting major at least, so that puts us up to 13 on the year. Gotta keep up with the rest of the pack. ;)

Edited by Kp-Wings

i don't mean to laugh...but Franzen put Jackman on the IR with a concussion

couldn't happen to a nicer guy, considering what he's done to guys in the past..

concussion is never a nice thing though.

Edited by Cicada

It really is too bad that St. Louis hasn't figured out what we know in Detroit.

Former players, who become TV analysts, that become General Managers, don't always work.

Millen doesn't work for the Lions, and Davidson doesn't work for the Blues.

Why do we have to play 2 games vs the Blues at that dump of a stadium? Why not one there and one at the Joe?

Dump? I think you have Scottrade confused with the Joe.

The Wings were on their "A" game last night even w/o some of their weapons. Forechecked like a mother and yet did a good job at backchecking to make the neutral zone a mess to get through. And they finished their chances.

The Blues didn't even compete. Much better than that. They didn't even get physical with the lightest team in the league. Legace was horrible, putting the Blues down 0-2 early.

And when the Blues did some good things, Osgood was great. McDonald missed an easy goal early too that would have made it 1-0.

Fortunately, there isn't much time to think about last night's game with San Jose tomorrow, @ Dallas Saturday and then at the Joe Monday, before the Mizzou bowl game and outdoor NHL game Tuesday. Lots of sports, no work for those four days. Should be fun.

I've gone to four games this year and they've lost all four even though they have a good home record. Next game is a road game in Toronto and the Leafs are pretty beatable. Hopefully I finally see a win.

Clean hit on Jackman, BTW.

Edited by Jack T Adams

It really is too bad that St. Louis hasn't figured out what we know in Detroit.

Former players, who become TV analysts, that become General Managers, don't always work.

Millen doesn't work for the Lions, and Davidson doesn't work for the Blues.

How does Davidson not work for the Blues?

He took a cellar team and made them into a playoff team in a pretty short amount of time, traded Weight and Tkachuk for good pics for the future, including Perron now, acquired McDonald for Weight, Boyes for Wideman, signed Kariya. Lots of good moves and lots of future still on the way, such as T.J. Oshie.

How does Davidson not work for the Blues?

He took a cellar team and made them into a playoff team in a pretty short amount of time, traded Weight and Tkachuk for good pics for the future, including Perron now, acquired McDonald for Weight, Boyes for Wideman, signed Kariya. Lots of good moves and lots of future still on the way, such as T.J. Oshie.

Glad to see you're back!

I think I had you pegged for a troll at first (or maybe was confusing you with some troll Blues fan). Sorry about that. We were saying earlier in the thread it'd be cool to have a friendly rivalry with some Blues fans here.

Glad to see you're back!

I think I had you pegged for a troll at first (or maybe was confusing you with some troll Blues fan). Sorry about that. We were saying earlier in the thread it'd be cool to have a friendly rivalry with some Blues fans here.

Yeah, after the game I drove straight from downtown STL to North KC and got in at 215 a.m. CST and went to bed for work today. First chance to comment on the game.

Dump? I think you have Scottrade confused with the Joe.

The Wings were on their "A" game last night even w/o some of their weapons. Forechecked like a mother and yet did a good job at backchecking to make the neutral zone a mess to get through. And they finished their chances.

The Blues didn't even compete. Much better than that. They didn't even get physical with the lightest team in the league. Legace was horrible, putting the Blues down 0-2 early.

And when the Blues did some good things, Osgood was great. McDonald missed an easy goal early too that would have made it 1-0.

Fortunately, there isn't much time to think about last night's game with San Jose tomorrow, @ Dallas Saturday and then at the Joe Monday, before the Mizzou bowl game and outdoor NHL game Tuesday. Lots of sports, no work for those four days. Should be fun.

I've gone to four games this year and they've lost all four even though they have a good home record. Next game is a road game in Toronto and the Leafs are pretty beatable. Hopefully I finally see a win.

Clean hit on Jackman, BTW.

Ah, a rational Blues fan to discuss the game with. :clap: Nice to see you're not crying cheap shot about the hit 'Stein put on Jackman. Can't say I wished any injury on him, but maybe now he won't take shots at Hudler and Datsyuk knowing they don't fight. Speaking of fight, what are your thoughts on the fight(if you can call it that?) that 'Stein and Walker got into? I know Walker was doing his job, but I found it a little unnecessary that the refs just let him keep punching Franzen in the back of the head.

Hope you'll be kind enough to discuss future games with us here.

I found it interesting that you can tell Oz and Manny play the same style, these pics show how much alike they are with that. Just something that struck me I guess.

capt_224393fe486a48a58b7af6317c096d.jpg

capt_85fc4c182a43447082cbcb3b1536d1.jpg

Edited by tazzer82

Ah, a rational Blues fan to discuss the game with. :clap: Nice to see you're not crying cheap shot about the hit 'Stein put on Jackman. Can't say I wished any injury on him, but maybe now he won't take shots at Hudler and Datsyuk knowing they don't fight. Speaking of fight, what are your thoughts on the fight(if you can call it that?) that 'Stein and Walker got into? I know Walker was doing his job, but I found it a little unnecessary that the refs just let him keep punching Franzen in the back of the head.

Hope you'll be kind enough to discuss future games with us here.

I found it interesting that you can tell Oz and Manny play the same style, these pics show how much alike they are with that. Just something that struck me I guess.

capt_224393fe486a48a58b7af6317c096d.jpg

capt_85fc4c182a43447082cbcb3b1536d1.jpg

I liked that Walker stood up for his teammate. It was an odd fight in that Walker kind of got above him and kept punching straight down on his head. It was obviously a mismatch and I was just waiting for Franzen to fall to the ice.

Legace has changed his style a bit. He is still a butterfly goalie but he stays in the crease more so that he is always in decent position. He used to be more aggressive and come out of crease to take away the angle being that he is smaller but it often resulted in an open net with him out of position. Now he stays in crease and easier to be square to puck.

Osgood looks similar and his season has suprised me. He was decent (but never great) with the Blues and had some success in Detroit before but nothing like this. His save % is amazing right now. It's not just that he has good blueliners and is able to have a low GAA. This is as good as I have seen Osgood. Goalies seem to age like wine.

To beat Detroit, the goaltending has to be solid and Legace had an off night. He'll need to be much better Monday and steal some goals.

The Blues would be better to play four forwards on the pp too. It's not like they have a MacInnis, Pronger or Wideman to play the point on the PP. I'd rather see them use one D on Monday and throw four forwards out there against the Wings' PK.

I think it will be a close game after the embarrassment last night. I expect Legace to be much better, and the Blues to focus on 1-2-2 forecheck. It will be boring but will keep it close and slow down the wings in the neutral zone.

The last game in Detroit the Blues took 30 penalties too. That can't happen again. But I'll worry about that Monday. Blues have SJ tonight and then Dallas Saturday night in Big D. Tough stretch coming up.