56 replies to this topic

#1 DetroitIan

DetroitIan

^^^^ The Dark Defender

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:04 PM

Just got a Playstation 3 for Christmas. So I was wondering what everyone else here has. I only have one game(NHL 08). But Im looking to get Call of Duty 4 soon. Im also thinking about NBA Live 08. So what system/s do you own? And are you happy with it?
What time is it??? IT'S HOMER TIME!!!

Yzerman is God.

LGWer since June '02.

#2 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 07:15 PM

PlayStation2. Only a few games for it.....Grand Theft Auto San Andreas/Vice City/III, Resident Evil 4/Code Veronica X/Outbreak, Guitar Hero/Guitar Hero 80s, and soon to be NHL 08 in all likelihood, but I'm more than happy with it.

#3 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:15 PM

should I get Guitar Hero? I have played it, but I don't know if it is something I want to spend $80 on. i dunno.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#4 terri27

terri27

Beware of Kirby!He'll suck up teams and spit them out.

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,933 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 08:56 PM

With my older nephew if it doesn't say Nintendo it's not entering any of our families houses. laugh.gif

#5 SouthernWingsFan

SouthernWingsFan

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 24,609 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:42 PM

QUOTE (rwfan007 @ December 26, 2007 - 07:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
should I get Guitar Hero? I have played it, but I don't know if it is something I want to spend $80 on. i dunno.

Do you really want to get good at it?

I'll ask again...

Do you REALLY want to get good at it?

To do that requires a lot of practice and a lot of resisting to break the guitar on your TV or nightstand or any other apparatus in your room. I suck at the game so that's out of the question, but I often engaging in the resisting activity.

The resisting activity and experiencing me blowin gaskets can get quite entertaining though, almost as entertaining as the game.

#6 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:47 PM

i want to be better than easy level, but the thing is that the music really isnt my style. thats why I am hesitant to buy it

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#7 wingnut22

wingnut22

F#$%!

• Silver Booster
  • 1,018 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:07 AM

well, until this Christmas we only had a Dreamcast and a Playstation. haha now we have a PS2. We have been having a lot of fun with it!! haha

QUOTE (rwfan007 @ December 26, 2007 - 08:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

if you want to get it do what my parents did for us for Christmas. Go to a store like Gamestop (there is one in GH) and buy it used. they have a ton of stuff and it is way less than in stores. they got the game for like $30 and the guitar for like $15 or something like that. It beats paying the store prices and it works fine, they dont sell you crap and they give you 15 days to try it out and return it if it is messed up.

Posted Image
"They are younger. We are not called younger anymore. Except to Cheli. To him, everyone is younger." - Pavel Datsyuk

#8 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 02:44 AM

I have PS2 and Game Cube....

I have guitar hero for PS2... its a fun game to play. although i haven't played in about 7 months so i might suck again at it. hehe oh well.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#9 vangvace

vangvace

no such thing as overkill

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,453 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 04:54 AM

org. xbox and Wii. Happy with both. Like downloading games for the Wii from the older nintendo/sega/turbographix16 systems.

I might get a 360 once the price drops again, but until then it's 2K7 until the Wii gets a NHL game.
I make 1 or 2 posts a week tops. Sometimes they're gold, sometimes they're crap, but the end weight is the same.

http://www.letsgowin...tion=boardrules

#10 Jeremy88

Jeremy88

Do u work at subway? Cuz u just gave me a 5 dollar foot long

• Restricted
  • PipPipPip
  • 554 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 09:59 AM

I own a 360, and it is AWESOME. It has the best games, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Gears of War. Call of Duty 4 is the best FPS I've ever played, but you can get that for PS3 also. Mass Effect is an awesome 3rd person shooter/real-time RPG game that is really good. It's exclusive to the 360, and the story is just phenomenal. 360 has the best games...hands down.
my president is black

#11 BlakChamber

BlakChamber

Don't Mess With...

• Gold Booster
  • 4,189 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 10:34 AM

I have a 360, which I just got for Christmas, and an original Xbox.

The demon code prevents me from declining a rock-off challenge.

#12 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:00 AM

I have the following systems.
Nintendo: NES, SNES, N64, Wii, Game Boy, Game Boy Advance SP
Sony: PS1, PS2
Sega: Dreamcast
The list would be longer but there are systems I did not acquire as a youth because one of my brothers had them, including the Sega Master System, Sega Genesis, Sega CD, and Sega Game Gear.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#13 Wings_Fan_In_Exile

Wings_Fan_In_Exile

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 11:32 AM

Original Xbox here. I've thought about getting a 360, but not quite ready to drop that much cash.
thanks offsides!

#14 redwingslady87

redwingslady87

1st Line All-Star

• Gold Booster
  • 1,292 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 12:52 PM

xbox, ps2 and wii.
PS2 is for my hockey games until wii comes out with a hockey game. Next system will probably be a PS3 since you can play blu rays on them.

#15 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 519 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:41 PM

we have a 360...want a wii. but everywhere is sold out right now. im still debating on the wii since im going on a cruise in 09...and that 250 is a quarter of my cruise.
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#16 dallas27

dallas27

It worked with Hossa, now it's Ilya's turn

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,051 posts

Posted 27 December 2007 - 03:49 PM

QUOTE (Jeremy88 @ December 27, 2007 - 09:59AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I own a 360, and it is AWESOME. It has the best games, Mass Effect, Halo 3, Gears of War. Call of Duty 4 is the best FPS I've ever played, but you can get that for PS3 also. Mass Effect is an awesome 3rd person shooter/real-time RPG game that is really good. It's exclusive to the 360, and the story is just phenomenal. 360 has the best games...hands down.

*** http://ps3.ign.com/a...8/828573p1.html ***

*** http://ps3.ign.com/o...886/886158.html ***

http://ps3.ign.com/o...2/14223575.html

http://ps3.ign.com/o...857/857126.html

http://ps3.ign.com/o...826/826843.html

All those are exclusives. Patience is a virtue. I really wish Rockstar / Grand Theft Auto would have remained a PS3 exclusive. Metal Gear Solid is going to be insane as will God of War.

I like the 360 but I think the PS3 is better and I like it more so that's what I have. Also have NES, SNES, PSone, PS2, Game Gear (yes), Game Boy (original)

**Edit** I just got 300 on Blu-Ray and watched it on my dads 56'' wide-screen. AMAZING. A-M-A-Z-I-N-G

Edited by dallas27, 27 December 2007 - 03:51 PM.

It's a Festivus miracle!!!

"For the next 20 minutes, you will sit in silence while I tell you why the Detroit Red Wings are the greatest franchise in the history of professional sports." -Dr. Perry Cox

#17 The Noodle 39

The Noodle 39

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 247 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:41 AM

Love my 360 and have not touched my Wii since Zelda. But when i get the internet hookup for the Wii it will be all Blades of Steel and Punch out for me! lol

Playing Call of Duty 4 and Halo 3 on Xbox live owns my soul right now.

Never been a playstation person cause i always went with nintendo. Have an Nes, Snes, N64. When i heard the Gamecube was gonna suck i went with the original Xbox instead of a Ps2 cause it was closest to a PC as i had started turning into a PC gamer around the N64 days.

I think it's kind of funny cause the ps1 and ps2 always had more games and good games and thats what they were known for but there graphics were horrible in comparision to the N64 and Xbox. But when they rushed the Ps3 out it supposely has the best graphics now even though it dosent seem like it but that may be because most of there games are 360 ports. But now the Ps3 has not a lot of good games to choose from... lol but maybe in due time eh? In the meantime I'm enjoying 360 gaming!

Thank you Teeman!

#18 Earthhuman

Earthhuman

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,907 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:18 AM

Got a 360 for Christmas! No hockey yet, but I did get Halo 3 (you have to) and I'm getting Assassin's Creed pretty soon. Looks real pretty.

I went to see family, and they have a wii... gotta say, you can even play TENNIS on that thing for hours. It doesn't get funn-er than that.

#19 amberlynn25

amberlynn25

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 519 posts

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:02 AM

QUOTE (Earthhuman @ December 28, 2007 - 01:18AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Got a 360 for Christmas! No hockey yet, but I did get Halo 3 (you have to) and I'm getting Assassin's Creed pretty soon. Looks real pretty.

I went to see family, and they have a wii... gotta say, you can even play TENNIS on that thing for hours. It doesn't get funn-er than that.

assassins creed is a good game. nathan rented it and beat in in like 4 days.
I get up every day, and I live. Everybody says you should live to the fullest, but what is it? No one knows until you come so close that you're not worried about anything else but being alive."~ Jiri Fischer
my heart belongs to a canadian!

#20 Lou_Siffer

Lou_Siffer

1 more win and im diggin' in!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,086 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:26 AM

PS2 here....but have been considering an upgrade for a long while. Ive just been exclusively buying PC games the past year, I havent bought anything for PS2 since NHL2k7. But i was really disappointed to hear that Madden and NHL 08 for the PC are just rehashed versions of the year before, so eventually i'll be forced into getting a PS3. I dont know whats supposed to be better between that and the 360 though, i remember reading that the PS3 was not doing very well sales wise....so thats a little bit scary. Is the system not living up to the hype??? The only reason i'd want PS3 over the 360 is so i can still play some of my PS2 games. (without having to unhook everything). I know its cheesy but im also a big Singstar fan, and thats exclusive to Sony. But if the 360 is supposed to be better, than thats something i'd have to seriously think about. Even though i have the money right now to be able to buy the PS3, i just cant pull the trigger. I just dont feel like theres enough games that excite me right now...i know theres a UFC game coming next year, but thats a long ways away.

Aaron Downey tally = 4 Wins (Mclaren, PARROS, *Laperriere*, Wisniewski) - 1 L (**Boll**) - 5 Draws (Walker, Fedoruk, Davison, Shelley, O'Donnell)

(* = beatdown) (** = at the end of a shift)

Preseason prediction - Anaheim over Philadelphia in 6 (ok, well i'll settle for one right...)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users