• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
aflac9262

12/27 GDT: Red Wings 4, Avalanche 2

Rate this topic

Hopefully there's not too much lag from the travel and back-to-back games tomorrow night.

Sidenote: Aflac, are you off work for the week, hence the GDT's? Regardless, its great to see them once again.

No, I was able to get those nutty hours switched around to something I prefer. I really didn't like them.

Edited by aflac9262

Guest DetroitIan

I expect us to play pretty well despite it being a second half of a back-to-back.

Red Wings 3(Flipper, Cleary, Datsyuk)

Avalanche 1(Wolski)

Hasek is not about to be outdone by Oz.

Lilja will rip Parker's beard right off his face

Wings 4 (D, Rafs, THE CAPTAIN, Draper)

Scab-alanche 1 (Smyth, who will run over Dom and true to the Anti-Homer sentiment, not get a penalty)

Aflac, you MUST teach one of us how to do the GDT like you do......It was Horrible......the carnage......the MISPLACED STATS and No Pretty Pictures while you were gone.....oh the humanity!!!

Eh, sorry I'm so new to this forum but I suppose we are making predictions...

I'll say Wings : 3-2

Datsyuk, Cleary, Val

And we'll say Wolski, Smyth

And as a newcomer I really like how this topic is set up, it's very nicely done.

Eh, sorry I'm so new to this forum but I suppose we are making predictions...

I'll say Wings : 3-2

Datsyuk, Cleary, Val

And we'll say Wolski, Smyth

And as a newcomer I really like how this topic is set up, it's very nicely done.

welcome btw :)

Well lets see

Holmstrom, Zetterberg and Maltby are out, Hasek is getting the start and the Wings played last night in St.Louis, and visiting the team with the best home record in the league. All signs lead to an Avs win. But I'm not going to expect an Avs win because Detroit always seems to compete no matter the circumstances.

Well lets see

Holmstrom, Zetterberg and Maltby are out, Hasek is getting the start and the Wings played last night in St.Louis, and visiting the team with the best home record in the league. All signs lead to an Avs win. But I'm not going to expect an Avs win because Detroit always seems to compete no matter the circumstances.

Good point, the Avs have been gaining a lot of wins lately but may be hindered due to those questionable injuries. Nonetheless I have a feeling this is going to be a great game to watch. :)

Oh and thanks Cicada!

Avs have had an advantage in the playoffs, and the Wings have always had an advantage in the regular season so I have to Pick Wings as much as it pains me. :(

Wings 4-3 (SO),

P.S. I don't expect Parker to play tonight, as our call up Cody Mcleod has been playing some nice physical hockey, so I'd expect him in the line up instead.

I don't usually predict, but it is the hated Av's (I know, I know 10 years ago, I still hate them anyway!)!

4-0 Wings

Huds, Dats (+1a), Lids (pp +2a), Cleary

Ralf, Sammy, Flip, Franzen all get assists as well

Lilja gets owned by Parker after Parker takes a cheap shot at Huds and Huds jumps up to punch him in the chest!!

Budaj gives up 4 in the first 30 min and gets pulled!

This is kind of fun I am typing s*** that will probably never in a million years happen, but hey it could!!

:crazy:

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

5-4 wings. ( I hope)

Wings

Pavel (1)

Franzen(1)

Cleary(2)

Draper(1)

Avs

Smyth(2)

Statsny(1)

Brunette(1)

Colorado has a really good core of impressive youngsters.

I'm still worried as hell about Z, but it looks like Dats is doing his whole "take up the team on his shoulders" thing he did when Z's back was hurt last season.

I'm thinking the Wings will win tonight but it will NOT be an easy game. Look for the Aves to hit hard and quick to take an early lead but the Wings to look into the mirror and find what they need to win.

Huddles will play great tonight. Bank on it.

I'm feeling nervous about this game - back to back, on the road, half decent opponent, banged up team, Hasek in goal.......then again I felt nervous about the game in Minnesota and look what happened there :)