• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WhiteLightning91

Wings Unlikely To Deal For Offense

Rate this topic

Nice post. Good to keep up with the trade options.

I agree with the need for a "star" player to be on the 2nd line with Flip/Rex or Flip & Rex. We have 3 stars on the first line and usually the 2nd and 3rd lines do their job creating scoring chances and being defensive against the other team. But, right now the best D pair on the opposing team knows who they will play against. To have a great second line to sustain the pressure created by the first after the #1 D pair goes off is what wins games in the post.

As for a depth D man (ala Cory Cross), all I ask for is size, passing, and skating. They don't need to fight, they don't need to be fast, but they have to know how to hit and fire the puck on the PP (to get Sammy off the line). A Blake or Salo is what I want, but I won't get it.

No suggestions.......that's exactly what I want Kenny and Co to do. Depth security on D (due to what happened last year) and a solid second-liner. Keep in mind that when Kenny says "second line offensemen" that *no one* will crack the top line of ZDH due to its chemistry. The Wings could add a Fedorov-type and the ZDH line will stay in tact.

Edit: Clarity

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Not to beat this Fedorov thing to a pulp but I was wondering what his contract status was with Columbus and how much we would have to pay/give up to get him. He's definitely not the premier scorer that he was in his prime but he could definitely be a great fit on the second line. I guess the biggest problem I see in making a deal for him would be that we'd be feeding some of our talent to a division rival.

Well, Fedorov is going to be UFA after the season afaik. I would love to see him in the Red Wing uniform once again, but he's not worth Huds, Flip or Franzen..but if we could get him for Drake, Sammy or Lilja I would go for it :)

Edited by Reds4Life

Right now, I'd rather not get rid of anyone. They all seem to be playing really well. And I like them all too much. :hehe: I think they're right though about Sammy and Franzen being able to score more. Hopefully they'll step it up the 2nd half of the season. Now would be OK too.

Right now, I'd rather not get rid of anyone. They all seem to be playing really well. And I like them all too much. :hehe: I think they're right though about Sammy and Franzen being able to score more. Hopefully they'll step it up the 2nd half of the season. Now would be OK too.

Honestly, Samuellson has to get better looks before he shoots. His stellar season of two years ago included a lot of lucky bounces but it gave him a ton of confidence. If he puts a couple in the net in the next few games I'd expect to see a little more offensive output from him by season's end. If not then maybe he's a viable trade option. We really don't have too many trade options available right now. By that, I mean, we can't afford to give up a Hudler or Flip in a trade.

I'm glad to see that Kronner is putting up some offensive numbers lately. I was really beginning to wonder if he was capable.

Much as I would like to see #91 back in Detroit, he isn't what we need. I want to see a more physical player added to that 2nd line, and I fear what we would have to give the BJs for him.

Having said that, we can easily fit him under the cap if he comes at the deadline, and his playoff record is second to none. 160pts in 160 games is not to be sniffed at.

Part of me hopes the wings deal a late pick for Feds just so people will stop posting about it all the time.

well, never mind, b/c everyone will just complain about how he's playing then. I wish Feds would retire so we can all move on.

I wish Feds would retire so we can all move on.

Unlikely, but then again I'm basing that on the "Yzerman needs 1 more season" threads :P

Anyone else notice that the article calls out Samuelsson? I'm thinking he'll be gone by the deadline.

I was thinking about it ... why not get ryder ... YES his having worst season ... YES his a healthy scratch wich i would really think that its our chance to get him really cheap ... its his last year with montreal and they are trying to get rid of him from what i hear down here ... and yes i also know his not that great defensively but hey why not put him second line or pair him up with either datsyuk or zett's scoring winger ... the guy has allready put up if im not mistaking 2 or 3 ... 30 goals seasons ... anyways im sure he'd be a great addition to our roster ... we should trade samy for ryder straight up im not saying ryder > then samy (wich i would probably think he is) but hey why not try it ... thoughts guys ?

I was thinking about it ... why not get ryder ... YES his having worst season ... YES his a healthy scratch wich i would really think that its our chance to get him really cheap ... its his last year with montreal and they are trying to get rid of him from what i hear down here ... and yes i also know his not that great defensively but hey why not put him second line or pair him up with either datsyuk or zett's scoring winger ... the guy has allready put up if im not mistaking 2 or 3 ... 30 goals seasons ... anyways im sure he'd be a great addition to our roster ... we should trade samy for ryder straight up im not saying ryder > then samy (wich i would probably think he is) but hey why not try it ... thoughts guys ?

For the last 2 seasons, I was thinking we were going to get him in the off-season. I have a good feeling he's coming here at the deadline. Playing on a wide open offence like Detroit, not a defence first Montreal offence, will benefit him greatly. Along, of course, with playing with fellow newf Cleary :).

What worries me most about Ryder is not his potential to score 30 goals it is his potential to be a minus 30.

One year that he score 30 he was a minus 25. If he is going to be on the ice for 30 goals both ways that is not a good situation.

I am not saying that being in Montreal is as good as being on a team like Detroit the last couple of years, it is a worry.

Sammy and a high level prospect will be needed to get him.

Any trade involving Sammy is probably going to also need a Kindl along with it. As much as some Wing's fans hate Sammy, he does have an upside and is tradeable, but if you want something in return it will take more, I think on his own he would probably get you a 3rd/4th round pick.

I like what he does here, but he is not going to garner a lot of trade interest, unless it was with something of high value or potential.

What worries me most about Ryder is not his potential to score 30 goals it is his potential to be a minus 30.

One year that he score 30 he was a minus 25. If he is going to be on the ice for 30 goals both ways that is not a good situation.

I am not saying that being in Montreal is as good as being on a team like Detroit the last couple of years, it is a worry.

Sammy and a high level prospect will be needed to get him.

Any trade involving Sammy is probably going to also need a Kindl along with it. As much as some Wing's fans hate Sammy, he does have an upside and is tradeable, but if you want something in return it will take more, I think on his own he would probably get you a 3rd/4th round pick.

I like what he does here, but he is not going to garner a lot of trade interest, unless it was with something of high value or potential.

Yes, his defensivly play has always been questionable. But I feel playing on a team like Detroit would really help him. Zetterberg, Cleary, Datsyuk, Filpula. All the guys he'd be playing with are defesive monsters.

Sammy and a top pick? Doubt it. Montreal has all but given up on Ryder, I bet a low pick and a guy like Ellis or Meech could get him. We could save Sammy, who has a little bit of value for a bigger trade.

So... looking at NHLnumbers FA list...

Holik

Dupuis

Foote

Fed

Peca

Blake

Brisebois

Comrie

and half of TB's team

might all be had on the cheap, but most the league knows what we need and what we have so deadline deals might not come as cheap.

(Just scanning names not really looking to hard so don't kill me)

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Yes, his defensivly play has always been questionable. But I feel playing on a team like Detroit would really help him. Zetterberg, Cleary, Datsyuk, Filpula. All the guys he'd be playing with are defesive monsters.

Sammy and a top pick? Doubt it. Montreal has all but given up on Ryder, I bet a low pick and a guy like Ellis or Meech could get him. We could save Sammy, who has a little bit of value for a bigger trade.

Not happening. We'd be lucky to get Ryder for sammy straight up.

One name that hasent been mentioned is MIROSLAV SATAN! 25-40 goal scorer, fast would work well with Flilp i can already tell and a free agent.

One name that hasent been mentioned is MIROSLAV SATAN! 25-40 goal scorer, fast would work well with Flilp i can already tell and a free agent.

I would be one of the first people to get his jersey if he came here. I always liked Satan... :P

Actually, there was a lot of discussion about Satan here a couple weeks ago. I spoke to some Islanders fans about it and they seem to think that Islanders management will try and re-sign Satan, but in the end that doesnt really mean anything. Satans not having a great year, but his work ethic is greatly improved from years past. Hed be a great 2nd line signing.

Satan, Comrie, Ryder, Fedorov, Prospal, Dumont are all options. Although half those guys will probably be out of our range.

Orpik is on the block. He might be a nice physical presence on the back end, but Id prefer the experience of Stuart, Foote, Ward, etc.

One other name comes to mind when you say Forward/Defenseman...

Dustin Byfuglien.

Quincey for Byfuglien?

I really don't think Chicago would give him up

One other name comes to mind when you say Forward/Defenseman...

Dustin Byfuglien.

Quincey for Byfuglien?

Theres no way in HELL that would happen. Ever. Unless Quincey suddenly joins that squad and scores 8 games while playing an elite physical game and being as versatile a player as Dandenault - only better - at a much younger age.