Argo

Huds & Flip Match Their Last Year Points Against Blues

Rate this topic

After 37 games

Hudler is at 9g 16a for 25 points matching his 15g 10a of last year

while

Filppula is at 11g 7a for 18 points actually surpassing his 10g 7a of last year

has any Wing improved more than these two compared to last season? :cool:

Seriously, I like these guys so much. They Both had slow starts to the season but have played great hockey over the past two months in particular. Hudler’s had his doubters, none bigger than the coach, but he’s battled hard to win trust and he’s producing some great numbers. Filppula was scoreless in his first 10 games and the critics were out in force. Some said he’ll never be much of a contributor on the offensive end but he has 18 points for the season and 7 goals in 9 games. He’s 23 and has a lot of improvement to come, who said he’s not very offensively gifted? He's also 6th in the league in shot %.

And doesn't this photo just bring a smile to your face?

capt.5ab2061fbd7c44a1ad71c045247a60be.red_wings_blues_hockey_motg108.jpg

not to mention Hudler's taking everything that they're throwing at him, the cheapshots etc...and he just smiles through it

Cicada,

I am really glad some one brought that up.

Even after getting leveled and I do mean leveled by Phanuef he got up gathered all of his beans and went back to playing hockey.

He plays with an energy and an attitude that I hope is contagious, he seems so happy to be on the ice. And at his size he stands tall when guys mess with him. Obviously he isn't going to swing with some of these guys, but he doesn't just eat a glove and skate away.

It is kind of like Hines Ward for the Steelers, that guy can get lit up going across the middle and will do it with a big ass smile on his face.