• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

12/27 GDT: Red Wings 4, Avalanche 2

Rate this topic

Eh, sorry I'm so new to this forum but I suppose we are making predictions...

I'll say Wings : 3-2

Datsyuk, Cleary, Val

And we'll say Wolski, Smyth

And as a newcomer I really like how this topic is set up, it's very nicely done.

Welcome To The Cool Kids Club.. Dont Have To Make Predictions. Just Fun To Do.

!!!!!!

Anyway. I Think Since There Was A Back2Back Game. Good Ole Aaron Downey Might Manage To Get 5 Minutes Of Ice Time This Game :yowza:

4-2 Avalanche.

Wings - Datsyuk - Draper

Aves - 2xSvatos - Wolski - Liles

Im Hoping Otherwhise But I Honestly Cant See It Happenning

I'm thinking 3-2 Wings, because it's back to back road game, however third line was playing the majority of the game last night (I mean...Nicky with only 14.5 mins??!!)...

But, hi, everyone, since I'm new to the board!!

and Go Wings!!!! Av's suck!!!

Here's to the Wings winning tonight by a lot. I don't need a bunch of fairweathered fans talking crap to me at the game tonight. 5-1 Dats (2), Flips, Huds and Franzie. Hejduk will be the lonely goal scorer.

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Downey will score tonight... Jesus himself said so in the bible "Downey will score against the unholy avs, and then good things will cometh to all men"

Thats a real quote from the bible. Look for it if you dont believe me, its somewhere near the back.

USA Today game preview

Interesting numbers going into the game tonight:

Zetterberg leads the Red Wings 50 points, and Holmstrom is second behind him with 17 goals. Still, Detroit has outscored its opponents 9-1 with them out the lineup.

Colorado's 15-3-0 home record is second only to Detroit's 16-2-1 mark for best in the league. "We have a lot of momentum right now," Colorado coach Joel Quenneville said. Hmm.

[Hasek] The six-time Vezina Trophy winner has won six straight over Colorado with a 1.32 GAA since January 2002. He also hasn't lost in Denver since 1998, going 6-0-0 with an 0.99 GAA and three shutouts. Hasek also needs one win to tie John Vanbiesbrouck for 11th place on the all-time list with 374.

Hasek has gone 6-0-1, 1.68 GAA in his last seven starts.

Wings will miss Z and Homer tonight, but I am hopeful that Dats will step up. Again. Strikes against us: Back to back games, key players out of the line up, Nick not up to speed for whatever reason. Is Mule playing or is he in the doghouse for taking Jackman out?

Wings generated plenty of offense last night v. the Boos. Can they do this again and pile up five unanswered goals? I say no, since Manny's not in goal for the Avs. :blink:

This one is not going to be easy, I suspect. Good luck, guys!

Edited by puckloo39

Hate to say it, but the game could be postponed tonight. It's snowing pretty good here and it's not suppose to stop till midnight. I'm not sure how bad it has to be before the cancel the game tonight, but it could happen. I hope not though cause I already got this day off from work and it would suck if I had to get another.

Edited by Mudvayneowns91

Well lets see

Holmstrom, Zetterberg and Maltby are out, Hasek is getting the start and the Wings played last night in St.Louis, and visiting the team with the best home record in the league. All signs lead to an Avs win. But I'm not going to expect an Avs win because Detroit always seems to compete no matter the circumstances.

2nd best home record, behind the Wings. Wings are 2nd best on the road, behind the Sens, 11-5-2.

Hate to say it, but the game could be postponed tonight. It's snowing pretty good here and it's not suppose to stop till midnight. I'm not sure how bad it has to be before the cancel the game tonight, but it could happen. I hope not though cause I already got this day off from work and it would suck if I had to get another.

The other night in Boston the same worry came up, but as long as the away team can get to the barn they will play the game so for your sake I hope the wings are already there!

Even though the rivalry is dead and the only thing I completely hate about the Avs anymore is Bettman using them as justification to keep us in the West, I'm really looking forward to this game. Colorado's been outstanding lately and have a superb home record while we habitually play poorly on back-to-back (especially while on the road) games.

We still seem to be clicking without 2/3 our top line so I'm seeing this one as a rather polarized split betwen one of those likely outcomes.

We slide to another surprisingly easy victory going ahead early and never looking back to win by multiple goals, or grind out a point in a OT lose most likely in the SO. Hoping for the former but expecting the latter.

Snowing hard here in denver!

Wings 4 (dats, flip, huds, rafa)

Avs 2 (smyth, hannan)

GO WINGS!

You going to the game? I'll be there but I'm nervous. Colorado always comes down on you hard when you lose and sometimes that can be hard to handle. They give you so much crap, so we need to win. If we all will it hard enough, it will happen right? Look for me on tv!